ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

xfox 01-19-2008 08:41 PM

cachexy sound heard at the Bunny Ranch upon making payment.

funkytuba 01-19-2008 11:51 PM

cachexy - of or describing a shaman who prefers curses that deal with excrement

Vinood was shocked to be followed everywhere, apparently at random, by dyssenteric horses, loose dogs, and runny cows and thought "This must certainly be the work of that cachexy Dirk the Disturber."

12"razormix 01-20-2008 06:38 PM

cachexy, n.

collection of dubious propositions duplicating original catch phrases stored elsewhere or collected earlier, where the original data is troublesome to access or to compute. in other words, a cachexy is a temporary storage area where frequently accessed drivel can be stored for rapid access.

hypnoplasm 01-21-2008 04:50 AM

cachexy, n. the name of a post-2008 depression financial services company providing loan guarantees with sexual services.

In the wake of the subprime lending crisis and subsequent evaporation of liquidity, firms, such as cachexy, that represented considerable sexual assets, sprang up to fill the gap left by bankrupt bond insurance and other lending guarantors.

Marcus Bales 01-21-2008 10:46 PM

cachexy - What the 12-year-old chess genius would inevitably say when putting your king in check. Which is why I ultimately had to forfeit a game to him, though there was the satisfaction of hearing that the operation to remove his queen after I had inserted it in his body with rather more force than was optimal took 7 hours and required three different kinds of surgeon.

Marcus Bales 01-24-2008 05:30 PM

cachexy - the state of mind that compels multiple posts on TDG.

Brynn 01-24-2008 05:46 PM

I feel your pain - judging right now...!

Brynn 01-24-2008 08:02 PM

It's a beautiful day to belatedly judge this round, begun at least seven agonizingly long days ago.

cachexy - noun - any general reduction in vitality and strength of body and mind resulting from a debilitating chronic disease - related words: cachexia, wasting, debility, feebleness, frailness, frailty, infirmity, valetudinarianism - the state of being weak in health or body (especially from old age)

Winner of The Marcus Bales Best Post as Commentary:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 374477)
cachexy - a term in grammar to describe pronouns such as he/she, him/her, and the like; also slang for characters such as "Pat" and "Kaskeens" who keep their gender a mystery.

Marcus lost the last round of TDG because of Kaskeens's cachexy.

Winner of The "Oops!" Award
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixie Cherries (Post 374485)
cachexy - When you catch your soon-to-be ex with someone you know.

Silvia returned from vacation one day early. She found her husband in bed with a familiar red head. Glenda, her boss mouthed the phrase, "You're fired." while she pleasured Sylvia's philandering spouse. Sylvia closed the door and set the security camera in the bedroom to live feed. As the company webmaster, she could quickly route the feed to the front page of the website. That afternoon she filed for divorce based on "cachexy".

Although an admirable entry about revenge served chilled, the red-headed judge is unaccountably miffed, perhaps because she is still reeling from the recent National Geographic article that states that redhead mutants will be extinct in less than 60 years. She feels that any breeding programsor pleas for aid made by her daughter's friends at her high schoolare more appropriate than vilification :D Even so, well done!

Winner of the "Someday We Really Should Have Lunch Award:
Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina (Post 374491)
cachexy: the source of an obvious need for self-disqualification.

Winner of the Betty Crocker Cooking Contest Fourth Runner-Up Award:
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaskeens (Post 374501)
cachexy- A new brand of cereal that not only includes the normal ingredients of corn and other grains, but includes cheese and anchovies, putting the CA in cachexy.

The Poor Barren Blanche Award and a sassy pair of rhinestone reading glasses goes to:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee (Post 374530)
cachexy.

A clinical repository for sperm that has been separated into male and female lots, the expectation being that said sperm will be chosen by couples in need of fertility assistance and who wish to choose the sex of their child...the chosen sperm lot then destined to be artificially implanted.


Upon arriving at the establishment Blanche misread the fancy script font used on the sign on the entry of Madge's Cachexy and, in a pique, took her chances at the regular bank down the street.

Winner of the Golden Whores D'oeuvre:
Quote:

Originally Posted by xfox (Post 374586)
cachexy sound heard at the Bunny Ranch upon making payment.

