ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

zenbabe 10-16-2005 01:45 AM

FVCK!

glasshouse 10-16-2005 05:16 AM

Wait! Listen.......its the sound of dead air.

xfox 10-16-2005 02:03 PM

Okay, thanks, Coffee. I won, but you should've.

New word: Nepenthe

12"razormix 10-16-2005 03:14 PM

nepenthe, n.

a form of remorseless nepotism

mildred threw aside all notions of nepenthe when confronted with dixie may's accusation. "how dare you!" she shouted, her ample face turning a bright shade of red, while she dug her fists into her pudgy sides and extended her torso trying to appear taller than she really was... "harold may be my son, but he also baked the best pumpkin pie this country fair has ever seen - he has earned the blue ribbon!"

Marcus Bales 10-17-2005 10:25 AM

nepenthe - a concoction of tar and pitch in which rags were soaked to wrap around long wood sticks to make torches.

dddrum 10-17-2005 11:30 AM

Firstly, apologies and regrets to Coffee, whose fine entry should have been my second choice, and at the very least not dismissed out-of-hand. Mr. Coffee, sir, I un-disqualify you, and pass you the rest of my delicious peanut clusters, as penance.

Okay then,

nepenthe (adj.) - flat broke in Glathgow.

glasshouse 10-18-2005 04:16 AM

nepenthe - A newfangled hair product that is put in only in the evenings and can act as gel, mousse, or hairspray, depending on the texture of the hair and the heat treatment given to it by blowdrying. The hotter the temperature, the stiffer the hold. Flammable when used in conjunction with perfume.

dinzdale 10-18-2005 10:59 AM

nepenthe n. chem.

Petrochemical by-product from the catalyzed hydrolysis of Vinyl Acetylene. Clear, low boiling pt, liquid at ambient pressure and temperature. Non-flammable.Manufactured in the U.S cheifly as the active ingredient for most vaginal deoderants.

trisherina 10-18-2005 11:52 AM

nepenthe: In pre-Hippocratic medicine, this little-known bodily humour was thought to be excreted by tissues in response to resentment left unexpressed for the sake of a greater good.

dddrum 10-18-2005 12:46 PM

Oops.

Eek. Never mind.

Can I edit this out??

:o
DDD

glasshouse 10-19-2005 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina
nepenthe: In pre-Hippocratic medicine, this little-known bodily humour was thought to be excreted by tissues in response to resentment left unexpressed for the sake of a greater good.

Wow. That's way deeper than hair gel. I smell victory getting closer to someone...

dddrum 10-19-2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasshouse
Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina
Wow. That's way deeper than hair gel. I smell victory getting closer to someone...

That's right, and we'll all be better off if I don't bring up how annoyed that makes me.

Say... what's that oozing out of my innermost core, there?

(Um, has anybody got a Kleenex?)

Yrs,
DDD

Marcus Bales 10-19-2005 02:30 PM

Nepenthe - The sudden realization that a Kleenex isn't going to do it, and one will need either a torniquet or to file an environmental impact statement and get help from the brownfields fund to clean it up.

xfox 10-20-2005 11:50 PM

Booty call

Nepenthe n. (Greek ne-not, and penthos, grief) Something, such as a drink or a drug, capable of making one forget suffering.

This was a very good round with extra comments, seriously, I loved it all!

12"razormix Is presented with the 'Charming Rendition of All in the County Family Award' for an utterly haliarous portrait of her county fair scene.

dddrum is awarded the Victory for Losing Medal on his entry: nepenthe (adj.) - flat broke in Glathgow.

glasshouse Winner of the Merit Prize for New Personal Chemical in the Good and Exciting Personal Grooming category. I definitely want to try that stuff. Nothing like having a good hair day.

dinzdale gains further celebrity by entering and attaining the top honors in the category for Olefin Olfactory & Creative Chemisty in the overachievers group. Oh, my. Thanks for an impressive definition, so close to correct!

trisherina is the second runner up for arriving at a mentally apprehending relation and stating its importance in her exquisite definition that borders on the ridge of a certain unexplainable place. If Earth ever needs anybody to represent us I vote for trisherina.

And finally, the winner of this round and the Focus on Fun or Fright prize for his two outstanding definitions that excell in my book, as usual, I give you talented Marcus Bales! Congratulations, dude!

glasshouse 10-21-2005 06:31 AM

xfox, I second your wise nomination for earthling representative.