ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

xfox 03-25-2006 03:29 PM

bombazine the funny noises only boys can make to impress or frighten girls with their renditions of exploding bombs.

Hal amazed Ruthie with one bombazine after another well into the afternoon, before she went off to find her dolls and dishes.

trisherina 03-26-2006 02:04 AM

As promised, it's Saturday night MST, though it's not all that late. I'm just that type of girl, I guess -- whimsical. So here's the real definition for the one or two Dictionary Gamers who care:

bombasine, bombazine twilled, black, worsted, worsted-with-silk or worsted-with- cotton dress material. bombazet(te), n. thin smooth-surfaced worsted fabric.

Let's get Mr. Bales out of the way right off (I hear he likes that): Only 100 cm base but the weather's glorious; I tend to ignore everyone who's not directly in my way but I promise to keep an eye out for Paul Martin; dry martinis; and well, maybe I'll sneak down to the steam room for a quickie. That'll have to do.

LeahDear gets the Definitely Dictionary Game Material Award for:
A glossy, monthly publication, which is distributed worldwide to all terrorist organisations and contains images of bombs & landmines dating from over the ages. It is the terrorist manís wank mag and equivalent to big Ďní bouncy or playboy.
(People wanking over landmines?)

divisionbiscuit takes the Admirably Concise Award for:
Bathroom reading material.
(I'll just be concise about it.)

HFox wins the You Really Pulled it Off Award for:
(n) An ornamental calico folding camp vase popular amongst the more well perfumed officers during the Boer War. For newly appointed officers it came to be regarded as quite the status symbol and would be proudly given centre place on the officer's travelling mantle. Eventually 'the bombazine' came to refer to anything that stood out from in terms of quality from its surroundings. A reflection of this usage can still be found in the modern phrase 'da bomb'.
(A moment of silence, please.)

Master_Jedi totes home the Please Don't Award for:
the brand of homemade bomb materials used in the columbine incident
(Really. Don't. It's Spring Break.)

kaskeens scores the Do You Watch A Lot of Televised Sports? Trophy with:
a type of antibacterial agent used to treat only the worst cases of infection, known primarily from its great tv ads featuring John Madden with his family sized tube of bombazine treating a quite extrordinary rash on his frontal lobe.
(TSN's hockey tonight: The U of A vs. McGill, a downright button-popper.)

xfox tears off the A Tomboy Lives Here Award with:
the funny noises only boys can make to impress or frighten girls with their renditions of exploding bombs.
Hal amazed Ruthie with one bombazine after another well into the afternoon, before she went off to find her dolls and dishes.
(Kaboom?)

Coffee's definition whisks off the Sweeping Generalizations Award with the undeniably interesting:
n. (Classified, DOD file HS-48396z)

Top secret anti-terrorist drug in clinical trials at underground laboratories in the US heartland. Intended to be released in gaseous form over terrorist hot spots, deployment has been delayed by alarming side effects.
Test subjects transfered from Abu Ghraib have so far demonstrated succesfully that the compound can indeed reduce the impulse to terrorism, and initially encouragingly, they also lost belief in their muslim faith. However leaks in several test chamber incidents have caused several researchers also to display tendencies to develop skepticism about, or to lose their religious faith altogether. Some have even tried to quit the project, suddenly coming to believe that it is immoral, although they are held in isolation to prevent disclosure about the project. Interestingly all subjects afflicted by the gas are also showing signs of increased brain function, especially in the area of reasoning skills.
Administration scientists are desperately trying to save the project by eliminating these dangerous side effects, but so far they are finding that the link between religious and terrorist impulses are too closely linked to select for one or the other.
(If irrationality were always dangerous, how would people ever fall in love?)

This leaves funkytuba to rest on the laurels of the Who Doesn't Love the Tick? Award, for:
the tranquilizer they give to The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight now that he's in prison
(I reproduced your link. Get comfortable on those laurels, now.)

Finally, (finally!) we can give all the work for the next one, along with the Not Medium Well, But Well Done Award to Emotional Velcro for:
(n) a fireproof room on a warship where ammunition is stored.
(Stick a fork in this one; I'm outta here.)

EmotionalVelcro 03-26-2006 07:24 AM

You've got to be kidding me...

Ok, the next word is: subreption

daverbee 03-26-2006 11:22 PM

subreption

An ingrown pimple.

When a subreption is popped it tends to send the pus down under the skin causing all sorts of ooey, gooey infections and stuff, so don't.

xfox 03-27-2006 12:50 AM

subreption - not showing up for work.

Martha was excused by her boss for today's subreption, as she is judged on her average, and there's no subreptionism in her history.

12"razormix 03-27-2006 05:53 AM

subreption, n.

[from Latin sub: under; repere: to crawl]
medical term for fellatio performed under a restaurant table

divisionbiscuit 03-27-2006 07:00 AM

subreption n [u] The act of getting close second place in a test only because of mispelling errors while cheating. If not for Harry's subreptive habits, he could have tied with his desk partner at first place for the class geography test. Origin: Bartholemew H. Subrept, 1922-1980, absent-minded lecturer at Northingham University

LeahDear 03-27-2006 07:00 AM

subreption n

An almost crippling injury of the groinal muscles caused by exerting oneself during sex. It seems to only afflict men and is mostly caused when having sex in the spooning position.

Master_Jedi 03-27-2006 11:49 PM

subreption- the act of fuc*ing your substitute teacher

funkytuba 03-28-2006 03:20 AM

subreption performing fewer exercises than is prescribed by one's physical therapist, usually found as a column on a session notes sheet

Corporal Dinzdale did only 4 of his 15 squat thrusts while recovering from his groin injury. The subreption was duly noted by the nurse and a proper spanking was applied afterwards.

Marcus Bales 03-28-2006 08:55 AM

subreption - sexually-engendered spanking, from L. sub, under, and repere, punishment.

Corporal Dinzdale did 5 extra squat thrusts after recovering from his groin injury, and the nurse rewarded him by subreption.

dinzdale 03-28-2006 11:51 AM

subreption n.

Like subliminal advertising, subreption is the practice of craftily inserting phrases or words that the listener subliminally processes, in this case those that cause sexual arousal.

After reading the Dictionary Game and the complex definitions of the latest words, Corporal Dinzdale had the irrestistable urge to be spanked by a nurse, though he had no idea why. He had of course been under subreption.

Coffee 03-28-2006 04:43 PM

subreption n.

1. A measure of negative reputation. 2. degree of disrepute 3. attempting to cause disrepute subrept v. 4. becoming despised

Dinzdale's Mum, being unfamiliar with many of the characters on Zeboard, or the great variety of levels of entertainment enjoyed there, worried, quite unneccesarily, that her lad's constant sexual innuendos would cause him subreption on the public message board.

Madmack 03-28-2006 05:32 PM

subreption, n.

1)The rapid onset of the male physiological manifestation of lust;
a) [from the spanish - sobre: on ; p'tion: slang form of 'passion' ]
b) [from sub: below ; reption: short form of 'eruption' ]

While locked in the tight grip of a tango, both Juan and Ana were suddenly and acutly aware of Juan's subreption.

EmotionalVelcro 03-29-2006 07:49 AM

Time's up.

Now, I will practice a variation of xfox's definition by judging your work while at work.

Good luck to you all.