ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

brightpearl 08-07-2013 09:55 PM

Tan Lucky dragon t-shirt, black capri yoga pants, and a hopeful expression.

What are *you* wearing? I like to think you wear a pirate do-rag around the house all the time. :D

Frieda 08-08-2013 06:42 AM

No pirate outfit.. :D I am wearing black linen pants, a dark orange tank top and orange house slippers. Working from home today!

Brynn 08-08-2013 07:35 AM

At this very moment, I am wearing sheets, bedclothes, that sort of thing.

Frieda 08-08-2013 08:16 AM

^Brynn is naked everybody!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Coffee 08-08-2013 09:57 AM

Brynn is trying out her new ghost costume.

I am wearing usual work duds: Khaki slacks, navy blue knit shirt, black leather shoes, and a new and unimproved grayer than ever goatee. :(

brightpearl 08-09-2013 11:11 PM

I am jealous of Frieda's ability to wear linen pants. They look so crisp and classic in catalogs, but I just always look a rumpled mess in them and have given up. :o

And Coffee, I think your gray goatee is quite distinguished. I haven't seen it of course, but my husband has one too, so A=C. :D

New question:
If you could go back for a few minutes, what would you tell your middle school self?

Frieda 08-10-2013 06:49 AM

^oh, mine rumple and crinkle too.. i just don't care about it :D

i would tell my middle school self not to be a dick.

Coffee 08-11-2013 01:01 PM

I'd tell my middle school self to get a second paper route and invest everything in Apple and Microsoft when they start up.

Brynn 12-03-2013 12:18 AM

I would tell my middle school self to spend my money on ballet and tap classes and quit wasting it on going horseback riding. Also to just quit trying altogether in Algebra class - the instinct that I would never again need it is a good one.

Frieda 12-07-2013 09:26 PM

New question of the day:

what has been your latest adventure?

xfox 12-08-2013 10:20 PM

Well, since you asked, my old Accord passed the 100K mark and I found another, but stopped on the way to the dealer at a Ford place and was totally seduced by a Fusion Hybrid. Now I have to take driving lessons. It is a thrill to reinvent oneself.

Does one "wear" a car?

I kind of regret it because almost everyone in my neighborhood/town has a plain, compact car and now I'm a stand out. Life could be worse. A lot worse.

brightpearl 12-09-2013 01:55 PM

Well, everything is an adventure if you have a toddler with you. He loves to walk more than anyone I know.

YsaPur EsChomuw 12-11-2013 11:31 AM

I only dream of adventures.

Brynn 12-17-2013 07:56 AM

Just wrapped shooting today on a short film I'm appearing in and producing called "Coffee. Table. Book." - now looking for a composer for it. Still polishing a short screenplay for a competition with a deadline coming up, and working as story consultant for a TV pilot that has some serious interest (and possibly even a part for me), so having fun in general. Most days though, I work two part-time jobs that I'm grateful for :-)

Coffee 12-18-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 433273)
Just wrapped shooting today on a short film I'm appearing in and producing called "Coffee. Table. Book." ...blah blah blah:-)

I wasn't consulted, and have we met Table and Book?

Brynn 12-27-2013 11:29 PM

As I happens, I think of you every time I say the title! :-)

Frieda 04-20-2014 12:06 PM

Aphids. They stay away for a year, and then suddenly all the plants are completely covered in them. But where, ffs, are they coming from??

Brynn 04-21-2014 02:13 PM

I'm pretty confident that they come from eggs. Dormant eggs laid by other aphids. You're welcome :-)
On the other hand, they could be specially flown in by wealthy capitalist ladybugs as a delicacy.

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-22-2014 08:07 PM

Aphids are Amazing!

Frieda 04-23-2014 12:31 PM

Sure, in someone else's backyard.
i've found ants that drag the aphids around. My plants are doomed and the tomatoes are staying indoors this year!

Hyakujo's Fox 05-09-2014 06:58 AM

Why am I so fooking angry today that I'm slipping into a Scottish accent?

Frieda 05-10-2014 06:42 PM

Um, because you had too much scotch?

YsaPur EsChomuw 05-14-2014 12:59 PM

because you too, want to break away...

Frieda 06-28-2014 08:34 PM

What's your signature scent?

Hyakujo's Fox 06-28-2014 10:22 PM

dust

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-29-2014 03:40 AM

Éclat d’Arpège

Lanvin Arpège, a feminine masterpiece created in 1927, named for its similarity to an arpeggio—a cascade of successive notes. Éclat d’Arpège, drawing inspiration from the original, reflects the spontaneity of a modern woman.
Notes: lemon leaves, lilac, osmanthus, peach blossom, peony, wisteria, tea, cedarwood, amber, musks.

Frieda 06-30-2014 06:35 AM

^^ terran, lunar or stellar?

