ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   concerned citizen (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12219)

T.I.P. 09-29-2007 08:54 PM

concerned citizen

it's satruday night

i'm drunk, kind of

tomorrow i go to work again. I usually i look forward to something new going on around here when I go to work on Sunday, if only a picture of a toilet or a short poem about footy.

Unfortunately lately nothing seems to be working- people have conversations and replies don't appear -it takes ages to load the page-

Is there a software upgrade, or a database cleanup that can solve this problem ?

I'm only posting this thread because I really like this place, and I'm concerned with recent developments. The technical malfunctions, and the fact that the link via the main page towards this bulletin board has not been reinstated, make me wonder how much of a future this place has.

Please correct me if I am delusional.

-concerned and drunk: Terence

michaelG 09-29-2007 09:47 PM

if this place is not working you can always go to the old " THE SHOW" forum... nevermind that one is closed to new members. Maybe the Org.--that one is by invitation only, but it is not closed yet.

At least this one is still open and allows new members. Take the bad with the good and the good with the less than horrible.

auntie aubrey 09-29-2007 10:06 PM

this is the first time all day i've managed to get this site to load without hitting "refresh" 50 times.

so while it's working, this is for you, dear tipper.

michaelG 09-29-2007 11:33 PM

What is he reading ?

Odbe 09-29-2007 11:47 PM

"Turn Your Life Upside Down: How To Become An Alcoholic"

madasacutsnake 09-30-2007 03:54 AM

"Why Pirates Always Lose at Cricket".

trisherina 09-30-2007 12:08 PM

"On Call -- a History of Alcoholic Surgeons"

I used to think the SDMB had a lot of time-outs.

Tunesmith 09-30-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.I.P. (Post 363459)

I'm only posting this thread because I really like this place, and I'm concerned with recent developments. The technical malfunctions, and the fact that the link via the main page towards this bulletin board has not been reinstated, make me wonder how much of a future this place has.

hear, hear!

I would've posted sooner, but it's taken around five tries over the course of a day to log on...

Tunesmith 09-30-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odbe (Post 363466)
"Turn Your Life Upside Down: How To Become An Alcoholic"

:D

"New Age Bling: How to Make the Most of Your Mystical Jewelry"

craig johnston 09-30-2007 01:48 PM

i thought it was just me

:(

Odbe 09-30-2007 04:56 PM

I'm feeling quite fortuitously left out here; for some reason I'm not getting those problems (touchwood!) The pages are slow to load and sometimes my browser tries to download a file rather than open the link I click on, but it only takes one or two goes to load the page and I haven't had trouble logging in. Actually I leave my account logged in, so that might not be an indicator.

Frieda 09-30-2007 05:34 PM

i'm sorry guys, i've emailed ze again about this database poop going on with the board. i hope he can help!

if anyone has any clues regarding trends in downtime please post it here~!

Earthling 09-30-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 363509)

Well, I thought I had a clue. So I changed my ISP last Tuesday coz of the crappy service. hahahaha...me bad.
I'm still in my initial phase of computer geekdom, so whadda I knew? lol

Earthling 09-30-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Well, I thought I had a clue. So I changed my ISP last Tuesday coz of the crappy service. hahahaha...me bad.
I'm still in my initial phase of computer geekdom, so whadda I knew? lol

Earthling 09-30-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

I'm still in my initial phase of computer geekdom, so whadda I knew? lol:)