ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   Et Cetera (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   quotation debate, part II (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=13246)

12"razormix 03-18-2010 12:56 PM

PEGGY: What the hell is wrong with you?

zero 03-18-2010 01:07 PM

HANK: My God, Peggy! I'm trying to contain an outbreak, and you're driving the monkeys to the airport!

12"razormix 03-18-2010 01:21 PM

we know perfectly well that things are not in two places at the same time in our everyday experience but this fundamental theory of physics says that they can be.

andrew cleland

zero 03-18-2010 04:08 PM

it is not down in any map; true places never are.

-herman melville

Hyakujo's Fox 03-19-2010 07:55 AM

The sweetest thing in all my life has been the longing - to reach the Mountain, to find the place where all the beauty came from - my country, the place where I ought to have been born. Do you think it all meant nothing, all the longing? The longing for home? For indeed it now feels not like going, but like going back.

- C.S. Lewis

MoJoRiSin 03-19-2010 09:39 AM

Vicki: [about Pepito] He's got charisma.
Madeline: [sarcastic, imitating] *He's got charisma.* You're all googly-eyed!
Vicki: I'm not googly-eyed!

Miss Clavel: [at the carnival] All right, girls, everyone stay with your partners and... let's have fun!

12"razormix 03-20-2010 12:01 PM

nunquam se minus otiosum esse quam cum otiosus; nec minus solum quam cum solus esset.

marcus tullius cicero

zero 03-20-2010 03:34 PM

MoJoRiSin 03-22-2010 11:00 AM

Lara: Wouldn't it have been lovely if we'd met before?
Zhivago: Before we did? Yes.
Lara: We'd have got married, had a house and children. If we'd had children, Yuri, would you like a boy or girl?
Zhivago: I think we may go mad if we think about all that.
Lara: I shall always think about it.

12"razormix 03-23-2010 05:27 AM

schopenhauer's wonderful piece on 'an apparent intention in the fate of the individual': how the continuities of a lifetime seem, in the end, to have been plotted out by a novelist - all the accidents, apparently uncoordinated as they first occur, concurring finally toward the shaping of an order.

joseph campbell

MoJoRiSin 03-23-2010 01:32 PM

order from chaos: a six-step plan for organizing yourself, your office, and your life (paperback)
~ Liz Davenport

just a silly aside mo just thought of ::
dav·en·port (dvn-pôrt, -prt)
n.
1. A large sofa, often convertible into a bed.
2. A small desk.
[From obsolete davenport, a small writing desk, probably from the name of the manufacturer.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

+

The girl's name Elizabeth \e-lizabe-

th, el(i)-za-beth\ is pronounced ee-LIZ-a-beth. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God's promise; God is my oath". Biblical: the mother of John the Baptist. Popular name since the 16th-century reign of Queen Elizabeth I of England. Actresses Elizabeth Ashley, Elizabeth Hurley, Elizabeth Montgomery, Elisabeth Shue, Elizabeth Taylor; politician Elizabeth Dole; suffragette Elizabeth Cady Stanton

=

veranda
:) :) :)

12"razormix 03-24-2010 08:26 AM

zero 03-24-2010 09:10 AM

uhhuh huh huh huh
don't push me 'cuz i'm close
to
the
edge
i'm try ing not to lose my head
uhhuh huh huh huh