ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

Smartypants 06-14-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Coffee
3 photos of DUCKS
Ok...next thought...is it a spoof photo?

That's my guess. Look how the photo's cropped. Chances are the other little one's are still waiting on the other side.

Damn funny, though!

Avalon 06-14-2004 11:03 PM

according to google and reuters:

Ducklings in Trouble, Mother Calls Police
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters)
When a family of ducklings fell down a Vancouver sewer grate their mother did what any parent would do. She got help from a passing police officer. Vancouver police officer Ray Peterson admitted he was not sure what to make of the duck that grabbed him by the pant leg while he was on foot patrol on Wednesday evening in a neighborhood near the city's downtown. "I though it was a bit goofy, so I shoved it away," Peterson told the Vancouver Sun newspaper. The mother duck persisted, grabbing Peterson's leg again when he tried to leave, and then waddling to a nearby sewer grate where she sat down and waited for him to follow and investigate. "I went up to where the duck was lying and saw eight little babies in the water below," he said. Police said they removed the heavy metal grate with the help of a tow truck and used a vegetable strainer to lift the ducklings to safety. Mother and offspring then departed for a nearby pond.

Smartypants 06-14-2004 11:09 PM

*stifling guffaw*

*can't....................hold.................... ........it.......*

ROFL!!!

nycwriters 06-14-2004 11:13 PM

click

masterofNone 06-15-2004 01:00 AM

so, my son just called. he said "want to hear a funny story?" i said, "sure." "we were going to mom's wedding and devin wanted to get the wrinkles out of a blouse so she throws it into the dryer which has some dry clothes in it still warm. we sit down and watch some tv. after a while the dryer starts to thump thump thump. i say ' devin, did you throw some shoes in the dryer?' she says 'no.' i think it must be that it's gotten out of balance and i go to check. i open it up and my cat falls out."
i started to laugh, "that's not a funny story. that's not funny. that's not a funny story." but of course at this point i'm in tears. "is the cat...?"
"the cat's fine, though she didn't look fine for a while after we got her out. she's been real affectionate for the past day now."

that's not funny. that's not a funny story.

nycwriters 06-15-2004 01:09 AM

Oh ... my .... God.

Dude, that's one of those "oh I shouldn't laugh at this" ... but man, I can just picture kitty being all affectionate ... and while I LOVE animals, oh man ....

funkytuba 06-15-2004 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now, apparently the story is real. The pic, however, looks a little fishy.

I've goofed with photoshop a bit, and that under her foot looks an awful lot like smudge tool.

nycwriters 06-15-2004 01:35 AM

Or it could be low shutter speed on the camera ...

Clytie 06-15-2004 01:43 AM

DUN DUN DUN! the plot thickens!

Audreyvgs 06-15-2004 02:27 AM

The plot thickens worse....

nycwriters 06-15-2004 02:28 AM

Hahahahhahahahaha ... oh man, that's GREAT!!!!!!

Audreyvgs 06-15-2004 02:36 AM

I can't stand stories about duckies without a happy ending....

and besides, i'm procrastinating.

but you knew that.

Smartypants 06-15-2004 05:37 AM

I just love the idea that photographer made the duck go to find a cop!

I was picturing the scenario:

"Oh you poor duck!" says the photographer. "I suggest you go find a policeman. The police can probably get someone to lift the grate."

"Thanks, Mr. Photographer!" replies the duck, tears of gratitude welling in her eyes. "That's such a good idea! But would you mind watching my babies until I return. Plus, I wouldn't mind you sticking around, because nobody's gonna believe this, so I'd like you to stay and corroborate my story when the reporters arrive."

Avalon 06-15-2004 10:07 AM

You've missed your calling SP; you should be writing kids books:p

weissenflatz 06-15-2004 10:37 AM

Here's a first title: The Duck and the Holy Grate