^ooh nice, i like those floral & musky scents. I'm looking for a new scent for daytime, for evening it's Trouble by Boucheron.
topnotes are dyer's greenweed & lemon, mid jasmin and base cedar and musk.

Hyakujo's Fox 06-30-2014 06:37 AM

house :p

MoJoRiSin 06-30-2014 10:07 AM

Sorry guys, today I am drawing a blank.

MoJoRiSin 06-30-2014 10:17 AM

Response Error.

Technical description:
502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server.
~~~
Mo just logged on to say she was drawing a blank
today :l
Like usual
I a prolly in the wrong forum
But the techie guys here* are saying
"Please don't we're any cents to work
Around us!!!"
* I am in Starbucks actually but easily
transported
I guess the gist is this:
In the old days people who worked this clothes together
saved their perfumery until later
Does this make any sense at all?
at your service
xo L,Mo

Frieda 06-30-2014 11:20 AM

^makes no sense, mo. What's your signature scent?

brightpearl 07-04-2014 05:40 PM

lemon and vanilla

It is not sexy to smell like baking, but it's what I love. :o

Frieda 07-05-2014 04:52 AM

^it's what they call a gourmand scent.. I've tried one that smells like honey and another one that smelled like almonds..

you're all hip and happening, you know.

MoJoRiSin 07-05-2014 11:07 AM

^^ speaking of vanilla my sister in law just posted this (see and click on link below) onFacebook yesterday the site is tricky do not click on the "mold bomb" ad until you are com
Ly finished reading the helpful hints
Well.. Something you did not know about Mo
Is that she used to read helpful hints from Heloise almost exclusively well except for her school studies and her memory is like an encyclopedia well let's say of
Helpful hints ;) also back on 1981 she half a realtors license in Massachusettes that she forgot to renew because she moved out if state and forgot to forward her address :/ well maybe not out if state but to Concord from Marble head

http://diply.com/different-solutions...at-freak/31486

More later
Always
At your service,
Love, Mo
Ps they told us to put the vanilla in a piece of foil and use a toaster
Oven to save electricity if possible :)

MoJoRiSin 07-06-2014 10:44 AM

Today is teachers day in Peru

Please write
A sentence
or paragraph
about your favorite one.
Mo does not have a single memorable teacher
other than her meditation Guru.
(He taught me nothing!)
:)

Frieda 07-06-2014 02:15 PM

i had a teacher named Wolter, last name i will leave blank for google's sake--

he taught classical languages and in the 4-6 grade of high school (last grades) we were only with 3 people in class. he always wore jeans and a jeans jacket, either a black or a blue set. he had a black beard and would chew on mints all day, to cover up his tobacco smell. at one point he taught us through the open windows-- him outside the window with the janitor, us inside the classroom, citing classic greek sentences.

he was also very angry because i graduated with a 7 for greek and an 8 for latin.

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-07-2014 10:01 AM

I have always hated and never learned history. Well, almost always. Mostly, because I had exceptionally anti-talented history teachers, who were weaklings as a human being, too.

The first history teacher I liked wasn't even a real one - they made him teach British history, poor man! Anyway, when he first entered the lecture room I thought he was the janitor who came to fix the heating, so you can imagine my surprise, when he went to the microphone and started to speak.

My biggest surprise was that what he said had some sense. I enjoyed the "history" lectures thoroughly - I savour the most precious moment up to now:

He was telling us some stuff about Henry V, and then after a time he said: Oh, no, no, no, wait a moment. Everything I said is ok, but it was about Henry IV, only accidentally I truned over two pages in my notes.

But not all was this silly stuff and for a fact, that was the first time I actually made an effort to understand the Whys of history, read up a bit about it and even - horror of horrors - learned something.

Peregrine 07-07-2014 06:17 PM

My Junior High math teacher comes to mind. He taught other subjects too, but math in particular, he made come alive. I was a bit disappointed when he recommended I take level 3 highschool math instead of level 2, which was a disheartening blow to my confidence. I took level 2 anyway, and did quite well, in spite of his doubts.

But the thing that makes him stand out in my mind was that he had an ear to the ground outside the classroom. I was completely unaware that a particularly violent bully had plans for me. I mean I knew I was being picked on. It's kinda hard to ignore. But these plans in particular would be unusually brutal. But he caught wind of it, and kept me after class, drove me home, and called my parents to keep them informed. He probably saved me a world of hurt. Possibly worse.

xfox 07-20-2014 10:48 PM

Picking up on Mo's line: Today is the 45th Anniversary of the first Man on the Moon, Buzz Aldrin. What did he say upon arrival and that was televised?

Peregrine 07-22-2014 09:43 AM

Buzz Aldrin was the second man on the moon. The first man on the moon was Neil Armstrong. And he said "that's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Though he was supposed to say "one small step for a man", and there has been some debate as to whether he flubbed his line, or the wayward syllable had simply been lost in transmission.