ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Anna 01-04-2008 12:31 AM

uba - the almost baked on juice remains found at the bottom of the over.

Marcus Bales 01-04-2008 07:03 PM

uba - a book of erotic art photos where the tie to a kimono is used is surprising and even startling ways.

Because of the uba book Ben read in the library from when he was 12 to when he was 16, having hidden it in a niche among the Housman translations of Marius, his expectations on his wedding night were not quite what his bride anticipated.

Marcus Bales 01-06-2008 01:16 PM

uba - yet another word for the false promises of a dictionary game judge.

funkytuba 01-06-2008 01:43 PM

uba - the act of pretending you didn't know better

kaskeens 01-06-2008 01:44 PM

uba-an exorborant amount of time spent sitting by and wondering if something will ever end.

xfox 01-06-2008 01:54 PM

uba present tense of uga.

He couldn't uba, since everybody had already uga.

Marcus Bales 01-07-2008 06:50 PM

uba - a unit of measurement, usually of time passed since a deadline.

When the Zefrank monkeys visited the Dictionary Game thread they found that Funkytuba had let the judging go for over three uba.

Superweevil 01-08-2008 02:33 PM

Uba - An obscure, antiquated scandanavian term for the ritualistic washing of one's socks.

After trudging through mud all afternoon, he looked forward to going home and performing the Uba

treekisser 01-08-2008 02:34 PM

uba - a parasitic life form, prevalent in fitness clubs, that is part mold, part dustball, and part hair conditioner

Fearing the giant uba lurking behind the torn curtain, Helga passed on a shower after her exhausting workout.

Superweevil 01-08-2008 05:10 PM

Wow, reading 10 pages back helps. I understand now.

Pixie Cherries 01-09-2008 05:32 AM

Come back little funkytuba... Come back...

Marcus Bales 01-09-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkytuba (Post 373461)
uba - the act of pretending you didn't know better

uba - A Dictionary Game entry by the judge.

Reuters, January 9, 2007, Cyberspace. Funkytuba's startling uba in the recent round of The Dictionary Game apparently set the stage for him to exercise the traditional whimsical and capricious requirements by choosing his own entry as the winner, thus continuing his reign as Judge. It would be the first time a Judge had succeeded him- or herself in the history of the Game.

Coffee 01-09-2008 01:51 PM

Uba

A rarely used musical notation meaning "sustain indefinitly at the whim of the conductor". The only time it was ever seen in virtual action was the Bugs Bunny episode when Bugs impersonated a famous conductor in order to torment an opera singer eventualy making him hold an Uba for 5 solid minutes till the singer turned 14 shades of various bright colors and the stage fell in on him.

The monkeys should have known it was a bad omen when a very distracted Funky Tuba posted the word Uba in the TDG thread.

Marcus Bales 01-11-2008 10:08 AM

uba - slang term for the substitute judge after the initial judge funks it.

Anyone want to be uba for this round?

Brynn 01-11-2008 03:06 PM

Uba - n. an essay about treading water

After smoking some crack, I've come to the perhaps erroneous conclusion that this is all my fault for shirking my heavy duties as judge and keeping the previous round open for only a short time - I was nostalgic for the days when several rounds would turn inside of 24 hours, when the sense of creative urgency surrounding this esteemed thread was almost as unbearably exciting as a hot fresh bowl of popcorn drenched in butter. While I defend my attempt to salt the stale proceedings with a little life, I acknowledge that I may very well have removed the lid altogether, unleashing the spirit of anarchy in funkytuba's soul in this hell's kitchen of creativity :rolleyes:

The Dictionary Game still is unbearably exciting - perhaps more in a Hitchcockian sense of suspense, but it remains entertaining as ever. I salute Mr. Tubes for what he has accomplished here :D
I propose that funky remains judge and can take as long as he likes to come back and judge his word - like the Prodigal Son who is welcomed back with affectionate,wide-open arms as we remain mindful that life can be unfair, unkind, difficult and distracting from the truly important things like The Dictionary Game.

In light of "Funky's Rebellion" we can always rebel ourselves while we're waiting for the uba to come home. "Might we turn to the coveted second place winner of the last round?" one may reasonably ask. I would suggest this only as a nuclear option to be exercised. I'm loathe to do the research, but in the nether reaches of memory, I believe another judge might hold the record for taking the longest to judge.
We realize that the award of "Coveted Second Place" is the highest honor to bestow because the winner of it is not burdened with the obligations of judging, but perhaps Pixie Cherries might sacrifice herself and grace us with a new word to define as we wait with baited breath for the self-exiled judge.
Perhaps we can take a cue from the recent Hollywood Writer's Guild strike and make a mini-game of it to see just how many rounds we can go through before he extracts himself from real life, setting the limit at three rounds before he must forfeit his status as judge. If he returns before that, we can instantly discard whatever we are occupying ourselves with in the name of welcoming him back.
Yes, it's complicated. But I needn't remind you that many things in life are.
Or - perhaps a far more ominous option - we can continue to stare into the abyss of chaos and see what transpires.
I have faith in Funky, and would beg all to exercise patience and good humor during this most intriguing social experiment of his.