ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Marcus Bales 07-10-2008 08:58 AM

Nope.

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-10-2008 10:15 AM

What life?

brightpearl 07-10-2008 12:16 PM

I hope so but fear not.

zero 07-10-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi
¿ is there more to life than this ?

Coffee 07-10-2008 01:30 PM

Unless you are currently having sex with multiple hot partners in a private jet with an open bar and gourmet chef, on a round the world 20 country tour as part of your year long vacation, that you awarded yourself due to your success starting and running a rewarding and profitable business that improves the lives of millions of people and fulfills your life's dreams as well as earning you the love and adulation of most of the world...yes.

12"razormix 07-10-2008 01:32 PM

rizabasten doesn't understand the question.

Frieda 07-10-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi (Post 391968)

¿ is there more to life than this ?

life is what you make it-- if you want more, make more

Brynn 07-10-2008 03:02 PM

yes, infinitely more, more than we can even imagine.

I also agree with Frieda, although I'd amend to say that if you want more, give more.

brightpearl 07-10-2008 03:08 PM

^Ohhhhh.
I tried that.
It's very important to do it properly so's you don't hurt your own self.

Or perhaps I'm just talentless. :o

But I'm told that it's important to be sure you spread it around a lot and don't try to aim it all at just one person and to grow suspicious if you don't notice it coming back around.

Frieda 07-10-2008 03:11 PM

life isnt about giving or taking i think, life isnt about having or not having
mind you-- here's my brutal horrid personal opinion again:

dont wait for the storm to pass, learn how to dance in the rain

brightpearl 07-10-2008 03:11 PM

...Whatever "it" is.

And assuming it exists.

Of which I remain unsure.

Probably my untalented unsureness goes without saying after these couple of posts.

Perhaps I should go and track down that a-banned-done boatyard...

Frieda 07-10-2008 03:15 PM

it's schrödinger's "it"

it's there, but only if you're looking at it

brightpearl 07-10-2008 03:19 PM

But if I look at it, I won't know where it is!
:D

lukkucairi 07-10-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 392039)

...wow...

Brynn 07-10-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 392087)
^Ohhhhh.
I tried that.
It's very important to do it properly so's you don't hurt your own self.

Or perhaps I'm just talentless. :o

But I'm told that it's important to be sure you spread it around a lot and don't try to aim it all at just one person and to grow suspicious if you don't notice it coming back around.

Absolutely! I just feel that the more you put yourself out there doing stuff for people for your own enjoyment, then the more you will get out of life.

I also feel strongly that the "more" to life that people are looking for isn't about the circumstances we're in - yes, it would be nice to have a private jet and be successful and adored and perpetually healthy, but all that is really out there on the rim of the wheel of fate/life, as Joseph Campbell put it so well. As fate inevitably turns, your life is always going to be swinging up and down, up and down. If you're dangling out there on the rim letting your circumstances govern how you feel, you're going to start feeling like "Fortune's fool". The trick is to be as near the center of the wheel as possible, letting circumstances change around you as they will while you inhabit the center. Kind of like Frieda's "dancing in the rain."

How we each inhabit the center and what we personally find as an effective touchstone to get us there in the first place is a whole other conversation.
One that I am no longer willing to enter into very deeply here.