ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

zero 11-02-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12"razormix (Post 367167)

no prizes for guessing what this is skan for

Angry Kid Hoyt 11-02-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 367169)
no prizes for guessing what this is skan for

义 (Yi) : Literally translates to Righteousness. But used as a symbolic references it can also represent Justice.

I think...

zero 11-02-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry Kid Hoyt
义 (Yi) : Literally translates to Righteousness. But used as a symbolic references it can also represent Justice.

I think...

^that'll never all fit on your forehead unless you use a tiny font and then folk'll keep coming way too close to you so that they can read it

lukkucairi 11-02-2007 02:04 PM

OK, maybe not...

Angry Kid Hoyt 11-02-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 367173)
^that'll never all fit on your forehead unless you use a tiny font and then folk'll keep coming way too close to you so that they can read it

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Not for me . . . was aswering. . .oh nevermind.
I'm not deep enough to have something that complex.

zero 11-02-2007 02:32 PM

neither is razomrix - her means "tattoo my arse"

T.I.P. 11-02-2007 02:55 PM

"yes my forehead is large as a matter of fact look how much writing i can put on there it is quite remarkable if benjamin franklin were here he might even consider writing a few lines of his own like a cool theorem or a haiku about france or even martha washington's recipe for cheesecake wouldn't that be nice but then i would probably have to write it all mirror style so's i could read it when i was in front of my oven slaving over a hot stove making cheesecake for my entire apartment complex even though they are a thankless lot and never close the door to the courtyard so the pigeons come in and spread their feces all over the inside steps"

brightpearl 11-02-2007 02:58 PM

"A watched pot never boils."

brightpearl 11-02-2007 03:27 PM

no, wait...

"It's the only way our mom could tell us apart."

Or

"I thought I said no mustard."

No no
I've got it:
"You should see what's tatooed on my arse."

madasacutsnake 11-02-2007 06:25 PM

Please don't talk.

Odbe 11-02-2007 07:23 PM

It's tomorrow. Next question:

"Is this a yes or no question?"

auntie aubrey 11-02-2007 07:46 PM

i was out of town so i get to address something from yesterday. NEW HOUSE RULE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 367043)
I really like jasper too; comes in a bajillion colors.

okay, I'll shut up about rocks now. :o

i love jasper. i once drove 2 hours north into tennessee to find a rock specimen shop just so i could get my hands on a specific piece of picture jasper. i have a modest collection of display pieces that i'm slowly growing with time. my favorite pieces are my gold sheen obsidian and ulexite eggs.

and now i'm done violating this thread.

auntie aubrey 11-02-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 367164)
question of the day ? for friday november 2nd
you are forced to have a word or sentence of your own choice tattooed across your forehead. what will it be?

"just because you can doesn't mean you should."

Anna 11-02-2007 09:23 PM

invisible

zero 11-03-2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odbe (Post 367194)
It's tomorrow. Next question:

"Is this a yes or no question?"

i want marvellous and dexterous the house

Frieda 11-03-2007 08:18 AM

^ on human evening, nevertheless

i say YES

zero 11-03-2007 08:29 AM

unless you, rallys burgers, have a summer mab then we must to applebees and that'll him "soi" for.

T.I.P. 11-03-2007 10:09 AM

yes

craig johnston 11-03-2007 10:46 AM

maybe

Hyakujo's Fox 11-03-2007 11:05 AM

pfft the ramones wouldn't answer 'maybe'

lukkucairi 11-03-2007 11:29 AM

not for a bucket of cherries, no.

Frieda 11-03-2007 12:58 PM

especially in the morning.

12"razormix 11-03-2007 01:48 PM

no! :mad:

Anna 11-03-2007 02:46 PM

depends

brightpearl 11-03-2007 05:46 PM

Yes and no.

Frieda 11-03-2007 08:27 PM

new question for sunday the fourth

have you ever plotted your revenge and acted it out as planned?

auntie aubrey 11-03-2007 08:40 PM

yes, although "plotted" gives me more credit than i'm due.

i got a boss fired out of revenge for how she was treating her employees and employees' direct reports. she was ruining the quality of life for my department. she turned over 9 people in an 11 person department in under 6 months. she used to come tell me the delightful ways in which she planned to make people miserable enough to quit so she wouldn't have to go to the trouble of proving they deserved to be fired. members of the department, my direct reports for whom i felt responsible, were physically ill, taking anti-depressants, and showing signs of pretty intense stress. i felt the stress myself.

so i planned it out and logged occurrences of questionable behavior over a period of 2 months. i pulled together a pretty solid argument and then waited until she finally did something that violated serious company policy. then i started the proceedings. the company invited her to voluntarily quit and she did so.

i don't regret it. she deserved it. she affected people's health, including my own. in fact by the time she quit i had had several serious health complications directly resulting from stress and i only stayed with the company 3 weeks beyond her resignation.

so yes, and i suffer no moral qualms about it.

trisherina 11-03-2007 10:19 PM

Yes. Not infrequently. Most I can't discuss publicly, but the one I always enjoy recounting appears elsewhere on the board, where I stuck an ex with a gigantic phone bill (he'd had the phone in his name) when he refused to pay me back some cash I'd loaned him. After spending hours a day on dialup long distance, I moved out of the place we'd shared together, got a phone in my own name, and advised the phone company where they could find him to deal with all those dreadful unpaid bills.

