ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

dinzdale 01-08-2007 01:09 PM

scissel n.

Proper name for corduroy running shorts.

Brynn 01-08-2007 01:21 PM

scissel n. - a flexible, malleable chisel that dissolves into goo when struck.

daverbee 01-08-2007 01:31 PM

scissel

A very, very tiny schematic drawing most often found in WWI era submarines where space was at a premium. Each scissel contained complete information on electricals, hydraulics, and plumbing in the submarine on a two by two inch sheet of paper.
As they were so small, early submarines came with one sailor who's job was to do nothing but read the scissels. He was known as the Scisseler. (Pronounced sizzler, like the restaurant only not spelled the same.)

LeahDear 01-09-2007 09:28 AM

scissel

left handed scissors

Hyakujo's Fox 01-09-2007 07:37 PM

scissel (noun, verb) a small blade used for scraping meat, or the use of such a blade for that purpose.

Yo! Waiter! Get over here and scissel ma gristle!

Coffee 01-09-2007 07:46 PM

scissel (noun) /Skee-sell/

An very large heavy duty auxillary sail used in high winds to increase boat speed sufficiently to permit water skiing.

Arrr...hoist the scissel, I've a hankerin fer some watersports ye scurvy dogs!!!

nycwriters 01-13-2007 01:38 AM

(ooops too close to another entry .. let's try again)

I guess I'll fall back on phonics :)

scissel /Siss-sell/

Scissel scisshells by the scisshore

xfox 01-13-2007 08:00 PM

scissel crumpets of knowledge for sale in the genetic engineering marketplace.

Watson bristeled at the thought of losing rights to the junk DNA in his heap and thought, "Those imposters have no right to that scissel!"

Brynn 01-14-2007 08:44 PM

scissel n. a vessel for scissies.

(Oh dear, look - this double post has disqualified me! This is a shame. My apologies to all.)

I'd like to take this opportunity while this round is revolving ever so slowly to recognize some of my favorite entries thus far, and to regurgitate some of my deepest journaled thoughts about life as a twelve-year-old from twenty-odd years ago. However, this could be considered a presumptuous use of the thread, so perhaps I'll refrain for the time being, letting this serve as fair warning.

scissel n. the rare triple entry which tears a hole in the time-space continuum.

scissel n. the most common meter used by those who drum their fingers upon a table.

Blanche tapped out her signature scissel of impatience on the crisp white linen as she waited for Humberto to conclude his cell phone chat with his agent.

12"razormix 01-15-2007 06:30 AM

scissel, n.

a small dog turd

Zatoichi 01-17-2007 12:57 AM

scissel -n A personality type described in the upcoming DSM-XIV manual, referring to the dispassionate, logical, action-oriented type. It's used in distinction to eebret, the flowery, romantic, corpulent type.

Master_Jedi 01-18-2007 03:54 PM

scissel- name. Robert B. Scissel, Author/Word inventor/Philosopher/

Robert Scissel wrote the infamous text Scissellian Theory, where he proposed that we are made up of cell called Scissellulars. Also credited with the invention of the skidmark.

Hyakujo's Fox 01-18-2007 09:01 PM

scissel (n) a round of a competition that is left to peter out when it becomes clear to the participants that a result will not be obtained.

Brynn 01-19-2007 01:25 PM

scissel - n. ambitious substitute leader or interloper who appears to the relief of all concerned to fill a leadership vacuum, awarding prizes indiscriminately and buying free drinks in a raucous manner (see scisselizer - one who nominates a scissel).

"Where's that handsome boy Jedi that just walked in?" Blanche demanded. "He'd make a wonderful scissel if only his chin could clear the bar!"

Tunesmith 01-19-2007 01:52 PM

I'm so sorry, everyone! :(

I promise a full judging by the end of today. The number of responses was waay more than I thought...

I've been really busy this week, with midterms and all that craziness.