ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

lukkucairi 11-12-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi (Post 417364)
I would like to announce that I'm finally ready to go to sleep now.

I would like to announce that I would like to reannounce that I'm finally ready to go to sleep now.

Marcus Bales 11-12-2009 09:44 AM

I'd like to announce that it's about time, too.

Stephi_B 11-12-2009 10:42 AM

I'd like to announce that

:)

Frieda 11-12-2009 11:15 AM

^did you eat too many eggs?

Peregrine 11-12-2009 12:56 PM

Is anyone else reminded of that scene from Cool Hand Luke?

MoJoRiSin 11-12-2009 05:36 PM

i thought of
1. huge head
2.hard to find hats big enough
3.going crazy because electrial storn is larger than others
4 man i see dep. res IvE
5he is the one that loves everyone
then i thought of this
"Well sweetheart when you grow up and marry a man with the last name of eggs then you will be Lyn Hamman-eggs.

Stephi_B 11-17-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 417586)
^did you eat too many eggs?

that too :D

plus it did tickle me from the inside as if there were many, many lil birds inside me :)

(and then in the Germanies we ask "Can it be that you have a bird?" and point a finger to the head, if we want to tell someone that (s)he may not have all cups on her/his cupboard - I think in the Englishes such ppl who have birds and missing cups rather have bats in the belfry - methinks, however, bats can tickle too)

Today I wanna announce that:
  • boss gave me a contract till Dec 31 :):):):)
  • biopsies do SUKK :mad::mad::mad: :mad:
    and they do hurt MORE and LONGER and CREEPIER than the needle with which one takes blood from the vene, yes it DOES (and the doctor and his two assistants LIED to me about these matters and I will never again let them near my neck with suck devices!!!!

lukkucairi 11-17-2009 01:11 PM

^ ow ow ow ow ow :(

Brynn 11-17-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJoRiSin (Post 417597)
"Well sweetheart when you grow up and marry a man with the last name of eggs then you will be Lyn Hamman-eggs.

And now, time for my announcement:

Odbe 11-19-2009 04:49 AM

I'd like to announce that while out and about I spotted a car with a numberplate that said YSA :)

lukkucairi 11-19-2009 10:10 AM

^ :D

brightpearl 11-19-2009 10:24 PM

I get to see my friend Jane tomorrow.

lukkucairi 11-21-2009 05:35 AM

I would like to announce that my husband came 3rd overall in the 5th Annual VFW Pinewood Derby.

he got a trophy and all :p

Marcus Bales 11-21-2009 10:31 AM

I would like to announce that I find it entirely charming to imagine all those retired tough guys using fifteen thousand dollars apiece worth of sophisticated tools to carefully craft a toy car for nothing more than the joy of chaffing other retired tough guys as one noses out the other at the end of a gravity ramp.

lukkucairi 11-21-2009 05:39 PM

I would like to announce the runner-up for Best In Show:

note that the cavewoman is not stalking Gumby - she's actually hunting the caterpillar in the center of the assemblage :)

brightpearl 11-21-2009 08:24 PM

my stomach hurts.
:(

lukkucairi 11-21-2009 11:20 PM

^ on behalf of zero, I advise you to give it a rub

Odbe 11-30-2009 03:23 AM

Off to have adventures, see you in a couple of weeks :D

Stephi_B 11-30-2009 01:15 PM

I'd like to announce a healing bussi on Perla's stomach & that I'm curious what Odbe's adventures will be :)

brightpearl 11-30-2009 04:54 PM

^Thanks. :)
It's getting better. Too much carboxylic acid, hahahaha.

Hyakujo's Fox 12-01-2009 10:53 AM

it's december already

YsaPur EsChomuw 12-05-2009 06:54 PM

Stephi_B 12-07-2009 03:08 PM

I quasi sure have a job :):):) (could have signed it right away last Fri, but I said: "gotta sleep about it" => go there again on the 15th)

However, it's, at least for the first time, on a freelancer basis (YES!! there is something like freelance teachers!! didn't know that until last Fri) so I'll either have to live with 980€/month (my rent is already 460!!) or figure me out a second and third job - plus I don't get paid during school vacations, national holidays etc => I need something fix till Easter.
But the headmaster has given me an option on that fix thing (still a time-contract, but as an employee which makes things WAY easier) with paid vacations and excused sickness later-on (I will point on that thing again next week before I sign and tell her my Easter ultimate ;)), plus she'd fight for me to properly enter the teacher thing (is quite complicated as a side-entry, there's another PhDed dude at this school, a physicist, trying since 1.5 years now to get into the proper teacher ways => it's totally crazy we are more than qualified - at least in the subject(s) we teach (AND in the motivation!! they look at me everyway with awe and wonder when I say I wanna be "a teacher" - I heard the word "overqualified" MUCH often recently) - and (proper) teachers in our subject(s) are quasi non-available (particularly in Berlin which cannot pay much and does not take teachers in priviledged state service status anymore), nevertheless the bureaucracy sets weird rules (no unlimited position in a school before you've passed the teacher "Referendar" procedure - but a finished teacher "Referendar" procedure to get an unlimited position in a school at all :mad:)

So I'll go for that and try to find maybe a few more hours - it is a 8x(2x45min)/week thing I quasi sure got - in a nearby school (there actually is one close to that who MAY need someone for chemistry, I learn about that this week. Plus I'll bartend o the weekend (:):) actually).

Yeah and then maybe some private extra-teaching thing (for kids whose parents have money) - but that is sorta difficult to get into => pinning notes on street lamp post kind of thing - and not a thing to survive the 6 weeks of summer vacation (and the twice 2 week vacations before that on Easter and Pentecost)

Anyway, I already met some of my maybe future students (from the higher grades which I'm mainly to teach) - also the school speaker - and they were so sweet: they wanted to have me as their teacher ("Do you want to have our class in physics?? Please!!!!!") right away ("What? Only in January.... But, OK, as long you come!! ....you really come to teach us? Really! Cool!!") and one of them actually asked "Can I take you home with me now to explain me everything?? I need all of those subjects you teach!!" :):) - mewants to teach them very very!!
Under this freelance job I won't have (a) regular subject(s) (say: chemistry and physics for the higher grades) but a "project" which basically means extra-teaching in chemistry, physics, maths, biology, informatics to fill the holes in the school's lesson schedule (they have an "emergency schedule" atm for the dramatic lack of teachers => they fill the school day - 8h-16h30 with lots of "empty hours" and "projects" to keep the kids inside the school for it's a rough neighbourhood (not that it's THAT save for them inside, the headmaster told me something about drug dealing, violence etc => one of the main reasons why she first wants to test me with this loose freelance thing, she told me of a young female teacher - for German and biology - studied in the proper school ways with superduper grades who (without any troubles as certain real scientists with PhDs.... - the headmaster, a nice young woman, who has her job there now only since 2 months either, thinks this system svcks) started her "Referendar" thing, but ran away (almost literally!) 3 weeks later and not even appeared again in person at this school to annul her contract, she did that by letter via the main administration.... Ya, well, that happens if they send 23, 24 y/o girls fresh from university and most definitely from a "good" neighbourhood or even from very-outside-of-the-Berlinies areas to the deepest Kreuzbergies :p
Me on the contrary I don't fear the deepest Kreuzbergies (or Neuköllns for that matter where I also sent my emails => nothing yet, maybe they still sit in awe and wonder over my application form ;D) and I even managed (after insisting) to have some not-so-nice behaving (according to the headmaster this be the middle grades - this is a "common highschool" not divided into the three strains of education - low level up to 9th grade, middle level up to 10th grade, high level up to 12/13th grade - we mainly have in the Germanies, so those who still have to and those who further want to attend school are mixed together - methinks this actually better - with the still-have-to's concentrated in the middle grades - were also puberty is generally hitting ppl the toughest xD) kiddies tell me the direction to the headmasters office - in a definitely unnice way (They "welcomed" my approach with "Oh, noooo!!!" and wtf looks before I even had asked anything) but they DID tell me in the end :P (the headmaster laughed her ass off upon my description and commented it with "that's sweet!", hihi)

Frieda 12-07-2009 04:12 PM

^:)

how about if you fill those extra hours till 16:30 with a science project where you teach them a bit more about stuff they care about.. like CO2 rockets and fizzing cola bottles and soldering radios/led light rc controlled bugs and other neat stuff?

