ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

LadyCrow 01-21-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox
Q. What has 9 arms and sucks?

A. Def Leppard

I used to be a big DL fan back in the day, & even saw them in concert once. Kicked ass, imo. But still... Ouch!

;)

LadyCrow 01-21-2006 09:46 AM

What made me laugh today? The fact that I woke up early on a Saturday, especially when I didn't have to.

Bleck.

:rolleyes:

ambo 01-22-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapietra
Today I took Merlin to the vet (yes, I have my kitties back with me - YAY!) because he's been suffering from chronic squirty poos :( He's been tested for worms and been on Flagyl so it's not that... prolly IBS which is treatable (he's in good health otherwise).
Anyhoo - the vet examined him and went into his diagnosis and recommendations, amongst which was to have a very expensive blood workup (to make sure Mer doesn't have cancer or something else serious) which I can't really afford (and, to be honest, doesn't seem necessary since he's so glossy and clear-eyed and energetic) and yet I want to do everything I can for the little guy. And talking with the vet some more brought up all these memories of one of my past kitties who I had to have put down because of cancer, that I couldn't afford the surgery for, and I got all verklempt, and was trying to hide it, but it welled up and I got all leaky. The vet went on regardless which didn't help matters because of course he was talking about more things I couldn't afford. Bah.
In the meantime, Mer's been wandering around the room and is now sitting there cleaning himself. Suddenly the vet says, "What a cute tongue you've got there!" I look over at Mer, and he's looking back and forth at both of us, with his tongue about half-way out of his mouth, like he's sticking his tongue out at us. I started laughing, which of course made me stop crying :) Sweet kitty. How do they know?
(I ended up compromising and getting the breathtakingly expensive special food and some steroids... hopefully Mer's squirts will improve).

How is Mer, Lala ?

lapietra 01-22-2006 03:18 AM

He's okay... I think he likes the fancy new food the vet prescribed - a limited ingredient diet of proteins his tummy wouldn't be familiar with - rabbit and green pea, venison and green pea, and duck and green pea - i.e., not mixed together, in separate cans. Of course I feel a little twinge of the conscience - I wouldn't normally feed him those animals! but it seems to be helping a little - I don't have to clean the walls next to the litterbox as often :rolleyes: Time will tell whether it's the right thing. (I think I'll spring for the blood test next month ;))
Arthur is, of course, included in sampling the menu - what's weird is both of them got sick of the bunny food a couple of days in, so I had to go get cans of the other meats so I could rotate them. I asked the technician if cats are cliquish that way - "Oh, I'm SO bored with the rabbit mousse - you should be too!" She said yeah, maybe. Funny little guys. :) However, I figured out if I withheld the dry nibbles ($27 for an 8 lb. bag :eek: ) overnight, they'll eat anything I put down - which is good, 'cos I moosh up Mer's steroid into the wet food (otherwise I have to wrestle with him to get it down him, which we both hate).
He's getting to be an old kitty. I'm grateful Arthur is so healthy!

Smartypants 01-22-2006 04:26 PM

"The only thing worse than Republicans or Democrats... is when these pricks work together."

Lewis Black and his plans for improving the economy (among other things).

(10 mins)

ambo 01-22-2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapietra
He's okay... I think he likes the fancy new food the vet prescribed - a limited ingredient diet of proteins his tummy wouldn't be familiar with - rabbit and green pea, venison and green pea, and duck and green pea - i.e., not mixed together, in separate cans. Of course I feel a little twinge of the conscience - I wouldn't normally feed him those animals! but it seems to be helping a little - I don't have to clean the walls next to the litterbox as often :rolleyes: Time will tell whether it's the right thing. (I think I'll spring for the blood test next month ;))
Arthur is, of course, included in sampling the menu - what's weird is both of them got sick of the bunny food a couple of days in, so I had to go get cans of the other meats so I could rotate them. I asked the technician if cats are cliquish that way - "Oh, I'm SO bored with the rabbit mousse - you should be too!" She said yeah, maybe. Funny little guys. :) However, I figured out if I withheld the dry nibbles ($27 for an 8 lb. bag :eek: ) overnight, they'll eat anything I put down - which is good, 'cos I moosh up Mer's steroid into the wet food (otherwise I have to wrestle with him to get it down him, which we both hate).
He's getting to be an old kitty. I'm grateful Arthur is so healthy!

Oh, I know just which food you are using. I have been around the block more than once with IBS/IBD. I have two kitties that have the runs a lot. I use Psyllium Seed Husk and Slippery Elm to control it. Glad Mer is doing better.

And to get back on topic:

Mujibar was trying to get into America legally through Immigration. The Immigration Officer said, "Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except there is one more test. Unless you pass it you cannot enter America." Mujibar said, "I am ready."

The officer said, "Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink and Green."

Mujibar thought for a few minutes and said, "Mister Officer, I am ready." The Officer said, "Go ahead."

Mujibar said, "The telephone goes green, green, green, and I pink it up, and say, "Yellow, this is Mujibar.'"

Mujibar now lives in a neighborhood near you and works at AOL/DELL on the Help Desk.

Jack Flanders 01-22-2006 08:37 PM

I think I spoke to him him recently at Dell. Absolutely nothing made me laugh today. My husband was having kaniption (SP?) or should I say bratty fits over nothing most of the afternoon. Then we took down the *Holiday* tree. Oh, yah, I remember. He broke a glass ornament that his mother gave him. I was in the basement with the laundry and heard, "OH, SH*T!" Then the tinkle of glass flying across the floor above me. That made me laugh. :D :D :D

Frieda 01-23-2006 07:32 PM

pi

Smartypants 01-24-2006 02:33 AM

President Bush's "Blame Czar"

little john 01-24-2006 01:56 PM

What made me laugh this morning? Watching Judge Antonin Scalia getting grilled and squirming over the fact that instead of attending Chief Justice Robert's swearing-in ceremony (I mean for pete's sake, the guy is your boss now, stop sulking), he was repeatedly filmed at a private resort in Colorado at the invitation of a conservative legal society, playing tennis, shopping, and drinking cocktails.

I really love watching those smug guys sweating.

Smartypants 01-25-2006 02:14 AM

Jack Flanders 01-25-2006 03:54 PM

[IMG]jdbshow.com/images/wtf/wtf/wtf179.jpg[/IMG]

This is for you Frieda!

Jack Flanders 01-25-2006 04:04 PM

ignore this - I'm working out a problem :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jack Flanders 01-25-2006 04:05 PM

This is for you, Frieda!!

Thanks, Gatsby - I finally figured out the image thing!!! :rolleyes: :D

Smartypants 01-26-2006 05:11 PM