ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   gives you a happy (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=9399)

auntie aubrey 04-22-2007 01:16 PM

of all of the members of the blue cheese family, stilton ranks highest on the aromatherapeutic scale for evoking a sense of well-being and optimism. the scent resonates with the swadhisthana chakra, which is why the sacral symbol is most frequently depicted as a block of stilton blue surrounded by six petals. when bathing with blue cheese, always remember to follow with an acidulated rinse, perhaps in the form of a light balsamic vinaigrette. garnish to taste with walnuts and raisins.

T.I.P. 04-22-2007 02:02 PM

driving around the Orwellian city of Nowa Huta in a Trabant with crazy guides on one of their communism tours.

brightpearl 04-22-2007 06:03 PM

^^^I am happy TIP had a good time in Krakow (gotta love that Soviet realism -- I'm glad Crazy Guides knows how to show it proper respect), and that my good friend Creepy Sheepie liked Roger's eyebrows.

But what I came to say is that grilled vege on a crusty roll with Tomme de Savoie and arugula....

Oh, SO happeeeee. Mmmmm. I wish I had two stomachs so that I could eat another one.

edit: Oh, and spending the weekend with my dad also gave me a happy. My dad rocks.
:D

madasacutsnake 04-22-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie aubrey (Post 340147)
of all of the members of the blue cheese family, stilton ranks highest on the aromatherapeutic scale for evoking a sense of well-being and optimism. the scent resonates with the swadhisthana chakra, which is why the sacral symbol is most frequently depicted as a block of stilton blue surrounded by six petals. when bathing with blue cheese, always remember to follow with an acidulated rinse, perhaps in the form of a light balsamic vinaigrette. garnish to taste with walnuts and raisins.

I prefer to smear on a bit of quince paste.

Seeing a Trabant gave me a happy.

madasacutsnake 04-22-2007 09:19 PM

Shower lattes for late risers
April 22, 2007 11:13am

INVENTORS have created a soap infused with caffeine which is said to help users wake up in the morning.

Shower Shock supplies the caffeine equivalent of two cups of coffee per wash.

The scented stimulant is absorbed naturally through the skin, according to its manufacturers, who say it is designed for people who don't have enough time for a cup of coffee in the morning.

The soap is available on the internet.

zenbabe 04-23-2007 03:06 AM

For the Girl on THE GO!!!!!

Odbe 04-23-2007 08:12 AM

This morning, I found that I had prepared a mixture of eggs and instant soup mix, without consciously meaning to. I had no choice but to cook it and eat it. It tasted happy and the whole incident gave me a happy when I was awake enough to laugh at it.

auntie aubrey 04-23-2007 08:27 AM

4th straight day of boycotting work-related thought and activity. expecting a package from UPS any minute now. said package contains various and sundry lovely smelling things. said lovely smelling things might go into a fresh batch of bath bombs this afternoon. said bath bombs might go into a hot bath this evening.

anticipatory happy.

brightpearl 04-24-2007 11:14 AM

These fantastic Pipevine Swallowtail caterpillars are all over my yard. When you poke at them, noxious yellow horns come out of a flap in the back of their necks.

They turn into these gorgeous things:

Their cousin, the Giant Swallowtail butterfly looks like this:

Also lovely. And yet its caterpillars, which have evolved the mimicry of bird poo in order to discourage predators, lack the...um, majesty of their Pipevine counterparts.

I find this very amusing.

Tunesmith 04-24-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 340295)
^^^ I lovelovelove the fifth one. When does the luminescent fairy dragon egg hatch??

This gave me a happy! :D

auntie aubrey 04-24-2007 05:20 PM

brightpearl's bugs gave me a big happy.

T.I.P. 04-24-2007 06:23 PM

^^ ditto :)

daverbee 04-24-2007 11:13 PM

My cousin Jimmy from Nashville was on the Today Show playing piano in a truck while Al Roker did the weather!

Jimmy Maddox

Go to the blog page and read the blog before you watch the video. Or the other way around as you prefer...

Edited to note that yes, he does look like David Carradine but he isn't as good at Kung Fu.

Jack Flanders 04-25-2007 12:25 AM

^^^ Your cousin *Jimbo* is one really cool guy!!! He's good!!!

Jack Flanders 04-25-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 340327)

Also lovely. And yet its caterpillars, which have evolved the mimicry of bird poo in order to discourage predators, lack the...um, majesty of their Pipevine counterparts.

I find this very amusing.

Me, too!! I had several pairs of the swallow tails floating around my butterfly bushes last summer and fall. Hopefully they did the deed and and I'll get to enjoy more this year!! ;)