ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

auntie aubrey 06-30-2008 02:37 PM

^ i'm hopeless with fabrics and i've done two sets of ikea drapes this way. it's easier than you think. just be careful, hang them first, mark the length you're looking for, pin, and only then cut and iron.

Frieda 06-30-2008 06:31 PM

^thanks, i made it! :) woo hoo!

well, with a little help from my mother. these curtains are enormous and i wasn't able to handle them on my own, i don't have a table or an ironing board that big.. so i went to her place.. it is quite easy indeed! measure, hold the fabric in place, pin, iron seam, iron with seam strip and cut off the rest! no fancy stitching stuff. and they look good too!

cool. 4 more to go... some other time ;)

LadyCrow 07-03-2008 11:01 PM

I got my third tattoo a week ago. It's based on the Sweeney Todd movie, & I think it came out pretty sweet. No, I don't have a pic readily available; it's on my cell phone, & I have no idea how to transfer it over to the web. But it's almost exactly like this (minus the red "velvet" bag):

trisherina 07-05-2008 12:20 PM

Gah, gah, gah. Another memorial service. :(

Odbe 07-06-2008 12:40 AM

^^I have a friend who is a rabid Sweeney Todd fan, I'd love to see your tattoo when you've got a picture so I can rave about it to my friend :)

Announcing:
I won't be around so much the next couple of weeks as I'll be hectic busy. I've got a week off and I'm trying to cram as much in as possible which is challenging but fun :) Then I'll be off to capital cities to be even busier and maybe funner.

brightpearl 07-06-2008 11:35 PM

^Ooohh, what're you doing? Not looking for arsinotherium toes if you're big city bound...

Come to Texas!
It's not all bad!!

Brynn 07-08-2008 12:17 AM

My mother may be moving to Salina.

Odbe 07-08-2008 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 391408)
^Ooohh, what're you doing? Not looking for arsinotherium toes if you're big city bound...

Come to Texas!
It's not all bad!!

Capital cities of the states of Australia, I meant, not capitals of the world :cool: If only...

I will be keeping a sharp eye out for all sorts of toe-knucklebones, you never know where continental drift may have taken them. I'll be in Canberra and Sydney.
I love going to cities and scavenging for bits and pieces of art and craft things, like wire and shiny stones. It got to the point where a city friend of mine started saying 'No diving!' every time we walked past a dumpster ;)

That's going to be part of the trip, catching up with friends and other people's rubbish, then the last four days of it will be an art school workshop sort of thing which I am very excited about getting into :D It's specifically 'drawing' (as opposed to painting or photography) to improve technical skills and I'm told it's very full on and there will be lots of important artists and art teachers.

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-08-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odbe (Post 391621)
the last four days of it will be an art school workshop sort of thing which I am very excited about getting into :D It's specifically 'drawing' (as opposed to painting or photography) to improve technical skills and I'm told it's very full on and there will be lots of important artists and art teachers.

:) That's really great! I hope you'll enjoy the course to the fullest. I liked your okapi book cover very much. :)

Odbe 07-09-2008 12:16 AM

Thankyou :) I rather think it's my best okapi, albeit my first.

T.I.P. 07-09-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odbe (Post 391621)
That's going to be part of the trip, catching up with friends and other people's rubbish, then the last four days of it will be an art school workshop sort of thing which I am very excited about getting into :D It's specifically 'drawing' (as opposed to painting or photography) to improve technical skills and I'm told it's very full on and there will be lots of important artists and art teachers.

One day when you are a star in the art world you will think fondly of those dumpster dives.

Perhaps you will also think fondly of your finest paintings hotlinked in the museum of the image association thread, unto eternity.

Klynne 07-09-2008 12:45 AM

Hi ,

I am going to be an aunt again!

lukkucairi 07-09-2008 01:00 AM

^ congratulations!

:D

Jaime 07-09-2008 03:03 AM

I have not been around because I'd been in clown school.

Think Laurel and Hardy, not Bozo.

Please.

Frieda 07-09-2008 04:05 AM

^ pics! PICS!