ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Marcus Bales 05-28-2007 10:36 AM

bollard - The state of having been caught in the act.

It was suddenly borne in upon Brynn and Jedi that Coffee had been reading the thread all along, and had seen them chatting casually instead of diligently recruiting new players for The Dictionary Game, and adding their own multiple entries, since they knew full well just how much he loved the long luxury of judging dozens of entries, and they realized that they were well and truly bollard.

Brynn 05-28-2007 10:46 AM

Hyakujo's Fox 05-28-2007 10:54 AM

bollard (n) person who fails to even attempt to mask their conversational posts in The Dictionary Game thread as definitions.

Brynn 05-28-2007 11:09 AM

Hyakujo's Fox 05-28-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 346097)
and this is a bad thing :confused: :p
Okay. I'm going to erase all of this in exactly two minutes. I dare you to try to copy it all before I erase it. On your mark, get set, GO!

bollard (n) a dare all too easily taken up.

The words "I dare..." had barely left his mouth, when Blanche grabbed the bottle from the barman's hands, tilted her head back and drained it, before slamming it back down onto the bar and informing him in no uncertain terms she was not a woman to be bollard about.

Brynn 05-28-2007 11:23 AM

^I'd like to helpfully point out, Judge, that this is a multiple entry.

However, it is common knowledge that Mr. Fox, like Mr. Bales, does not like to judge rounds of the Dictionary game and does this on purpose in order to avoid doing his part. I propose that the only way to put a stop to this flagrant scofflaw is to make him judge the next round. The last time he did so has been easily a year ago, if not more.

Moreover, neither of his latest entries feature any nautical references whatsoever.

Coffee 05-28-2007 01:23 PM

Ok...sure...what the heydehooda.
I'll take a "Crappy Judge" penalty for the next round and shirk the awards ceremony for rescinding the arbitrary multiple posting rule...but really...M. Bales should get jury duty not H.fox as most egregious multi-poster.

The actual definition...
Bollard:
A large pillar to which a boat's mooring lines may be tied.

Give us a new word Bales. :)

Marcus Bales 05-28-2007 04:09 PM

The new word is

sedilia
enjoy

Tunesmith 05-28-2007 04:48 PM

sedilia: (n.) the sudden rush of adrenaline one gets when confronted by an exciting situation after days of boredom

"Perhaps I'll mix up the routine, today," sighed Marvin, as he tottered downstairs, still groggy from last night's "The Price is Right" marathon. "At breakfast: pills then grapefruit!" Wriggling with anticipation as he later sliced his fruit, Marvin felt his sedilia come in.

daverbee 05-29-2007 02:00 PM

sedilia

An unnatural sexual obsession with sediment.

12"razormix 05-29-2007 02:04 PM

sedilia, n.

some kind of nasty rash that you get from making in the bushes

Hyakujo's Fox 05-30-2007 10:58 AM

sedilia (n) a tingling in the buttocks commonly experienced by those in sedentary occupations, caused by an excess of sitting at desks and in meetings.

A recent WHO survey found 29% of office workers ranked sedilia as the highlight of their working day.

Brynn 05-30-2007 08:22 PM

sedilia - 1. miniature acts of rebellion or sedition, such as throwing snails into an irksome neighbor's garden, using the word "ain't," or "forgetting" to use a coaster. 2. outrageous flirtation at social gatherings between humans who differ in age by 25 years or more but pretend otherwise.

Coffee 05-31-2007 07:52 AM

sedilia:
The love of sedition.

It was inevitable that the sedilious b'tard Bales would eventually hang in the judge's noose over in the dictionary thread.

xfox 06-02-2007 04:14 PM

sedilia Procrastination.

"Don't talk about it", ordered the captain, "just do it!" Sedilia had completely overtaken the crew.