ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   where we leave messages for each other (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7615)

Stephi_B 10-14-2007 09:38 AM

Fine! :)

Jack Flanders 10-15-2007 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 364951)
neither, guys.. i brought the posh one but there was no room to change except a tiny toilet-- and then i thought, fwk it.. so i wore the dress i wore to the wedding itself!.. :) it was an unconventional wedding anyway.. dinner was at a chinese restaurant that we had to walk to, there was no band but they had a big wurlitzer jukebox in there, things like that. it was cool :)

the wedding itself was wonderful, in an old building from 1600-something that's now a museum. lots of huge Nachtwacht-style paintings on the walls, tapestries, dark wood.. absolutely gorgeous.

... so it's not the clothes - it's the fun you have!!! Craig will be envious of the Jukebox!!! I love old buildings.

Hyakujo's Fox 10-15-2007 01:52 AM

Plus you don't have to carry the jukebox out and put it in a taxi at the end of the night.

Jack Flanders 10-15-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox (Post 365060)
Plus you don't have to carry the jukebox out and put it in a taxi at the end of the night.

and that, too.

Frieda 10-15-2007 03:51 AM

and bands don't play mc hammer and vanilla ice-- we programmed it to play 90's stuff all night :D

brightpearl 10-15-2007 10:08 AM

Thanks to all you lovelies who are joyfully jamming along in the present thread.
:)

Stephi_B 10-15-2007 01:18 PM

Yeah, I finally made something up! Er, to be honest my personal 'Wise Man of the East' (i.e. Vanya) had to help me a bit cos am not good at making things up. You might not like it maybe ;) ...dunno? Anyways, it works for me.
Peace and all that!

brightpearl 10-16-2007 03:07 PM

peregrine..

Be careful...I think it's looking at you.

Peregrine 10-16-2007 03:35 PM

Ohh. Cross-forum references. Clever.

brightpearl 10-16-2007 03:49 PM

^:D
--------------------------------------
tunesy,

binge away

craig johnston 10-16-2007 08:00 PM

be nice to pearly

craig johnston 10-17-2007 02:39 PM

Word of the week: Geezer

British English has a large number of informal words for man. Some of the more common examples are bloke, guy and geezer. The latter can be heard in expressions like ‘Dave’s a bit of a geezer’, a use which the Macmillan English Dictionary for Advanced Learners defines as 'a man who you think is involved with illegal or immoral activities'.

Geezer is commonly used to refer to any man whose name you don’t know, as in ‘I was chatting to a couple of geezers in the pub last night’. If someone is a geezer, they may also be overtly masculine and possibly a down-to-earth, plain-speaking type. The word is not synonymous with macho, however, and is roughly the equivalent of the American word dude. An England international footballer once referred to Prince William as ‘a nice, relaxed geezer’. In North America, however, geezer usually refers to elderly men, as in ‘I was walking down the street when this old geezer walked straight into me’.

The origin of geezer is an interesting one. It appears to derive from the now obsolete term guiser, meaning someone who walks around in disguise, a performer in a masquerade. So a word that was used in the Middle Ages to refer to mummers (actors in traditional plays without words) has now simply come to mean bloke.

T.I.P. 10-17-2007 02:56 PM

^ The Streets' album is what taught me that 'geezer' didn't mean 'old man' in UK english.

What if you see me in that window?
You won't help me I know.
That's cool, just keep walking where you go.
Carry on through the estate, stare at the geezers so they know you aint lightweight
And go see your mates
And when they don't look happy
Play them this tape

also

It's now 7:50, getting ready, better be nifty
Do my hair quickly, step out it's cloudy
Mate bells me to borrow money, I got two Henry's and a dealer to pay
Call up on geezers to rip these green trees in my reeking jeans
Got a you think I care air outglaring geezers stares
I'm here and I'm there
Couldn't see past the end of my beer
What was getting near, all the silence after the cheers

and of course

Geezerz need excitement
If their lives don't provide them this they incite violence
Common sense simple common sense

brightpearl 10-17-2007 02:59 PM

^I had no idea geezers could be so fraught with danger. Or so lacking in common sense.
--------------------------------------------------

lukku
I think you'll like this:

craig johnston 10-17-2007 03:17 PM

Best of all:

'Geezers on e's and first timers
kids on whizz, darlins on Charlie
All come together for this party
All races, many faces from places you never heard of
Where you from? What's your name? and what you want?
Sing to the words, flex to the fat one
The tribal drums. the sun's risin. we all smile, we all sing...'

Now that's poetry