ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   dresden dolls at galapgos(sp.?) in brooklyn, ny (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=1927)

nanees 05-20-2003 05:02 PM

dresden dolls at galapgos(sp.?) in brooklyn, ny

this is my second time trying to post a thread, i think i failed on the first attempt.

Just wanted to let people know, for those in the NYC area, i went to see a two person band last night called "dresden dolls".
they will be playing in brooklyn this evening. i didn't know much about them but tagged along with a friend that had seen them before. it's a girl on piano and sings beautifully as well... (tori amos type of a voice but more powerful in my opinion)... and a guy on the drums. the music and the performance from both seemed more filled with energy than some 4 or 5 piece bands i've seen play. good chemistry between the two and great dynamics.
at 6 bucks for admission, it's definitely worth checking out...
i think www.dresdendolls.com is their website

priceyfatprude 05-20-2003 05:55 PM

Alright, I'll bite. What else do you bring to the table?

nanees 05-20-2003 08:54 PM

it's not the first time, but I guess i'm lost ... "what else do i bring to the table..." i'm pretty much out in left field on that one... sorry... explain... but if you bit you might be at the show already....

AllegroNg 05-20-2003 09:39 PM

Just be as odd (we like to call it "normal") as humanly possible. oh, and say ***** and weeniegh a lot.

nanees 05-20-2003 09:52 PM

ok now i get it...

you mean take a dip in the googa shmeg
well all you had to say was goonga loongaa
make sure to say it 3 times out loud so that a person 20 feet away would easily be able to make out what you're saying...

priceyfatprude 05-20-2003 10:53 PM

Sadly, I don't live in NYC, because it sounds like a good show.

Are you sticking around to post, or was that it? is what I meant by my first post. Are you going to post in other threads, work on stories, stay around to play w/us? That is what I wanted to know.

nanees 05-21-2003 10:50 AM

Yeah that announcement I posted was pretty much it. I wonder if anyone went to the show.
I mentioned that it was my second posting because I don't think my first attempt at posting worked.

I'm a big fan of ze's site and don't know what I would do without my daily one or two games of memory or several of simple game 2 and I also enjoy reading a good entry in the daily diary once in a while.

If anyone went to the show, i'd like to hear what you thought.

priceyfatprude 05-21-2003 02:28 PM

Well that's too bad. We don't bite....hard.

agentsmith 05-22-2003 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by priceyfatprude
Sadly, I don't live in NYC, because it sounds like a good show.

i concur.