ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Odbe 04-22-2009 05:31 AM

one day...

:)

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-22-2009 08:19 AM

one day it'll all be over...

Stephi_B 04-22-2009 10:10 AM

One day is today, one day was yesterday, one day will be tomorrow.

One day is every day again.

:)

And then still I like nights more than days....

;)

Brynn 04-22-2009 03:03 PM

One day, a little boy came trotting down the lane, singing a song about his adorable new litter of puppies, which he carried in a big basket. Suddenly a big wind blew them all away forever. At home, the mother dog was sad. The end.

brightpearl 04-24-2009 03:03 AM

My friend T tells me that it is possible to make modeling clay out of dryer lint. I think all I do along these lines is use wooden clothespins for chip clips, and chopsticks to put my hair up.
qotd for Friday the 24:
Do you have any little everyday items that you recycle somehow, or use for some purpose other than their intended one?

Odbe 04-24-2009 03:44 AM

I can't think of any object I regularly recycle, but I like to make things. I made a paper towel dispenser out of a big twig and a piece of wire I found.
My ceramics teacher made clay-cutting wires with fishing line and the pull-rings from soft drink cans.
I have quite a mass of collected breath mint tins. Right now some are storing toothpicks, cotton buds and craft bits, but one day I will find the perfect use for them and use up the great big collection of them.

Stephi_B 04-24-2009 02:35 PM

Recycling we have to do: paper, glass, plastic, metal... though I am only really really consequent with paper. I have issues with recycling as I grew up with a recycling fanatic mother and step-sister - though it was usually me who had to wash the empty yoghurt cups etc (nowerdays the washing is obsolete), and sort in the PP, PE, PS and PET....

I too use wooden clothespins to close opened packs in the kitchen, further I use two turned around beerboxes with pillows on them as chairs for the kitchen table (which is actually a couch table) and two banana boxes for keeping 1) pots and pans and 2) durable food, spices (in a smaller box neatly arranged atop the big box) and other storage items.... yeah, my kitchen seems the place where I mostly use things for alternate purposes ;)

zero 04-24-2009 03:53 PM

i stopped buying contact lenses a while back - now instead i cut out wee circles of saran plastic wrap and press them on to my eyes

Stephi_B 04-24-2009 04:09 PM

^and do you see any strange things now? :D

Oh, and I forgot the silk scarf I bind back my curtain with, the curtain in the kitchen window, of course.

zero 04-24-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 409908)
... do you see any strange things now?

at first yes there were some aberrations at my peripherals but now i no longer get distracted from important deskwork matters because i use blinkers. well, when i say blinkers i mean two post-it notes, one stuck to each of my temples

Stephi_B 04-24-2009 05:14 PM

^Bless be unto the neon yellow post-it tree for giving us its sticky stripe bearing leaves :)

Hyakujo's Fox 04-24-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 409909)
i no longer get distracted from important deskwork matters because i use blinkers. well, when i say blinkers i mean two post-it notes, one stuck to each of my temples

good fellow, you're showing signs of being regional management material, keep it up.

12"razormix 04-25-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 409879)

Do you have any little everyday items that you recycle somehow, or use for some purpose other than their intended one?

^ #4913, 4915 and 4917 :)

MoJoRiSin 04-25-2009 04:05 PM

yes
twelve
inch
razormix
i agree
: )

lukkucairi 04-26-2009 02:21 AM

I use bamboo skewers for mixing epoxy, but we never eat kebabs

I use a cold spoon and a bowl of ice to set hot glue

I keep the elastic bands from bunches of broccoli and use them for keeping my rolls of hookup wire from unwinding

I saved a hook from an old shower curtain and hung it by the kitchen sink - it helps me to clean my camelbak bladder

I go through zero's trash and save old bottles to make a wind organ with