ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Hyakujo's Fox 10-23-2007 05:23 AM

get 'em in peeps!

*sigh* perhaps constupration or frumentaceous might have been better options after all...

trisherina 10-23-2007 09:45 AM

forswonk: Sullen look of insolence first perfected in adolescence.

While others sweated away at their essays on the life cycle of the badger, Curtis practiced his forswonk in the reflection of the classroom windows.

Marcus Bales 10-23-2007 12:21 PM

constupration - the backed-up regret about not having pursued some other path in a game.

Hfox's constupration over whether to have used constupration instead of forswonk was mildly frumentaceous to the rest of us, who were already of that opinion.

Marcus Bales 10-23-2007 12:25 PM

frumentaceous - condescendingly amusing, or sometimes amusedly condescending.

Although he was wearily aware of the frumentaceous smiles of his friends, Hfox diligently solicited more entries for his Dictionary Game word, in spite of his constupration.

Marcus Bales 10-23-2007 12:35 PM

forswonk - the determination never to swonk again.

"As God is my witness," Hfox forswonk as he consturpated through the frumaceous entries in the Dictionary Game, "I'll never absquatulate my harmartia again -- no, not even for quinquarticular epexegesis!"

T.I.P. 10-23-2007 12:50 PM

forswonk: caveman exclamation indicating that one is about to hit a rock in the direction of the cave opening with one's club

Zog heard Thogg's "FORSWONK" but did not move fast enough. Seconds later, much to his dismay, he received a 10 pound piece of granite in his dinosaur soup.

funkytuba 10-23-2007 01:46 PM

Forswonk - the place where brilliant ideas you have at night while half-asleep go

While putting the baby back to sleep at 3am, FunkyTuba came up with a fabulous definition for the Dictionary Game. By 8am when he woke up, it had gone Forswonk

Coffee 10-23-2007 05:59 PM

Forswonk

Mentally wonking someone on the head rather than doing it physically thus achieving some gratification without the"aggravated assault" legal consequences from actually wonking the individual. Forbearing to wonk.

Coffee forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk that unknown marina tenant who habitually wipes 35 times in an effort to get their arse hole psychologically clean (apparently to provide a clean place to store their head for the remainder of the day) and then clogged the marina toilet in a muddy swirl of shit and TP when they, yet again, attempted to flush their humoungous mass of tissue and crap in one single flush.

Brynn 10-23-2007 06:39 PM

^hahaha :D

dinzdale 10-23-2007 09:02 PM

Forswonk n.

An erection to large to conceal, but sadly too small to be of any use.

Jack Flanders 10-24-2007 12:36 AM

^ hahaha! :D

xfox 10-25-2007 10:20 AM

forswonk Nautical term for keeping the bow well forward, especially in fluky wind.

Hyakujo's Fox 10-27-2007 11:44 AM

The Independent Institute Of Indepent Award Titling Group Award goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 365578)
n. one who is in the forestages of becoming a fully fledged wonk. Term often used by wonks masters to describe their apprentice at the semi-annual international wonk festival and convention.

note: conventions are held in Steubenville, Ohio and Khajuraho, India.

I have three forswonks coming along nicely and should be foaming at the mouth by midpoint.

The "Cut Above The Rest" Award goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 365642)
forswonk - an assitant to, and sometimes the junior, mohel. His job is to be familiar with every detail of the bris.

Politics has its policy wonks; Judaism has its forswonks.

The Association of North American Mammals Yound Achiever Award goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina (Post 365889)
forswonk: Sullen look of insolence first perfected in adolescence.

While others sweated away at their essays on the life cycle of the badger, Curtis practiced his forswonk in the reflection of the classroom windows.

The Epimenides Golden Warning for Circular Definition Error First Encountered at
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 365901)
constupration - the backed-up regret about not having pursued some other path in a game.

Hfox's constupration over whether to have used constupration instead of forswonk was mildly frumentaceous to the rest of us, who were already of that opinion.

frumentaceous - condescendingly amusing, or sometimes amusedly condescending.

Although he was wearily aware of the frumentaceous smiles of his friends, Hfox diligently solicited more entries for his Dictionary Game word, in spite of his constupration.[

forswonk - the determination never to swonk again.

"As God is my witness," Hfox forswonk as he consturpated through the frumaceous entries in the Dictionary Game, "I'll never absquatulate my harmartia again -- no, not even for quinquarticular epexegesis!"

The Hanna-Barbera Wasted Saturday Morning Medal goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.I.P. (Post 365906)
forswonk: caveman exclamation indicating that one is about to hit a rock in the direction of the cave opening with one's club

Zog heard Thogg's "FORSWONK" but did not move fast enough. Seconds later, much to his dismay, he received a 10 pound piece of granite in his dinosaur soup.

The Judge's Solemn Nod Of Understanding goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkytuba (Post 365914)
Forswonk - the place where brilliant ideas you have at night while half-asleep go

While putting the baby back to sleep at 3am, FunkyTuba came up with a fabulous definition for the Dictionary Game. By 8am when he woke up, it had gone Forswonk

The Canadian Online Pharmacist's Guild Award for the Promotion of Public Awareness of Penile Lacklustre goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by dinzdale (Post 365958)
Forswonk n.

An erection to large to conceal, but sadly too small to be of any use.

Coffee's Shivered Timber for Best Nautical Definition goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by xfox (Post 366115)
forswonk Nautical term for keeping the bow well forward, especially in fluky wind.

The Crime Never Pays Award for most stylish runner-up goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 365860)
forswonk - to have already made the decision to preemptively swoon should it appear necessary to provide an immediate diversion during the commission of a crime.

"Darling, what more do you want? I've forswonken before, don't you trust me?!"

But the Winnering along with the Judge's Lengthy Sigh Of Understanding goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee (Post 365944)
Forswonk

Mentally wonking someone on the head rather than doing it physically thus achieving some gratification without the"aggravated assault" legal consequences from actually wonking the individual. Forbearing to wonk.

Coffee forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk that unknown marina tenant who habitually wipes 35 times in an effort to get their arse hole psychologically clean (apparently to provide a clean place to store their head for the remainder of the day) and then clogged the marina toilet in a muddy swirl of shit and TP when they, yet again, attempted to flush their humoungous mass of tissue and crap in one single flush.

oh yeah, forswonk actually means Overlabored; exhausted; worn out.

Coffee 10-27-2007 03:08 PM

Well that is at least some consolation for having to encounter the objects of my definition on that foul morning.

The new word is:

Terwilliger

Brynn 10-27-2007 06:51 PM

terwilliger - at first, a term for an extremely dangerous skateboard maneuver that involved grinding along the curved edge of any pedestrian walkway spanning a freeway, then landing below on the freeway's shoulder during rush hour, but now it has become synonymous with any foolhardy act.
The origin of the term comes directly from Charles Terwilliger, one of the founding fathers of Oregon. His winding ferry road eventually became incorporated into a particularly treacherous portion of the I-5 freeway bridging north and south Portland. So many fatal accidents between speeding motorists and top-heavy trucks have been documented there that to this day "the Terwilliger Curves" are said to be cursed (true story).

"Dude, whatever you do, don't pop a terwilliger on me, bro, not yet - I need you to be in one piece so you can shoot me doing curlies and wingdings off the picnic table and upload to YouTube so Raven can post it in her MySpace tonight."