ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Brynn 12-29-2007 06:12 PM

important message for funky

whoops, sorry funky, take your time :o

trisherina 12-29-2007 06:36 PM

uba: An invasive thread that has infected another.

Ubas were not even frowned upon before the appearance of armed thread control robots.

Brynn 12-29-2007 07:16 PM

uba - an specific type of message board apology that is in order when one has amused oneself in spite of causing discomfort and dismay to others, especially when the urge to click on a seemingly beguiling but ultimately disappointing URL is too overwhelming to resist. :)

kaskeens 12-29-2007 07:41 PM

UBA-the new cable network introduced by the producers of the fox network, the UBA network will feature nothing but misfit musicians with a bad lisp.

seebe 12-29-2007 07:47 PM

This is just a guess mind you.:D
former dictionary judge home alone vs. former judge with family around

T.I.P. 12-29-2007 07:50 PM

uba - Human mating call designed to sollicit the attention of an appealing member of the opposite sex, generally produced from inside a moving car travelling in the opposite direction of the intended recipient.

seebe 12-29-2007 07:52 PM

Uba - urban slang for uber drunk.

Brynn 12-29-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seebe (Post 372854)

Ouch!:p

UBA - acronym for "ultimate-binge-avoidance" a.k.a. being a pest on the board (usually cited when judge cuts herself off after two modest martinis eighteen hours ago in an effort to look on the bright side of being newly laid off and wracked with insomnia from weathering other solitary reflections on a truly grim, heartbreaking year, but thanks for being concerned, I'm sure that's how you meant it...:) )

Hyakujo's Fox 12-29-2007 08:51 PM

uba (n) delicate rice paper underwear commonly worn in the Japanese mountains up until the 1870s

Not even the great poet Jishii Hirogata, universally known as the "bard of the floating uba", could believe how stunningly impractical they were.

seebe 12-29-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 372868)
Ouch!:p

UBA - acronym for "ultimate-binge-avoidance" a.k.a. being a pest on the board (usually cited when judge cuts herself off after two modest martinis eighteen hours ago in an effort to look on the bright side of being newly laid off and wracked with insomnia from weathering other solitary reflections on a truly grim, heartbreaking year, but thanks for being concerned, I'm sure that's how you meant it...:) )

Of course, that's exactly how I meant it, I just couldn't find the right words until now. ;)

xfox 12-30-2007 12:21 AM

uba code for Abu.

He knew the advance might be noticed, Abu thought, so just changed his name to keep his identity a mystery.

Marcus Bales 12-30-2007 01:22 AM

uba - Japanese word for the runny in runny nose -- literal translation "nose shit".

Satsuki sniffled and instantly started searching in her backpack for a facemask so no one would see her uba.

Coffee 12-30-2007 01:32 PM

Uba n.

Formerly, a silk cloth used by a Samurai to wipe his sword after battle and/or prior to reinserting his Katana in it's sheath.

After washing his hands and while leaving a gratuity with the attendant, Kichiro commented that the new Uba tissue was much preferred over the former brand.

hypnoplasm 01-02-2008 02:34 AM

uba - the cheese that forms under a buddha's elongated earlobes; considered a delicacy by no one

funkytuba 01-02-2008 02:39 AM

judging tomorrow during work hours pacific coast US time