ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

dddrum 02-28-2006 03:13 AM

A Word from Our Sponsor

Jumentous™ - A delightfully chewy, minty fresh candy that comes in a slick, space-age roll, yet bears a fearsome, old-fashioned curse: once you start eating them, you have to finish the entire roll, piece... by... tasty,,, piece... even though each refreshing flavor brings on yet another weird physical metamorphosis, from festering boils, to putrid halitosis, to rampant obesity. If you should make it through the whole thing alive, swallowing the last chewylicious bite will bring on a final transformation into the epitome of boyband hunkiness, behind the wheel of a candy-apple Humvee, with a six-pack of Lindsay Lohan clones hanging onto your studly musculature. BEWARE, howsomever... should you FAIL to finish... well, the candy aisle is littered, indeed bestrewn ...with the husk-like remains of those who have fallen short, lying limply, like wrinkled old wrappers, cast off onto the greasy linoleum, and forgotten.

:eek:

...That's JUMENTOUS™ ...the Freshstaker!

Hyakujo's Fox 02-28-2006 03:39 AM

Jumentous (adj, pronunciation: yU-'men-t&s) having an totally implausible attitude of ignorance or misunderstanding.

"Didn't I tell you kids to clean up this mess?!"
"Oh... You meant us."
"Exactly!"

dinzdale 02-28-2006 07:38 PM

Jumentous judging tomorrow :)

Master_Jedi 02-28-2006 09:26 PM

jumentous-having to do with a very large fruit smoothie, used for sexual acts with elephants...

Zatoichi 03-01-2006 12:17 PM

Jumentous -- is one of those non-words that only James Joyce scholars use; from the character Sydney Jumen in Ulysees, it describes anyone a bit nasally and annoying but with an underlying sweetness -- in short it describes only the character Sydney Jumen and as such is pretty much worthless as an adjective except in literary quarterlies, certain cocktail parties and very highly literate Dungeons and Dragons games.

dinzdale 03-01-2006 12:50 PM

What a jumentous selection

Jumentous - smelling strongly like an animal

Let's see now.....

HFox - didnt spend too long on that one did you?
Trish - very Hatterslyesque
Mister Jedi - had an elephant in - good
Daver B - you were thinking of humungenous
ddd - ?
Zato - Joycean wordly wording his wordiness

now, close but just short - kaskeens with his jumentous cry for help performing a basic task

but outstripping the competition

da..da..da...DAAAAAAAHHH

Marcus Bales for well crafted "vorsprung durch technik". :)

PM on the way....the clock is ticking.....

Marcus Bales 03-01-2006 02:34 PM

Yeah, I'll vorsprung durch YOUR technik, bud.

grumble grumble. Didn't I just do this?

The new word is

parsec

And don't anyone try to unload that old story about it being the length of Lester del Rey's whatsit, either!

dddrum 03-01-2006 03:39 PM

parsec v. (pron. pars'k) - To examine closely or subject to detailed analysis, especially by breaking up into components, according to Popeye.

"Uk uk uk, when is it eggzackly dat I getsk me strengsk? Is it when I opensk da can, and da trumpetsk starks ta play? Hmm, or is it when da spinach jumpsk inta me piehole like a Slinksky? Or mebbe when me earsk turns ta steam whiskles? Or me muskles jumpsk up widda mightsky clang? Uk uk uk ukukuk! Mebbe it's when me battleship tattoo starks ta sail acrosk me chesk! Dat's all I can parsec, I can't parsec no more!"

dinzdale 03-01-2006 06:11 PM

parsec n. gram.

Grammatical term for acidentally rhyming, usually in inappropriate context.

some examples:
1. When threatening someone, it would be a parsec if one said
"I'm gonna stick my fingers up your snout
and pull your fvcking eyeballs out!"

2. Equally, the sensual mood would be broken if one made the parsec of
Ride me baby, ride me fast!
Turn me over, spank my ass!"

Master_Jedi 03-02-2006 03:59 AM

parsec. n.

the measure of speed at which one gets off.
ie.
George told his wife it took him 13 parsecs to getoff.

Coffee 03-02-2006 01:47 PM

parsec n.

Golf term for the score for a hole when an extra and often unrecorded second putt is taken while playing solo when one misses the hole by a ball width or less, when sinking the ball would have resulted in a par.

See also pardam; when the shot would have resulted in a birdy, and birdfuk; when the shot would have resulted in an eagle.

daverbee 03-02-2006 06:10 PM

parsec

An average bottle of champagne.

Murray and Blanche were disappointed when the local wine expert told them the case of bubbly they bought on their trip to France was only parsec.

xfox 03-03-2006 11:32 AM

parsec the smallest, most plentiful stuff that makes up our time, includes everything, making it useful to economize and share when possible.

The cop gave her a break, though illegally parked Charlotte didn't get a ticket, for which parsec she was very grateful.

kaskeens 03-03-2006 11:45 AM

parsec

parsec-the slowest moving line in the grocery store, hence the one you are always in.

Zatoichi 03-03-2006 01:32 PM

Parsec -- ein aus dem Sanskrit übernommenes Wort (s.a. Parsik, Barszhek) für das vorgestellte, selbsgebildete, dennoch nie erreichbare entgültige Ergebnis des Fortschritts; in der heutigen Umgangsprache bezieht es sich hauptsächlich auf das aus Technologie or Technik erzogene Fortschritt.