ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

YsaPur EsChomuw 08-08-2009 05:42 PM

Marcus Bales 08-09-2009 09:19 AM

How did you meet your current life partner or paramour?

zero 08-09-2009 10:10 AM

paramour my arse!

xfox 08-09-2009 01:00 PM

It was a sign.

MoJoRiSin 08-09-2009 05:39 PM

i met my husband on a trip to maui
that i never would have taken save
for the gulf war caused the japaese
goverment to advise its citizens
to cancel there vacations to
Hawaii at that point
more than likely the hotels
subsidized the airlines ??
not sure how that works
but the flight on United Airlines
was only 300. round trip from
Boston. I did not tell anyone but my friend
Karen that (I lived in my guru's ashram)
but my aformentioned fried Karen
had a child and I went to help her for
a couple of weeks
however her baby was perfect and slept through
the night on day one so after a week
i stood by on a flight blah blah blah
come to find out my guru
was with his entourage in Las Vegas !!
can you believe that? mo was uninvited!!
my husband is a woodsman and more recently
and inventor of handy tools.
His name is Thane and he is 12 years younger
than me.
I asked him if he had a quarter so i could use the payphone
the rest
is history.

Frieda 08-09-2009 05:56 PM

we were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. i remember saying something like: "i feel a bit lightheaded, maybe you should drive."

YsaPur EsChomuw 08-09-2009 06:30 PM

We were camping with friends. It was hot and stuffy in the tent where we were sleeping, so I climbed up a tree and was looking at the stars when I heard some people having an argument. I couldn't see them because of the dark and they couldn't see me. I liked the way he made his point. Anyway, I only met him about two years later and I recognised him by his voice and the way he spoke.

Brynn 08-09-2009 10:56 PM

I was done with dating, and went to a Halloween party alone and bitter, wearing a Medusa mask. I found myself trapped in a really tedious conversation with a nice but extremely self-involved man who came as a dalmation (complete with full fireman's regalia and full white-face make-up with black spots). It was the third year in a row he'd dressed up as a dalmation, he was telling me, just before going into a blow-by-blow account of the high school Shakespeare play he'd just directed. I could not really even tell what he actually looked like under all that make-up.
From across the room, my future husband (a pirate, but not a very convincing one - plaid shirt, eye patch) was rolling his eye in sympathy for me and laughing as I tried to look interested. The man was his boss, and he knew exactly how boring he could be. So he finally walked up and busted up the conversation. I was grateful. We met on Halloween, were engaged by Thanksgiving, met the parents by Christmas, moved in together on New Year's, and were married on D-Day. Didn't plan it that way - it just happened. Oh, and a day after we got back from our honeymoon, the writer's strike meant lots of layoffs at the studios, so my husband's boss (the dalmation) laid him off in the first round, so we started things out right - unemployed and happy.

Marcus Bales 08-10-2009 07:20 AM

A Break in the Crowd

At first only a flash across the room,
I drifted group to group til I could see
The jeweled attacking hawk between her breasts.
You know, I’m sure, the way most women to whom
You’re talking think it isn’t cool to be
Looked at except in the eyes, or else it suggests
The malest things about the way you think.
Not this one. She held her bare shoulders back
Like handles, and slowly looked down, so chic
And bold in her little black dress that, link by link,
The silver chain led my stare to the black
Wings, the diamond eyes, the golden beak,
Down to where the sharp talons pressed
Lightly into her skin as she took a deep
Breath then quickly looked up and damn it caught
Me wishing I were jewelry. My aging chest
Strained out, my paunchy stomach in: a leap
Of maybes giggled through me. Then I got
A glimpse in a mirror through a break in the crowd
Of a flabby balding fellow in front of her.
I thought, “Some couples shouldn’t be allowed.”
Before I moved, and realized who they were.

brightpearl 08-10-2009 09:20 AM

If I answer this, it'll ruin my lemon-faced reputation.

Oh, all right, though I feel this should be in the confessions thread...
but I refuse to use the word "boyfriend." And "paramour" doesn't fit the bill either, too stuffy.

We met in prison. He's a lion tamer.

Okay, okay, that's not *exactly* true, but it's less embarrassing than the real answer.
:D
I won't say how we first, first met, but it didn't result in much knowing anyway.
He does what my son wants to do when he grows up, and so I first really knew him when I wrote asking if someone in his place of work could give my boy a tour, and he volunteered. I know what you're thinking, but it turned out that he already does that sort of thing all the time for the elementary schools, for free and no promise of dates, so I think it was actually altruistic. It was really fun, and so we were friends for a while, and when the terror wore off we started dating early this year.

I still endure waves, absolutely tsunamis, of terror, but so far I have waded through that enough not to screw the thing up, and I must admit that up to this point it is, as he says, "absurdly good."
And most importantly, my son really, really likes him.

There, I said it.
:eek:

:o

brightpearl 08-10-2009 09:44 AM

Stephi_B 08-10-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 414207)
paramour my arse!

:D

Peregrine 08-10-2009 02:53 PM

Final exams. Mid-December. I keep my regular schedule, even though classes are out, so that I can study. Holed up in the library for hours at a time, emerging only for food.

I meet with a group of friends for lunch, a couple of them studying for a Latin test, with one of their classmates I'd never met before. I say something, I don't remember what, and she looks up at me "You watch Lexx, don't you? I can tell!"

Lexx was a short lived Canadian sci-fi show, only ran about 4 seasons, and at the time, I had seen literally the first movie, and one episode just that previous weekend. Somehow she managed to pick that out, after only hearing me speak one sentence.

I didn't think much of it at the time. For one thing, we'd only just met. And I noticed the overlapping Venus symbols she wore as earrings, and assumed she was a lesbian, so I figured I wasn't her type anyway.

But she started hanging out with our group over the next few months, and it turned out that she wasn't a lesbian, she's bisexual. ...It's complicated. We started dating, and have been together ever since, just over 9 years now.

lukkucairi 08-10-2009 11:03 PM

he saved my life, and now I'm saving his

Jack Flanders 08-11-2009 12:20 AM

He saw me walking across the park plaza and asked his boss, "Who is that over there looking pissed-off?" My girlfriend answered, "Oh, that's who we're having lunch with. I want you to meet her. Trust me, you'll like!!" He did and I did. 25 yrs. later still do!! :)