ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Odbe 10-20-2007 06:23 AM

I think so, but the forgetting worked too well :o

craig johnston 10-20-2007 06:45 AM

if anyone answers no, they are dishonest.

T.I.P. 10-20-2007 07:10 AM

I have indeed hurt someone in the past. I doubt there is a single person who hasn't.

i'm more inclined to spend effort on forgiving myself and trying to understand why I did this or that instead of trying to forget. Some things you just can't forget, and the more you try not to think about them, the more you end up thinking about them.

Fundamentally, who "I" am is constantly changing. The person that I was when I harmed someone else is not the person that I am now. I know I am capable of forgiving other people - why not forgive myself ? This does not preclude taking responsibility for my acts - it just means gaining more understanding about why I acted that way, and then moving on, trying not to repeat the same mistakes.

12"razormix 10-20-2007 09:54 AM

no.

zero 10-20-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunty asmadasa
Have you ever hurt some-one then tried to forget about it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnston
if anyone answers no, they are dishonest.

stand clear everyone this question of the day ? is booby-trapped

12"razormix 10-20-2007 10:25 AM

what's that on your shirt?

zero 10-20-2007 10:39 AM

xomriz don't act daft - you know full well that i'm stripped to the waist as i normally am when i'm interacting with you

12"razormix 10-20-2007 10:43 AM

thank you for not posting pictures!

zero 10-20-2007 10:49 AM

you just said that to hurt me and then you'll forget it!!

12"razormix 10-20-2007 10:51 AM

TRY to forget it.

zero 10-20-2007 11:03 AM

true. the TRY bit's crucial in this question of the day ?

johnston didnie take note of that

Frieda 10-20-2007 11:41 AM

i've only tried to forget the times i got hurt.. especially the embarrassing moments..

but oh i've hurt plenty. forgiven, never forgotten :)

lukkucairi 10-20-2007 01:03 PM

hm - not very good at forgetting.

but yes. also possible that I hurt someone just being a jackass and didn't notice at the time.

Tunesmith 10-20-2007 11:45 PM

Yes, but I tend to hyperfocus on the couple of times when I've really hurt someone, so it's almost impossible to forget.

If anyone uses the words "Brandon Tansey" or "yellow kickball" or "playground woodchips", my mind zooms back to the time in 2nd grade where I got into a fight with my best friend and ended up punching him. :o

Hyakujo's Fox 10-21-2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.I.P. (Post 365593)
I have indeed hurt someone in the past. I doubt there is a single person who hasn't.

i'm more inclined to spend effort on forgiving myself and trying to understand why I did this or that instead of trying to forget. Some things you just can't forget, and the more you try not to think about them, the more you end up thinking about them.

Fundamentally, who "I" am is constantly changing. The person that I was when I harmed someone else is not the person that I am now. I know I am capable of forgiving other people - why not forgive myself ? This does not preclude taking responsibility for my acts - it just means gaining more understanding about why I acted that way, and then moving on, trying not to repeat the same mistakes.

then there's those reasonless childhood things (if there were reasons then, they are lost now) standing in the memory like great defiant stones from ancient times, ever pointing to something beyond any rationalisation.