zero 11-04-2007 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 367338)

i've thought really hard about this question for the past hour. no, i can't recall ever having plotted revenge and then acted it out. of course like everyone, i've impulsively retaliated in both major and minor situations where i've felt wronged. personally, i'm against revenge, and tend to lump it in beside spite and HAT.

in trying to get myself some context for the question via the googles, this piece struck a chord, with me it did anyway:

Quote:

Originally Posted by the independent online
Psychologists believe revenge is essentially borne of unsatisfied anger. "It is a very aggressive act," says Brian Thomas-Peter, director of psychological services at the Reaside clinic for mentally disturbed offenders in Birmingham. "But it usually happens in a furtive way, so that the avenger doesn't have to deal with confrontation. Excessive revenge reveals a person's limited resources." The inference is that the humiliated but sophisticated can recoup their loss of self-esteem without stooping to venomous subterfuge.

The trouble is that on occasion, acts of violence just feel good. Avengers say that the instant of savagery provides a cathartic release of tension. Guilt and remorse may set in later, but the moment of revenge is sweet. "At the time I felt absolutely marvellous, totally and utterly justified and vindicated," Kathryn recalls. Joan Francis, 36, who was a battered wife for 10 years, derived exquisite pleasure from sneakily causing her (now divorced) husband misery. Depending upon his crime, she would smash his car windscreen or lace his boxer shorts with itching-powder. "My revenge kept me sane.," she says defiantly. "I found it spiritually uplifting."

T.I.P. 11-04-2007 06:35 AM

i do not indulge in revenge because i know it will eventually come back and bite me in the ass (and by "it", i mean "me").

'Course, sometimes i can't resist an impulse to snap back, on the moment, at someone who has wronged me. But that hardly qualifies as "plotted" or "premeditated" revenge.

brightpearl 11-04-2007 07:08 AM

I thought hard about this, too. I keep thinking that I must have, at some point, but I can't come up with an example. I did do something similar to what Auntie did, to a boss who was deleting some hours that coworker's had put in so her numbers looked better, but it wasn't out of revenge...My friends needed to be paid for their hours, and I was in a position to print out the documentation that would get them back, and I knew she would fire me if I went to her directly as she'd done it to someone else. The whole thing was sad...

So I don't know if what Auntie described is really revenge, either. I guess it depends more on the intent than the action. Even the abused woman above...I wonder if she needed to do those things to survive?

This goes along with my (very tentative) theory that there's no such thing as an asshole...there are just people who are in so much pain that they do assholeish things.

hmm.

*hopes for nice light question of the day today* :D

madasacutsnake 11-04-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 367390)
*hopes for nice light question of the day today* :D

Will brightpearl get access to the darkroom before I do?

brightpearl 11-04-2007 07:22 AM

brightpearl believes the darkroom to be unegalitarian and can't now forsee going in there.

So I guess no. :D

Stephi_B 11-04-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 367338)
new question for sunday the fourth

No, never have plotted a revenge so far.
But if I'd do, I would act it out, maybe not as planned, but in such a way I'd get what I want somehow. Cos if I want something...

auntie aubrey 11-04-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 367390)
So I don't know if what Auntie described is really revenge, either. I guess it depends more on the intent than the action. Even the abused woman above...I wonder if she needed to do those things to survive?

yeah i'm waffling. after reading what mr z posted about revenge i'm now reconsidering my definition. i'm thinking now, in hindsight, that that situation doesn't qualify for "plotting revenge."

in which case i'm not sure i can think of a yes. i'm sure there's something. i have the capacity for being a very shitty human being. surely there's something. but i can't think of anything.

Frieda 11-04-2007 04:21 PM

interesting.. i was watching kill bill again last night, and was wondering if anyone had a story to share.. it's such a powerful emotion.

personally, i've driven 50km once in the middle of the night to throw a rock through my ex's window.. and then chickened out. :rolleyes:

lukkucairi 11-04-2007 04:27 PM

living well is the best revenge

most people who make me angry aren't evil - they're just being jackasses - if I have the opportunity to remove myself from their influence and let them continue self-sabotaging, that's usually what I do.

if I don't have that option or they're targeting others, I will do what I can to shut them down - but the solution seldom involves meeting force with force.

Anna 11-04-2007 06:27 PM

I worked for a guy who was working for a fairly well known drug cartel, long story, he was really a smooth talking son of a bitch. Needless to say I turned in states evidence and he was arrested in the US coming to pick up a fleet of bullet proof Hummers, he really was pretty stupid. Everything was set to go to trial, then he escaped so I didnt have to testify. Not sure if that counts, but I heard hes dead now and his picture is on youtube.

Anna 11-04-2007 06:29 PM

HEY, what happen to the delete option!?

lukkucairi 11-04-2007 11:10 PM

thinking about this a little more - a couple of people who I really hated, and who I often had revenge-type fantasies about when I was in high school, just up and died when I was in my late teens/early 20s.

it was weird and not a good feeling.