ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   Et Cetera (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   quotation debate, part II (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=13246)

zero 02-02-2009 05:39 PM

come and trip it as ye go, on the light fantastic toe

- john milton

12"razormix 02-02-2009 05:44 PM

you asked for it!

zero 02-02-2009 06:04 PM

if you want it,
boys,
get it here, thing
cause hope,
boys,
is a cheap thing, cheap thing

-db

12"razormix 02-02-2009 06:05 PM

ooo let me have it

kate bush

zero 02-02-2009 06:17 PM

dramatic pause

Hyakujo's Fox 02-02-2009 08:00 PM

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

~ Carl Sagan

MoJoRiSin 02-02-2009 09:27 PM

Q: "Why did God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden?"
A: God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him. Adam and Eve were free to do anything they wanted, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
~see also Genesis 2:16-17,
see also W.P. >"other meanings"

Anna 02-02-2009 11:52 PM

I hung on that windy tree for nine nights wounded by my own spear.
I hung to that tree, and no one knows where it is rooted.
None gave me food. None gave me drink. Into the abyss I stared
until I spied the runes. I seized them up, and, howling, fell.

Stephi_B 02-03-2009 01:48 PM

We live with our archetypes, but can we live in them?

Poul Anderson

zero 02-03-2009 04:09 PM

i can’t stand architects! especially in florida! they have no CLUE down there. personally i’d rather have a person concerned about drainage. HELLO it rains in FL every day! it's important to know where the water is going to go!

- larry d @ someblog

Anna 02-03-2009 06:46 PM

ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, [angels sing] her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur [singing stops] That is why I am your king!

DENNIS: Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!

ARTHUR: Shut up! Will you shut up!

MoJoRiSin 02-04-2009 11:09 PM

The author of the Iliad is either Homer or, if not Homer, somebody else of the same name.
~Aldous Huxley

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.
~Marlene Dietrich

zero 02-06-2009 02:26 PM

Lady : Ok , This is a simple lie detector , I'll ask you a few yes or no questions , Do you understand ?
Homer Simpson : YES
[lie detector explodes]

12"razormix 02-06-2009 05:06 PM

growth is an erratic forward movement: two steps forward, one step back. remember that and be very gentle with yourself.

julia cameron

zero 02-06-2009 05:23 PM

donít rub gently; press the fvckker down hard and rub vigorously ... my scroll ball now works beautifully.

-aemon@somepcbloug