This one was very funny and wins the Silver Bowl of Poo and a year's supply of paper towels:
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkytuba (Post 374597)
cachexy - of or describing a shaman who prefers curses that deal with excrement

Vinood was shocked to be followed everywhere, apparently at random, by dyssenteric horses, loose dogs, and runny cows and thought "This must certainly be the work of that cachexy Dirk the Disturber."

"Dirk the Disturber" - snort!

Winner of the Wild and Crazy Guy Award for a def with sticking power:
Quote:

Originally Posted by seebe (Post 374521)
cachexy - is a word used to describe someone considered hot/sexy by people in Czechoslavakian chat rooms.
Equivalent to the old english version of va va va voom , except it’s not exclusive from males to females.

Special kudos for this entry for giving the judge (recently laid off due to the sub-prime mortgage crisis, along with her husband - most recently a loan officer) a great idea. Winner of the "That's Ingenious!" Award for encouraging desperate families everywhere:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnoplasm (Post 374646)
cachexy, n. the name of a post-2008 depression financial services company providing loan guarantees with sexual services.

In the wake of the subprime lending crisis and subsequent evaporation of liquidity, firms, such as cachexy, that represented considerable sexual assets, sprang up to fill the gap left by bankrupt bond insurance and other lending guarantors.

This one really stuck with the judge for days and wins the I Know Just What You Mean Award:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 374711)
cachexy - What the 12-year-old chess genius would inevitably say when putting your king in check. Which is why I ultimately had to forfeit a game to him, though there was the satisfaction of hearing that the operation to remove his queen after I had inserted it in his body with rather more force than was optimal took 7 hours and required three different kinds of surgeon.

In fact, it had a chance to win, but then he was hoisted by his own petard.....

Winner of The Marcus Bales Second-Best Post as Commentary Award
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 374881)
cachexy - the state of mind that compels multiple posts on TDG.

Marcus is really to be commended not just for his restraint, but also for what appears to be a discernible growth in wisdom and patience. Well done!

Not to be outdone, however, was miss mix, with my favorite entry of all.It wins
Coveted First Place Runner-Up Which Means You Don't Have To Judge Award:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12"razormix (Post 374637)
cachexy, n.

collection of dubious propositions duplicating original catch phrases stored elsewhere or collected earlier, where the original data is troublesome to access or to compute. in other words, a cachexy is a temporary storage area where frequently accessed drivel can be stored for rapid access.

The next entry included some really helpful variations on the word, as well as an elegant and compelling definition, making Stephi B THE WINNER:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 374503)
cachexy n.

deliberately controlled disconnection from reality, usually conducted over a longer period of time

cachexic adj.
to cachex v.


Your life really needs a healthy amount of cachexy now.

Indeed it does, it does indeed. Congratulations!

Pixie Cherries 01-25-2008 02:51 AM

I love this game.

Stephi_B 01-25-2008 12:47 PM

Wow :)
Must be beginners luck... :o



New word:
estifogal

Marcus Bales 01-25-2008 10:26 PM

estifogal -- An unrequested declaration.

Pixie's estifogal that she loved TDG was widely greeted by the sort of "Awww!" that accompanies photos of puppies and kittens.

seebe 01-26-2008 01:05 AM

estifogal - an estimation of allowable safe speeds mariners use when sailing in heavy fog based on how far their light beams penetrate into it.

The estifogal for 30 foot visibility is generally 5 knot.

Coffee 01-26-2008 03:03 PM

^^^Gross mis-reading of the maritime rules of the road.

Actual definition:

Estifogal: An estimation of allowable safe speeds mariners use when sailing in heavy fog based on how far their fog horns and radar penetrate into it.

International Navigational Rules Act of 1977 and the Inland Navigation Rules Act of 1980 are not specific, but a careful reading of Part B ( Steering and Sailing Rules), Rule 6 ( SAFE SPEED), Section 7 (Reduced Visibility Conditions) reveals that the basic tenet of estifogal estimation is that he with the loudest horn has right of way and can proceed at any speed radar visibility allows.


(BTW...this is NOT an entry, just a joke re: seebe's fine entry above)

trisherina 01-26-2008 07:23 PM

estifogal: A derisive German birdwatching term.

A collegial backpacking expedition in the Schwarzwald turned ugly when Maximilian labeled Helmut's careless misidentification of a common wood grouse as a three-toed woodpecker "an estifogal of grand proportions."

funkytuba 01-26-2008 09:15 PM

estifogal: a spanglish phrase confirming the gender of the subject as well as its file format


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.