ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

lukkucairi 01-21-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 405133)
...and with emotional & deeply moving, john williamsesque, orchestral score quite like the one for E.T.?

nah, just the humming in my ears

I need a firmware upgrade, I see :p

lukkucairi 01-21-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 405150)

yeh, those sicklysweet, gushing "kodak moments" in the 90's are also to blame the "moment"-hungry reportage of today

Quote:

Originally Posted by some damn opinion writer
Though the first English sense was its now usual one of an instant of time too short to be taken into account, it could also, though not commonly, be a specific duration one tenth of a point, where a point was either a quarter or a fifth of an hour so a moment was a little more than a minute.

Hardly long enough to be momentous.

I'd like to see him assert that to someone traveling in a plane with an engine very recently filled with errant waterfowl - a moment can be extremely momentous :mad:

MoJoRiSin 01-22-2009 01:30 AM

Mo says yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 404746)
quink n

the touch of magic needed to make the universe stop turning, take a deep breath, and then start turning the other way round

^mo believes such things can really happen

and as an aside,
just as a coincidence,
Haley's comet was super bright
that day

Hyakujo's Fox 01-22-2009 03:52 AM

The petals do not generally fall to be beneath my feet, no. But sometimes things might fall into line, but what does that mean when you've disavowed the existence of magic?

zero 01-22-2009 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyaFox (Post 405178)
... magic?

:mad: that reminds of another culprit!

Coffee 01-22-2009 12:22 PM

New ? o de day.

What is magic?

-------------------------------------------------

magic = a collision of several coincidences.

lukkucairi 01-22-2009 12:55 PM

magic is what a guy in a tuxedo does onstage when he makes doves come out of a hat;

magick is what we do when we realize that no entity that matters actually gives a shit what we make of our lives, so we might as well have fun with the process;

majik is the prenom of an amalgamated philosopher.

treekisser 01-22-2009 01:37 PM

A thermos is magic. It keeps hot drinks hot and it keeps cold drinks cold. How does it know?

Stephi_B 01-22-2009 01:56 PM

^It makes your drink be a closed system thingie let let's out neither the cold nor the warm or so they say in thermodynamics, which is a sort of magic too, like also the black arts of quanta and relativity, but the only real kinds of magic are
music

&

mathematics

&

love

!

zero 01-22-2009 02:59 PM

zormix

madasacutsnake 01-22-2009 05:00 PM

It's when you listen to the people who know you best and because you did, you get to rock.

brightpearl 01-22-2009 09:40 PM

Magic is a huge disappointment.

MoJoRiSin 01-22-2009 11:26 PM

magic is how the first mother got here
the one with hands for working ; )

Brynn 01-23-2009 06:28 AM

I'll tell you what's magic:

you are the only person awake for miles, watching the sun rise just for you.

you've stared at the throbbing red of a Rothko painting, and then suddenly you fall into it.

an itinerant preacher puts his hands over yours to pray but you fall backwards, seeing a million dancing diamonds of light radiating pure love, and you never hit the floor

you look around the room at some of the beautiful things you have made with your own hands and find nothing there but satisfaction and delight

an icy martini with the perfect balance of vodka, vermouth, and olives

Patty Griffin singing a song about her mom called "Burgundy Shoes"

YsaPur EsChomuw 01-23-2009 11:56 AM

there's no magic, only wishful thinking :(