ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

treekisser 04-28-2009 06:03 PM

Ode to the Judge

a tisket, a tasket, a blue and yellow basket
assumpsit, a dimwit
a wet and slimy armpit

treekisser 04-28-2009 06:21 PM

Young Marcus: Oh heavens, how much longer must I wait for the judging of this round to happen?!

Walter Brennan: Whoa! Easy there, young fella. Ah reckon s'only been two whole weeks. Assumpsit can't be too much longer.

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-29-2009 04:31 AM

assumpsit – to evoke expectations of something imminent, and then not delivering for reasons of experiencing power, pleasure, or both and even for some financial gain. (Ah, and in some extreme cases due to unexplainable circumstances. :rolleyes: ) Assumpsitting is an often-used technique of religious leaders and TDG judges.

The High Priest, wearing his multipurpose fox cape, thus spake unto the remaining faithful:“people get ready”.
This short utterance was interpreted by the ardent dictionary game followers as the Proclamation of the Upcoming Judgement, but after a week or so they became a bit fidgety, because it was clearer by every hour that they have been assumpsitted* again.

*assumpsat in the KJV

dddrum 04-29-2009 09:22 AM

assumpsit – a last-minute submission in a competition the judgment of which has been delayed.

David saw that there still had been no wrap-up at TDG after two weeks, and figured what the hell, he'd lob in an assumpsit.

Then he discovered that everyone lay dead, victims of the worldwide swine flu pandemic.

HIMSELF, he then realized, INCLUDED!

DUNT DUNT DUNNNNN!!!

treekisser 04-29-2009 11:09 AM

Assumpsit idly by, the problem continues to intensify.

treekisser 04-30-2009 01:22 PM

Welcome to Camp Assumpsit, where by definition, we learn to mark the passage of time.

Brynn 04-30-2009 06:09 PM

Hi :) I've missed this thread. I've missed HFox. I've missed the bus, so I thought I'd pop in for a minute...

Marcus Bales 05-01-2009 02:02 AM

assumpsit - an erroneous mind burp that results in an embarrassing social gaffe, as when at a party one issues a hint to the last remaining couple that maybe it is time to go home, only to be informed that it is THEIR house.

HFox chuckled at all the DG definitions, appreciating in his calm and mellow way even the strained ones, all the while unaware that his belief that someone else was judge was an assumpsit.

xfox 05-01-2009 10:18 AM

assumpsit Total TDG anarchy.

Gamers, restive for the judging, resorted to assumpsit posting.

Brynn 05-04-2009 05:49 AM

assumpsit - the act of coitus as performed by a donkey or mule.

"My first time was a mere assumpsit, but I got much better over the years," the little portly fellow bragged to Blanche.

Hyakujo's Fox 05-04-2009 10:11 AM

I'm sensing some readiness in the room.

Marcus Bales 05-04-2009 12:01 PM

assumpsit - a ready room; c2 assumpsat, one who sits in a ready room, assumpsot, one who is drunk in a ready room, assumpslut, one who is promiscuous in a ready room, assumpset, one who is an Egyptian god in a ready room, and assumpshot, one who senses some readiness in a room and doesn't get on with it.

treekisser 05-04-2009 03:37 PM

ASSUMPSIT - Acronym for Alaska-Siberian School of Underwater Mating and Polar Sexuality Institute of Technology

Twice rejected by MIT, Mr. Hyakujo's Fox decided to pursue his education at ASSUMPSIT.

funkytuba 05-04-2009 04:40 PM

assumpsit - what goes on behind home plate between innings

lukkucairi 05-04-2009 09:09 PM

assumpsit n. a Canadian spring ritual in which all housewives who mass over 140 kilos must take turns sitting in the local cattle watering hole to clear it of ice.