ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Your opinion please (actor types) (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=2127)

nycwriters 06-18-2003 03:11 AM

Your opinion please (actor types)

Frieda 06-18-2003 04:23 AM

that's not a headshot, that's a chest hair shot! don't do that, it's distracting. also, his face is not in focus and he's looking as if he's seeing a trail of ants carrying the sugar bowl away behind the camera..

tell him to act when you're taking a pic!

dickieC 06-18-2003 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frieda
that's not a headshot, that's a chest hair shot!
Uh-oh, don't get her started....

Frieda 06-18-2003 05:13 AM

lol dickie! let it be clear that i do not appreciate chest hair.

chuckie egg 06-18-2003 08:43 AM

You mistook (is that a word) Frieda for moi.

Chest hair = *grrrrrrowl*

Zyle 06-18-2003 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chuckie egg
Chest hair = *grrrrrrowl*
you are quite clearly insane, my dear chuck.

chuckie egg 06-18-2003 08:47 AM

what?!?! Its amazing!! I love to run my fingers through it. Wow.

*sits down*

dickieC 06-18-2003 09:31 AM

OK ladies, you're going to have to make your mind up. I'm never going to remember to put on or take off the chest wig for each individual one of you...

dinzdale 06-18-2003 09:38 AM

Well DC you could do the baldy whimp chest fanciers, and I'll look after the fur-lovers....

dickieC 06-18-2003 09:43 AM

Well, I'd have to have a waxing session first... Never really fancied the Chippendale look myself.

Red Princess 06-18-2003 11:47 AM

i want him to either button it up or take it off.

Red Princess 06-18-2003 01:25 PM

i have this problem with ripping shirts off....

chuckie egg 06-18-2003 02:05 PM

Black and white photos are GOOD!

Frieda 06-18-2003 04:36 PM

ok, some more advice here.. i'm burdened by photographer genes, so here goes.. i'm sorry if it hurts you in any way but here's my opinion..

the picture, despite the ants, doesn't have enough motion. it's not striking, it could be anyone on that pic. his face is not showing anything powerful.

to accomplish this: talk to him while you take pictures, talk about everything you can make up: something he hates, something he loves, his parents, stepping in dog shit, sex, eating marshmellows, everything! maybe you can make him recite something if that's easier for him. oh, and never ever stop taking pictures. out of every 40 pictures, 6 really good ones is a regular score.

and, please, no chest hair. (but that's personal :D)

now, if you're taking these pics with a digital camera, the camera will only focus the middle of the picture. the top and bottom third of the picture will be out of focus, especially because D's head is farther back than his body and has lower lighting. to avoid this, make him wear either a white or a black shirt. see for yourself what the difference is!

if you want the bottom of his face to be light, put a white towel or piece of cardboard in his lap to reflect the light. again, check the differences.

also, there's this crack in the wall that some might find distracting (personally i don't care, but some might).

post what you made! i'm curious! good luck! :)

masterofNone 06-18-2003 05:27 PM

*donning critic's hat*
head shots, in my limited acting experience, are generally just that... shots of just the head. (what say you lala?) so, while it's fantastic that your guy has chest hair, if it's for acting we shouldn't be seeing it. other than that the exposure and contrast range (even the focus) are perfectly acceptable for a headshot. if you focused on his face more the soft focus issues would be less of a problem. maybe the background could be further away and less distinct.

good work peg.