ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   where we leave messages for each other (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7615)

brightpearl 05-07-2008 12:42 PM

I can see you, auntie!
Maybe it's just updating slowly today?

Stephi_B 05-08-2008 07:17 AM

@Ysa: Köszi big time :) :)

@Perla: If you still feel sad and/or ARRRGH!!CAWOOM!! today I send you a virtual kiss on your belly :)
-- otherwise too :)

Veruki 05-08-2008 12:28 PM

It's been a while, but you're in my thoughts. This is for you:

say hi to the kitties for me!

12"razormix 05-08-2008 02:57 PM

ty!

zero 05-08-2008 04:39 PM

^
ME TOO!!:D

auntie aubrey 05-08-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 386251)
I can see you, auntie!
Maybe it's just updating slowly today?

i don't have many words today.

brightpearl 05-08-2008 09:47 PM

This would be better if you had written it.

Ewok Gospel Song

auntie aubrey 05-09-2008 12:21 AM

i can't remember which thread it was in, but you talked about how your foot injury left you feeling like your foot was disconnected from your body. you said sometimes it just got in the way, like it wasn't working in harmony with the rest of your body. i had a hard time truly understanding that at the time but i think i get it now. my stitches are out and my finger is technically "healed" but it's not the same as it was before. i can't bring myself to touch anything, as though i'm perpetually nine fingered. i'm no longer effective left-handed and i never developed my coordination enough to be right-handed. i'm neither-handed now. i'm klutzy with it, and it no longer obeys unconscious commands the way the other fingers do. more often than not it's just in the way, as though it doesn't belong to me anymore.

it's a minute version of what i'm sure you experience, but i thought of what you wrote yesterday when my doctor suggested physical therapy and i thought maybe i had a glimpse of what you feel.

Frieda 05-09-2008 06:19 AM

sounds like it auntie, such a weird feeling, isn't it?? you're going to teach your finger all those commands again in physical therapy. and teach your brain how to steer! they'll also help you get used to all the different sensations. like water running over it, or the touch of a feather, or what it feels like to pick up sand or gravel.

also, be prepared to receive the term "neglect", that's what doctors and physical therapists call this phenomenon. i think it's a denigrating word because it suggests you're doing it on purpose, and you're not, of course. it's just what happens when a limb hasn't functioned in a while. it gets disconnected.

Oliver Sacks describes his own experiences with it in his book "a leg to stand on" after he got his leg injured. reading his book helped me very much, because it helped me understand how i felt and what it did to me.

i hope you'll heal soon, auntie, even though the stitches are gone there's still a lot of healing to do! :)

*hugs*

oh and you can always PM me if you want to talk more!

Stephi_B 05-09-2008 07:17 AM

transmitting

-- 'specially for Auntie & Frieda

:)

~~~~~~~~

And something for CJ:
about how Campino (frontman of Die Toten Hosen) broke his foot after kicking a wheelie bin due to being enraged about Liverpool FC's defeat ;)

auntie aubrey 05-09-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 386400)
sounds like it auntie, such a weird feeling, isn't it?? you're going to teach your finger all those commands again in physical therapy. and teach your brain how to steer! they'll also help you get used to all the different sensations. like water running over it, or the touch of a feather, or what it feels like to pick up sand or gravel.

that's exactly what i'm in for. my first physical therapy is the 19th and the doctor told me to be prepared to run my hand through bowls of rice and marbles.

the worst was when i was trying to explain to him how i'm reluctant to touch anything and he picked up my hand and rubbed his thumb right across the face of the injury site. i nearly leaped out of my chair and i could feel a strange lingering.... i can't explain it.... shadow of the sensation for at least 10 or 15 minutes afterwards.

i might PM you after the first physical therapy to find out if your experience was similar to mine.

Frieda 05-09-2008 09:51 AM

ohhh your doctor did that?? my goodness, what a surprise attack! :eek: i know what you mean, i've felt these echos myself too. strange, isn't it? i've always found it very disturbing, but also fascinating at the same time.

good luck with your physical therapy, i'd love to hear how it went! :)

brightpearl 05-13-2008 05:51 PM

^all right, freids?
Haven't seen you round....

Frieda 05-13-2008 06:31 PM

who me?

i'm here, sometimes-- it's 30c here inside my apartment so i'm trying to limit the time the computer warms up this place even more :eek:

and i have a toothache that will last only 2 more weeks if i'm lucky and 5 if i'm not so i dont have much news to spill :)

YsaPur EsChomuw 05-14-2008 08:15 AM

May all the good vibes you'd sent out to ther people return to you now, multiplied. :) ;) :)