ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mo's Posts (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=16705)

MoJoRiSin 01-20-2012 01:06 AM

i have removed my entry over at the dictionary game
thread fyi please carry on
as you were

MoJoRiSin 01-23-2012 11:17 PM

i am waffling
my gut says the
correct answer is this ::

"Here we go round the mulberry bush"

MoJoRiSin 02-04-2012 06:04 PM

:D that's the funniest thing ever

MoJoRiSin 02-04-2012 08:54 PM

5 words ::

a single grain of rice

MoJoRiSin 02-07-2012 11:53 PM

it should read:
"the way to KNOW life is to love many things"
NOT "the way to love life is to love many things"
quite embarrassing actually ...

sorry for any confusion
ox Love, Mo

MoJoRiSin 02-15-2012 12:08 AM

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE
I Love youse guys
forever and always,
Mo
you know who you are

MoJoRiSin 02-19-2012 07:16 PM

hypothetical post two unrelated things thread ::

English
In English, usage of the ligature varies in different places. In modern typography, and where technological limitations make its use difficult (such as in use of typewriters), æ is often eschewed in favor of the digraph ae. This is often considered incorrect especially when rendering foreign words where æ is considered a letter (e.g. Æsir, Ærø) or brand names which make use of the ligature (e.g. Æon Flux, Encyclopædia Britannica). In the United States, the problem of the ligature is sidestepped in many cases by use of a simplified spelling with "e"; compare the common usage, medieval, with the traditional mediæval.

^copy and pasted from wikipedia.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Aesop Romance
Along with the scattered references in the ancient sources regarding the life and death of Aesop, there is a highly fictional biography now commonly called The Aesop Romance (also known as the Vita or The Life of Aesop or The Book of Xanthus the Philosopher and Aesop His Slave), "an anonymous work of Greek popular literature composed around the second century of our era....Like The Alexander Romance, The Aesop Romance became a folkbook, a work that belonged to no one, and the occasional writer felt free to modify as it might suit him."[12] Multiple, sometimes contradictory, versions of this work exist. The earliest known version "was probably composed in the 1st century AD", but the story "probably circulated in different versions for centuries before it was committed to writing";[13] "certain elements can be shown to originate in the 4th century BC."[14] Scholars long dismissed any historical or biographical validity in The Aesop Romance; widespread study of the work began only toward the end of the 20th century.

In The Aesop Romance, Aesop is a slave of Phrygian origin on the island of Samos, and extremely ugly. At first he lacks the power of speech, but after showing kindness to a priestess of Isis, is granted by the goddess not only speech but a gift for clever storytelling, which he uses alternately to assist and confound his master, Xanthus, embarrassing the philosopher in front of his students and even sleeping with his wife. After interpreting a portent for the people of Samos, Aesop is given his freedom and acts as an emissary between the Samians and King Croesus. Later he travels to the courts of (the imaginary) Lycurgus of Babylon and Nectanabo[disambiguation needed ] of Egypt in a section that appears to borrow heavily from the romance of Ahiqar.[15] The story ends with Aesop's journey to Delphi, where he angers the citizens by telling insulting fables, is sentenced to death and, after cursing the people of Delphi, throws himself from a cliff.
^copy and pasted from the smae source as above

MoJoRiSin 02-20-2012 11:29 PM

i am fairly boring
i have only really noticed one pattern
an even that i just woke up one day
went to my computer
and wrote it out
without really ever noticing
the pattern
>>>without really ever thinking either actually<<<
do you believe now?

xxxx xxx xxxx xxxxx xxx xxx x xxx

i made an error on day one which i corrected the next day
it was the second letter
for some reason my fingers had typed
baby

MoJoRiSin 02-23-2012 11:22 PM

DICTIONARY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Synonyms
1. clandestine, hidden, concealed, covert. 1, 2. private, confidential. 3. secretive. 6. occult, obscure, mysterious.

Antonyms
1. open, manifest.

therefore:

open secret is an oxymoron (qm)

MoJoRiSin 02-25-2012 07:16 PM

i just noticed in the reference
to Froggy went a courting
at wikipedia dot org
that it mentions Evelyn Wells
i remember she penned this::

"What to name the baby: (A treasury of names) 15,000 names to choose from"

THE COPY MY PARENTS HAD WAS PRINTED IN 1948
WE GOT IT LIKE WE DID ALMOST ALL THE BOOKS IN OUR HOME
FROM A "DEAD LOT" AS MY FATHER REFERRED TO THEM
he owned a moving and storage company in Tulsa Oklahoma and occasionally people would quit paying their
bill.....

MoJoRiSin 02-26-2012 12:40 PM

if the word foot was somehow
called "heel" in lieu of
then the English language would not make
sense
would it?

just asking....

MoJoRiSin 03-04-2012 07:28 PM

1. Sundays are perhaps practice for old age... (paraphrased)

2. All this I tell you because, when you listen to Devi Mahatmayam, you also will be, of course, confronted by many questions or by puzzlements which you will not be able to solve. You have to just quieten down your intellect and go beyond it, which, of course, you cannot do. But [Smiling] that's your worry! You have to gradually expand the consciousness.

^that is gabble by the way

MoJoRiSin 03-05-2012 10:13 PM

:)

MoJoRiSin 03-05-2012 11:42 PM

i just thought of this::
(concentration)

xxxx xxx xxxx xxxxx xxx xxx x xxx

2007-1956

MoJoRiSin 03-06-2012 11:37 AM

"ir's a dialogue not a monologue"

for better or worse

(sorry?)