ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Marcus Bales 03-02-2008 09:00 PM

crunchatize - to assign to a subordinate the job of arguing with a customer or vendor or colleague, and then when all the points are made that you wanted made, or when the subordinate wins the argument but is heavily tarred with the onus of having made the hard arguments, coming in to the discussion to take the credit for the outcome, and sometimes to criticize the subordinate for doing the very job she was assigned to do in order for you to look like the reasonable person solving the problem.

He told me to go to the mat with the guy in accounting, and then cut me off at the knees after I proved that we were right, and he took all the credit -- I got crunchatized.

funkytuba 03-03-2008 12:48 PM

c*run*cha*ti*ze - To engage in an athletic version of a latin american dance while singing the last note of a diatonic scale to our host

Stephi_B 03-03-2008 01:00 PM

to crunchatize v

Brit. to crunchatise

to 'crunch' (that is, to tie into knots / to mop up, etc.) a person, but unintentionally, as an unavoidable accident

I fear you've crunchatised him badly, but of course it's not your fault.

Brynn 03-03-2008 02:42 PM

crunchatize - as in "Crunchatize me, baby!." An informal expression of tenderness used most often in May-December relationships.

Blanche was mortified to find out that neighbors had heard her scream out "Crunchatize me, oh do it!" through an open window during a particularly raucous encounter with General Maximus Bullious.

Coffee 03-04-2008 02:19 PM

crunchatize -ed -ing V

To scold for not thoroughly chewing.

Gran'ma always crunchatized us by saying "10 silent chews before thee swallow food"...Mama just thwacked us in the head.

Marcus Bales 03-04-2008 02:37 PM

crunchatize - 80s slang for what you do to your leg warmers to make them look cool.

She spent fifteen minutes in front of the mirror crunchatizing before she was finally ready to go to dinner.

hypnoplasm 03-05-2008 02:12 AM

crunchatize - surfer/skater slang meaning to cause damage or to strike with great force

Dude, did you see that guy bail? He landed on the rail and totally crunchatized his nuts!

Hyakujo's Fox 03-05-2008 08:59 AM

The Golden Moue goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina (Post 378801)
crunchatize: to elicit a particularly strenuous moue of distaste.

The Golden Molar goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Flanders (Post 378804)
crunchitize: to physically measure the pressure of resistance of cereal against the back human molars.

The Golden Crackling goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw (Post 378861)
crunchitize a gastronomic expression originally from the cannibal cuisine of natural diet. The activity involves secret ingredients, a human being on a spit and fire to produce the desired result of making a crunching sound when chewed.

The Golden Faulty Flourescent Light goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 378893)
crunchatize - to assign to a subordinate the job of arguing with a customer or vendor or colleague, and then when all the points are made that you wanted made, or when the subordinate wins the argument but is heavily tarred with the onus of having made the hard arguments, coming in to the discussion to take the credit for the outcome, and sometimes to criticize the subordinate for doing the very job she was assigned to do in order for you to look like the reasonable person solving the problem.

He told me to go to the mat with the guy in accounting, and then cut me off at the knees after I proved that we were right, and he took all the credit -- I got crunchatized.

The Golden Asterisk goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkytuba (Post 378993)
c*run*cha*ti*ze - To engage in an athletic version of a latin american dance while singing the last note of a diatonic scale to our host

The Golden Brit goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 379001)
to crunchatize v

Brit. to crunchatise

to 'crunch' (that is, to tie into knots / to mop up, etc.) a person, but unintentionally, as an unavoidable accident

I fear you've crunchatised him badly, but of course it's not your fault.

The Golden Eating Disorder goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee (Post 379368)
crunchatize -ed -ing V

To scold for not thoroughly chewing.

Gran'ma always crunchatized us by saying "10 silent chews before thee swallow food"...Mama just thwacked us in the head.

The Golden 15 minutes of Fame goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 379375)
crunchatize - 80s slang for what you do to your leg warmers to make them look cool.

She spent fifteen minutes in front of the mirror crunchatizing before she was finally ready to go to dinner.

The Golden Home Video goes to
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnoplasm (Post 379467)
crunchatize - surfer/skater slang meaning to cause damage or to strike with great force

Dude, did you see that guy bail? He landed on the rail and totally crunchatized his nuts!

The 4TH RUNNER UP and receiver of oh, a golden lifetime subscription to National Geographic, how about that folks?, is none other than

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfox (Post 378853)
crunchitize engineering term for collapse due to the dead weight of a lifetime subscription to National Geographic in one's attic.

The 3RD RUNNER UP and receiver of the Golden umm, well It's going to be wonderful baby when it arrives I'm sure, is none other than
Quote:

Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw (Post 378800)
crunchatize - to inflict great physical and mental distress by undeliverable promises of sweet nothingness.

The 2ND PLACE RUNNER UP and receiver of the Golden Breastplate Remover is none other than
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 379071)
crunchatize - as in "Crunchatize me, baby!." An informal expression of tenderness used most often in May-December relationships.

Blanche was mortified to find out that neighbors had heard her scream out "Crunchatize me, oh do it!" through an open window during a particularly raucous encounter with General Maximus Bullious.

But THE WINNER and receiver of the SHUT UP Man Memorial Golden Hotwater Bottle and Slippers is none other than
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12"razormix (Post 378872)
chrunchatize, v.

to age ungracefully

Marcus Bales 03-05-2008 05:24 PM

Since 12"razormix has elected not to receive PMs from anyone, Brynn ought to get ready to take over and post a new word. If anyone knows 12"razormix's email address, you might send a note. In fact, for all those who have elected to play the DG who have also elected not to receive PMs or who can't receive PMs because the board won't let them, send me your email address backchannel to marcus at designerglass dot com and I'll make sure you get notified if you win.

12"razormix 03-05-2008 07:01 PM

oh shut up bales, the new word is

speustic

thank you mr. fox :)

Marcus Bales 03-05-2008 07:02 PM

speustic - unable to read the directions to allow PMs on a bulletin board.

12"razormix 03-05-2008 07:04 PM

if you want to get on my arse about judging, you might as well start doing this now since i'm going to take my time! :)

YsaPur EsChomuw 03-05-2008 09:38 PM

speustic n. someone who tries to beguile unsuspecting people of their credit card number, social security number, e-mail address, naked pictures posed under palm trees et cetera for evil purposes like spamming their mailboxes with a call to hasty action.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 379615)
...send me your email address backchannel to marcus at designerglass dot com and I'll make sure you get notified if you win.

adj. Marcus Bales speustic comments have endeared him to friends and enemies alike.

hypnoplasm 03-06-2008 02:18 AM

speustic - the vomit reflex caused by touching the uvula or back of the throat

If you hear Milton gagging when he brushes his teeth, don't worry. He doesn't think he's getting his tongue clean unless he's hitting his speustic nerve.

Stephi_B 03-07-2008 10:16 AM

speustic adj

aware of unawareness

n speudicity
v to speu of s.th. (rarely used)

There was this sudden speustic experience that caused me to change my perspective on the matter in question.