ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Brynn 12-29-2007 06:56 AM

judging really really soon....

Pixie Cherries 12-29-2007 06:59 AM

It's okay. I like his definition much better!
Yay! Go Funky Tuba!

Brynn 12-29-2007 07:10 AM

Okay, the tallies are IN...
due to an utter lack of quality entries with the exception of the two fine ones recently submitted, I will commence judging at long last.

Pixie Cherries, yes, you win Coveted Second Place for this hilarious entry:
Phobantropy: If you have too much pho and you ban it from your town you are in danger of tropy. Like it's cousin "entropy", phobantropy results in a collapse of the underlying structure of maps, um, and

Watch my definition on video! Or just read it below...

I personally believe that USAmericans are unable to do so, because uh, some uh people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh I believe that our education like such as in in South Africa and uh, the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future.

And Funky is the Winnerr of this round!
He played right into the Judge's Bias for generosity, hot beef soup and shaggy-furred quadripeds with this adorable definition:
phobanthropy --the generous and unselfish feeding of hot beef soup to large, shaggy-furred quadrupeds.
Congratulations!

the real meaning of the word phobanthropy:
Synonym: anthropophobia.

Origin: G. Phobos, fear, + anthropos, man
:eek:
Take it away funkytuba!

Brynn 12-29-2007 07:16 AM

PixieBerrykins, put your perfectly good definition back in there -- hold your head up high, girlfriend!

seebe 12-29-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 372798)
Okay, the tallies are IN...
due to an utter lack of quality entries with the exception of the two fine ones recently submitted, I will commence judging at long last.

the real meaning of the word phobanthropy:
Synonym: anthropophobia.

Origin: G. Phobos, fear, + anthropos, man
:eek:
Take it away funkytuba!

I was asleep while this one happened, so my too late entry is :

phobanthropy- The fear of allowing the dictionary game to go on for more than an hour and 23 minutes.

xfox 12-29-2007 02:36 PM

Wait a minute! I want to get one in! Wittol I got to do before the end of 2007 the Dictionary Game dropped down on my priority list, so please consider:

phobanthropy Fear of leaving a digital picture frame on and not looking at it.

Ed had so damn much on his plate. but after loading 405 pictures on this thing, a deep sense of phobanthropy set in, and he could not avert his eyes.

Marcus Bales 12-29-2007 03:09 PM

phobanthropy - fear of a barely used flute.

As she realized that she didn't miss her ex-flute at all, Brynn rapidly got over her phobanthropy.

funkytuba 12-29-2007 04:54 PM

so... did I win?

I think so,

the next word is:

uba

if it's possible, try not to be too obvious... go!

Brynn 12-29-2007 05:38 PM

You are all winners, of course, and thank you for the wonderful contributions, but unfortunately, judging has been completed in record time. Funky and Pixie Cherries were awake when I was and are therefore the winningest of them all.
See the obvious correlation here.... and here

"Uba" - 1. n. - how Uma pronounces her own name when she is getting too "feisty" at the karaoke bar, and just about to pass out after holding her notes too long and forgetting to breathe between sips.
2. n. - the messy "farting" sound a tuba makes when the musician forgets to tongue his notes properly.
3. n. - silly dance intended to seduce the opposite sex.

Blanche realized with frustration that her uba at the Soiree (still in full swing) had the opposite effect on Ben that she had intended, and she chalked it up to the fact that sadly, his sense of humor did not extend to drunken physicality.

Pixie Cherries 12-29-2007 05:46 PM

Brynn, thank you for retrieving my def from thin air. You are the mistress of magic.

Love your handling of the whole thing.

Uba: What is left over after your Funky T falls off the screen when the page width forces you to scroll over to the right. *

*Also see: "cus Bales, ynn, ox, ebe, I.P., na, herries" ... etc.

Brynn 12-29-2007 05:52 PM

I see some obvious winners here already.

Brynn 12-29-2007 05:53 PM

ahem

Brynn 12-29-2007 05:56 PM

aHEM

Brynn 12-29-2007 05:58 PM

oh for crying out loud

Brynn 12-29-2007 06:07 PM

?
???:eek: