ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

zero 10-23-2007 12:27 PM

^day in the life of a bot

T.I.P. 10-23-2007 12:59 PM

^ had to settle for arsebook because the turing tests were too difficult on myspace

zero 10-23-2007 01:04 PM

you nexus, huh? i design your arse...

T.I.P. 10-23-2007 01:06 PM

Stephi_B 10-24-2007 08:40 AM

New ¿question of the day? for 10/24/07

¿Are you right, left or both handed? Does any other body part of you behave sort of 'asymmetric'?

Me: right hander, though limited abilities with left hand (inserting & turning a key goes quite well for example), when I'm standing for a longer time, I tend to shift my weight on the right leg and the left fidgets about, otherwise no noticeable asymmetry

eta: shift on the left leg... just tested that... can't keep apart left and right at times... :o

zero 10-24-2007 09:32 AM

right-handed with left-eyed ness

trisherina 10-24-2007 09:42 AM

I sweep with a curling broom (not the modern brush they call a broom, a curling broom) left-handed. All other activities prefer to use my right side.

T.I.P. 10-24-2007 10:00 AM

i am right handed

Someone made me realize that even chewing is polarized (try it, you' ll find you prefer chewing more on one side more than on the other). i prefer the right hand teeth.

lukkucairi 10-24-2007 11:15 AM

naturally right-handed with ambidextrous tendencies.

incipient carpal-tunnel syndrome in right wrist has led to the development of ambimousetrousness and ambitrackpadness. i also use a tablet.

I chew on the left. use both sides pretty equally timewise, but for different things. right side has better fine motor control. left side has better stability.

auntie aubrey 10-24-2007 01:01 PM

i'm solidly left-handed. i chew on the left-side, too.

the only activity i can manage with my right hand is using a computer mouse. in fact it's this single instance of asymmetry that results in a total inability to use a tablet. let me see if i can explain...

when i'm using a mouse i have to use my right hand. which means the activity interface is hand-on-mouse-eyes-on-screen. when i'm writing i have to use my left hand which means the activity interface is hand-on-pen-eyes-on-contact-point-with-surface.

a tablet, however, means holding a pen and looking at the screen. i get an absurdly intense confusion between brain and motion when i try to hold a pen and look at a screen. i end up juggling the pen between hands and then eventually abandoning the effort altogether. this means i do even advanced and intricate photoshopping with mouse or touchpad. tablet collects dust.

auntie aubrey 10-24-2007 01:04 PM

oh yes, i just remembered another anomaly. i've never been able to draw or write with my right hand, even in a basic way. but if i'm talking to someone and i gesture to indicate the action of drawing or writing, i tend to mime the activity with my right hand.

the only way i've been able to explain it is that i'm surrounded by righties 99% of the time (although the spouse is also left-handed). so when i see someone write, and therefore create the association of activity with concept, i see it with a right hand. so when i use a gesture in a "universal language" sort of way to signify that activity, i default to my right hand.

otherwise everything is on the left.

Angry Kid Hoyt 10-24-2007 01:10 PM

I'm Right-handed.
But I grew up in a left-handed home.
I still have a problem using "normal" scissors

Stephi_B 10-24-2007 01:16 PM

^Hello Angry Kid Hoyt :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriCheri
Someone made me realize that even chewing is polarized (try it, you' ll find you prefer chewing more on one side more than on the other). i prefer the right hand teeth.

Yes, true, tried it on an apple: left side.

Angry Kid Hoyt 10-24-2007 01:21 PM

Howdy, Stephi_B :D

brightpearl 10-24-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie aubrey (Post 366030)
oh yes, i just remembered another anomaly. i've never been able to draw or write with my right hand, even in a basic way. but if i'm talking to someone and i gesture to indicate the action of drawing or writing, i tend to mime the activity with my right hand.

That is fascinating. I love brains.

I am a rightie in everything but politics.