ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

trisherina 09-22-2005 01:26 PM

Heh, thanks Brynn, and thanks to "Mrs. Sandhu;" may she live long and rhipidate many a bigot.

The new word for all you Dictionary Gamers is:

mithridatism

Hiccup 09-22-2005 07:02 PM

Mithridatism – A congenital abnormality resulting in one’s genitalia being located on an unusual part of the body.

Dang, Louie, look at that mithridate! Why, she could screw you and give you a blow job at the same time!

dddrum 09-22-2005 10:59 PM

mithridatism (n.) - The compulsion, upon hearing a knock at the door, to ask yourself, "Will he be a dream, or a dud?"

Hermione 09-23-2005 05:25 AM

mithridatism- To believe that all politicians are honest.

dddrum 09-24-2005 04:16 PM

mithridatism (n.) - a convoluted philosophy that, however difficult to grasp, is every bit as good as amileridatism, or so they say.

dddrum 09-24-2005 04:29 PM

mithridatism (n.) - an irrational obsession with an Internet bulletin board, wherein the subject posts repeatedly to the same thread, in the vain belief that this gives them ownership of it. The end result is, usually, utter madness. MADNESS, I TELLS YA!

Coffee 09-24-2005 05:16 PM

mithridatism (n.)

A splinter group of the aetheist community that works to ban the teaching of myths as well as religion in schools, despite near universal acknowlegment that myths are historical allegorical stories and not factual histories.

xfox 09-24-2005 11:02 PM

mithridatism the condition of being so enured by hootchy-kootchy that the rack, or a bed of nails is actually more appealing.

For fear of his sure punishment to come, Jack's practice of mithridatism, involved self torture in small increments when nobody was watching.

trisherina 09-25-2005 01:28 AM

Judging tomorrow, if I'm awake at some point.

Sapphire 09-25-2005 02:10 AM

mith-ri-da-tism (mĭth'rĭ-dā'tĭz'əm) (v):
The process of determining the age, ownership and combat history of Elvish mithril chain armor through casting a "Spell of aged intention" enhanced by the addition of dragon's blood and eye of newt.

"The dwarf, elf, humans and hobbits used mithridatism to learn how the 'big evil baddy' had come to possess the set of mithril armor."

Marcus Bales 09-25-2005 09:35 AM

mithridatism - the explanation for the unexpected pregnancy of a young woman theretofore believed to be a virgin.

Mithridatism was the explanation Mary offered.

trisherina 09-26-2005 12:34 AM

It's judging time, Dictionary Gamers. Okay, stifle your yawns. Here's the real definition of mithridatism (I'm sure snake just didn't play this round because she knew it):
n. immunity from poison obtained by consuming series of small doses.

Now, to review the entries:
Hiccup
Mithridatism – A congenital abnormality resulting in one’s genitalia being located on an unusual part of the body.

Dang, Louie, look at that mithridate! Why, she could screw you and give you a blow job at the same time!

Dang, Louie, this is good, and it wins the coveted FIRST RUNNER UP award. (sniff) I remember the good old days of navy Gap dresses and mithridates.

dddrum
mithridatism (n.) - The compulsion, upon hearing a knock at the door, to ask yourself, "Will he be a dream, or a dud?"

dddrum
mithridatism (n.) - a convoluted philosophy that, however difficult to grasp, is every bit as good as amileridatism, or so they say.

dddrum
mithridatism (n.) - an irrational obsession with an Internet bulletin board, wherein the subject posts repeatedly to the same thread, in the vain belief that this gives them ownership of it. The end result is, usually, utter madness. MADNESS, I TELLS YA!

Just wondering... is it time to up your dose of Ritalin again, dddrum?

surbhi
mithridatism- To believe that all politicians are honest.

Now, surbs, not even your sweet, kind, and generous heart thinks that anyone older than five believes all politicians are honest.

Coffee
mithridatism (n.)

A splinter group of the aetheist community that works to ban the teaching of myths as well as religion in schools, despite near universal acknowlegment that myths are historical allegorical stories and not factual histories.

This wins the "Aw no, now wait, he didn't say what I think he did, did he?" award.

xfox
mithridatism: the condition of being so enured by hootchy-kootchy that the rack, or a bed of nails is actually more appealing.

For fear of his sure punishment to come, Jack's practice of mithridatism, involved self torture in small increments when nobody was watching.

I'm not sure what this means, honestly, but it only reinforced for me that xfox and I are meant to be pals.

Marcus Bales
mithridatism - the explanation for the unexpected pregnancy of a young woman theretofore believed to be a virgin.

Mithridatism was the explanation Mary offered.

This wins the "Second babies are always on time, but first ones are always late" award.

AND THE WEINER IS

Sapphire
mith-ri-da-tism (mith'ri-da'tiz'?m) (v):
The process of determining the age, ownership and combat history of Elvish mithril chain armor through casting a "Spell of aged intention" enhanced by the addition of dragon's blood and eye of newt.

"The dwarf, elf, humans and hobbits used mithridatism to learn how the 'big evil baddy' had come to possess the set of mithril armor."

This is so darned nerdy that it made me go and hug my kid. Take it away, Sapphire!!

Sapphire 09-26-2005 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina
This is so darned nerdy that it made me go and hug my kid. Take it away, Sapphire!!

Thank you!

You haven't seen the depths of my nerdiness, Trish - before deciding on a word, I secured my geekdom for all time by making a list (attached, if anyone wants it) of every word that's been offered in the past, so I wouldn't duplicate. :D Thereby proving, once again, that I do actually have a rhipidate planted firmly in my hiney. :o

The new word will be:
Absquatulate

12"razormix 09-26-2005 10:44 AM

absquatulate, v.

to hide something unbeknownst to a third party by using said third party as an involuntary accomplice

Mother only unlocked the credenza once a year to clean the collection of victorian figurines that she had received from Guglielmo during a lifetime together. Today had been such a day for Maria Concetta. Lorenzo looked at Jesus, who dangled over the bleached doorframe, crossed himself and grinned as he flipped up his collar and left Mother's house after having absquatulated the stolen diamonds in one of her dearly beloved figurines.

xfox 09-26-2005 12:25 PM

absquatulate v. to learn Pilates very late in life.

The memory of her long lost flexibility almost gone she absquatulated, and through sheer perserverance a Pilates routine of sorts was done religiously.