ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Brynn 09-18-2005 01:26 AM

Sir, you're a gentleman - and a gallant one at that, I might add.
Many thanks.

rhipidate

Hermione 09-18-2005 04:56 AM

rhipidate

To rip the penis off a man in a fit of rage.

Hyakujo's Fox 09-18-2005 10:35 AM

rhipidate

(v) to make frog-like noises

Olivia was more than a little surprised when Warren first revealed his tendency to rhipidate at the point of orgasm.

daverbee 09-19-2005 11:34 AM

rhipidate

n.
Being overly blessed in the nose department.

eg.:
Thanks to his rhipidate condition, Larry was able to find work as a Jimmy Durante impersonator. Sadly, nobody knew who Jimmy Durante was by then so he left show biz, moved to Austin, and is now working as a street sign.

xfox 09-19-2005 01:01 PM

rhipidate what bears do before they hibernate.

In search of dessert before the long winter's nap, Smokey and his family rhipidated through the neighborhood for the best, last morstles.

Hiccup 09-19-2005 07:36 PM

rhipidate (v.) - New expiration dating system for supermarket produce.

trisherina 09-19-2005 09:01 PM

rhipidate: (v.) After a discreet interval during which the speaker hopes an unmannerly comment is forgotten or unheard, to turn back and rebuke in a disarmingly genteel manner.

When the obstetrician's wife remarked that she hoped their son would not return from med school in Grenada married to "some black woman," Mrs. Sandhu counted to ten slowly before rhipidating her: "It will indeed be difficult to find someone to treat a boy raised by bigots with love and tenderness."

(adapted from a true story)

madasacutsnake 09-20-2005 12:13 AM

rhipidate (n) a really bad date.

I once had a rhipidate where the fellow brought me some dollar store chocolate. This I could live with until he started tweaking his nipple at dinner and I felt obliged to run screaming from the restaurant. As I left I noticed he had the other one out and was tweaking that too.

(not adapted from a true story)

Marcus Bales 09-20-2005 12:57 AM

rhipidate - the date the second hurricane hits.

Sapphire 09-20-2005 06:16 AM

rhipidate (n) An exotic hybrid of the DNA from rhinoceros, hippopotomi and dates. Said to be a great delicacy, only one man is known of who has ever consumed a rhipidate. Sadly, he passed away the following day from severe gastrointestinal distress. As a result, common vernacular has come to replace the word 'stick' with 'rhipidate' when used to indicate an rigid, uncompromising individual.

Common use: "My, he certainly has a rhipidate up his..."

dddrum 09-20-2005 04:19 PM

rhipidate (v) - to hum tunelessly in a deliberate attempt to infuriate one's chess partner.

dinzdale 09-20-2005 04:55 PM

rhipidate v.

To emit a cocophonous fart at the wrong time, e.g during a knighthood ceremony.
Rhipidation sounds like a small motorcycle passing, but not enough to be confused with one.

dddrum 09-20-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinzdale
rhipidate v.

Rhipidation sounds like a small motorcycle passing, but not enough to be confused with one.

And if you've ever passed a small motorcycle, you know how rhipidatious that can be. :eek:

Brynn 09-20-2005 10:53 PM

Judging soon, but not right this second - I have to go buy some f***ing ficus trees for my boss.

Brynn 09-22-2005 08:55 AM

Hmm...interesting - I posted an answer from work, but it's not showing up here at home.
If there's a double posting , please forgive. Forgot what I wrote already. Oh well.

What a lot of great definitions -

The Extremely Silly But Remotely Possible in A World of Infinite Possibilities Award goes to Sapphire's imaginative take:
rhipidate (n) An exotic hybrid of the DNA from rhinoceros, hippopotomi and dates. Said to be a great delicacy, only one man is known of who has ever consumed a rhipidate. Sadly, he passed away the following day from severe gastrointestinal distress. As a result, common vernacular has come to replace the word 'stick' with 'rhipidate' when used to indicate an rigid, uncompromising individual.Common use: "My, he certainly has a rhipidate up his..."

Most Comically Distasteful Misspelling of the Word 'Cacophonous' Award goes to Dinzdale for
rrhipidate v.

Blind Date All-Stars Award to
Madasacutsnake for
rhipidate (n) a really bad date.
I once had a rhipidate where the fellow brought me some dollar store chocolate. This I could live with until he started tweaking his nipple at dinner and I felt obliged to run screaming from the restaurant. As I left I noticed he had the other one out and was tweaking that too.
(not adapted from a true story)

Perhaps she and surbhi can dish later as surbhi collects her
Lorena Bobbit Award for
rhipidate
To rip the penis off a man in a fit of rage.

dddrum walks away with the I'll Bet You've Actually Done This and If You Don't Stop Right Now I'll Hit Your Whole Family Award :D for this amusing one:
rhipidate (v) - to hum tunelessly in a deliberate attempt to infuriate one's chess partner.

Welcome aboard Hiccup! You win the Almost Catchy Enough To Patent It Award for rhipidate (v.) - New expiration dating system for supermarket produce.

A Moment Of Silence Award for Marcus and his prophetic
rhipidate - the date the second hurricane hits.

As if all these weren't enough to really make judging difficult, the following ZeMonkeys' definitions were especially picturesque/apt/convincing.

The That Bear Was Just in Here A Minute Ago Award to XFox for deftly conjuring up a snorting, rapaciously hungry wild thing with
rhipidate what bears do before they hibernate.
In search of dessert before the long winter's nap, Smokey and his family rhipidated through the neighborhood for the best, last morstles.

The Welcome To My Undistinguished Career As A Diane Keaton Lookalike Award goes to daverbee for making me nod sympathetically at
rhipidate n.
Being overly blessed in the nose department.
eg.:
Thanks to his rhipidate condition, Larry was able to find work as a Jimmy Durante impersonator. Sadly, nobody knew who Jimmy Durante was by then so he left show biz, moved to Austin, and is now working as a street sign.

Hyakujo's Fox made me laugh out loud with
rhipidate
(v) to make frog-like noises

Olivia was more than a little surprised when Warren first revealed his tendency to rhipidate at the point of orgasm.
In my opinion, this is the perfect definition and wins the Coveted First Runner-Up Award. Congratulations!

The actual definition of rhipidate is (adj.) "fan-shaped" but
Trisherina's is better. You always put your finger right on situations that need naming, and you've done it again with
rhipidate: (v.) After a discreet interval during which the speaker hopes an unmannerly comment is forgotten or unheard, to turn back and rebuke in a disarmingly genteel manner.
When the obstetrician's wife remarked that she hoped their son would not return from med school in Grenada married to "some black woman," Mrs. Sandhu counted to ten slowly before rhipidating her: "It will indeed be difficult to find someone to treat a boy raised by bigots with love and tenderness."

(adapted from a true story)
You are declared The Winner of this round.