Stephi_B 12-07-2009 09:55 PM

^this very morning I was thinking about the mentos+coke fountain and such matters :D (boron acid is neat too - you spill it on the lab table and light it => cool green flames wavering across the table but not burning the table)
Of course I have to give them help to become fit in the curriculum for exams, or guide them in projects, talk/report preparations/research for the official classes, but there may be some cool experiments or an excursion (to BESSY the electron synchrotron maybe - synchrotrons rock :))

Hyakujo's Fox 12-08-2009 12:24 AM

I'm having an affair with Tiger Woods. PM me $50 for details.

brightpearl 12-08-2009 01:14 AM

^Oh, you can't fool me into thinking you're shallow, hfoxy.
I know you love him for his mind.

Stephi_B 12-08-2009 11:19 AM

^^No more than 20€ Mr H Fox - unless there's some extraordinarily poetical dirtiness included in yours affairs - then you get 5€ extra ;)

I announce: Got a call this morning and now I have second job :) :) :) :) 10 schoolhours/week, regular chemistry and maths classes AND a FIX contract till at least summer (so I'll survive :) the school vacations with some brakeeping etc) and the clue - the schools are just like 2 blocks apart AND the (vice-)directors are matey-matey and so they'll coordinate the class schedules such that it fits for me ("it will be a task, but don't you worry, me and Mr ... [the vice-director of school#1] will figure it out, I'll see him this week" said the director of school#2 (also a woman like in school #1 - she sounds nice&cool on the phone => I got quasi-hired this time on the phone and I'm supposed to fill out all the paper work already ere the commission comes together)

So cool :) :) :) :)

lukkucairi 12-08-2009 11:54 AM

^ hooray!

:D

Stephi_B 12-08-2009 12:27 PM

^:D

& then I haven't announced yet that I bought myself a pair of duckie earrings! I was hopping down my street in the rain - on the way to the subway - when I noticed a) I hadnie put on any earrings and b) I was standing next to the lil designer shop with the funny-cool stuff made by two girls and c) that there are BRIGHT YELLOW RUBBER DUCKIE SHAPED PLASTIC EARRINGS in the display which are NEW! and I have to have! .... I even hopped up and down my street in the rain as I still had get myself money from the bank before I could have them - and now the plastic rubber duckies dangle on my ears and I know a PRATY where they'll perfectly fit the theme :D

Finally I'd like to announce: universe I LOVE you!! :)

zero 12-08-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B
... I was hopping down my street in the rain - on the way to the subway - when I noticed ... I hadnie put on any earrings ...

i HAT when that happens!!

and stephanie this recent spate of announcements of yours does give me a happy right in the face

YsaPur EsChomuw 12-08-2009 06:27 PM

Next year I'll send my Christmas cards in August. Beware!

:o

lukkucairi 12-08-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 418269)
Finally I'd like to announce: universe I LOVE you!! :)

I'd like to announce that I second this announcement :)

Brynn 12-09-2009 02:43 AM

I'd like to announce that my robot monkey metal mother with spikes for nips now has a beautiful fake fur covering that I am clinging to happily as I sip a watery sustenance from a tube. In other words, the tech rehearsal did not go as badly as it did the other night :)

lukkucairi 12-09-2009 11:09 AM

^ wow, Skinner really got to you! :eek:

nevertheless, congrats ;)

Marcus Bales 12-09-2009 12:40 PM

I stole "robot monkey metal mother with spikes for nips now has a beautiful fake fur covering" for a definition in TDG.

brightpearl 12-10-2009 12:43 PM

I would like to announce that I have had enough of genetics and organic chemistry to last me a lifetime.

I HAT finals.

Frieda 12-13-2009 12:49 PM

the tree is up!!

lukkucairi 12-13-2009 01:53 PM

^

brightpearl 12-14-2009 01:15 PM

The tiny little tree is up, but it only has one decoration on it...a reindeer my son made out of brown felt, pipecleaners, and a toilet paper tube.