ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

brightpearl 01-06-2009 07:18 PM

This is hard.

Movies: I think Bladerunner and maybe something like Hiroshima, Mon Amor or La Jetée.

Books...a good world poetry anthology, maybe A Book of Luminous Things, and a book which I will decline to specify that it is more like the Bible than anything else I can think of.

eta
These are not necessarily my most favorite ones, but they are the ones I think I could continue to get something out of after several hundred times.

Hyakujo's Fox 01-06-2009 09:21 PM

Escaping from Isolated Compounds, Vols I & II

BUT SERIOUSLY!!!!!

Books
Inexhaustable big fat fiction would be the way to go, so Bleak House & The Brothers Karamazov.

Movies
2001: A Space Odyssey (because I'd never completely fathom it) and Groundhog Day (because I'd watch it everyday)

MoJoRiSin 01-06-2009 09:25 PM

^groundhog day is my favorite movie
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

trisherina 01-07-2009 02:29 AM

If I don't get to leave the isolated compound ever again, I guess a good dictionary and City Boy. Entertainment centre, can I just have the entire collection of Norman McLaren shorts? That'll be fine.

Stephi_B 01-07-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 403856)
Thinking quickly here - okay new QOTD:

Are you (generally speaking)
Always early?
Always late?
Or on time?

All of the above if taking into consideration several timezones and/or "soft" time! :)

In single timezones, more like late....

**** New Q for 07012009 ****

¿ From where
[country /-ies, world region(s), (sub-)culture(s), ....]
do you think / believe / imagine / hope will come the major influence on "global culture" the next decades ?

Stephi_B 01-07-2009 10:21 AM

oops, oversaw the lastest question
(my answers: books -- Lord of the Rings & The Alchimist; films: Berlin calling & Momo)
& cannot edit it....

zero 01-07-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 403960)
¿ From where [country /-ies, world region(s), (sub-)culture(s), ....] do you think / believe / imagine / hope will come the major influence on "global culture" the next decades ?

all the movers and shakers these days are saying that auchtermuchty will emerge as the cultural epicentre of the 21st century. in fact i was there recently and can report that it may have already begun.

Coffee 01-07-2009 12:54 PM

I vote for Jamaica!

Oh ja mon!

YsaPur EsChomuw 01-07-2009 01:08 PM

I think Facebook, but I hope: no.

The internet already has a large share, things like twitter, somethingawful, etc.

lukkucairi 01-07-2009 01:17 PM

Ulaanbator.

The Mongolians are organizing on Facebook. I myself already belong to several Mongolian Facebook Groups. Welcome your new cultural overlords, weaklings :)

Stephi_B 01-07-2009 02:01 PM

^YES!! :D (I do have a weakness for Ural-Altaic riders as is well known by now ;))
Plus Ulaanbator is said to have more internet cafes than inhabitants, so....

I think China, India, Indonesia, Singapur, Mongolia (of course!!), maybe UAE and even Iran.... that whole "corner" -- will send out the big vibes, maybe even some pan-Asian culture-amalgam thingie.

I have a super-cool handbag of Chinese brand btw :)

Frieda 01-07-2009 08:00 PM

south american rainforest. keywords are pure, non-industrialized, colorful and organic.

for fashion: pristine, still 2 more years of north pole to come. uggs are becoming really too 2006 right now so fashion shifts to big hats, hunter caps of organic material, ear muffs, and also light pink and green lipstick (think 90's ski lip balm for every day use). wear white with a color of your choice to combine, use different white pieces of clothing with each a different texture and maybe a yellow bracelet to finish it off.

lukkucairi 01-07-2009 08:53 PM

^ dammit, and I just broke down and finally bought a pair of uggs yesterday as they're really the best playa footwear ever invented :p

I'll be sooooo 2006 *sigh*

Frieda 01-07-2009 08:59 PM

^oh, just add led lights and you'll be fine again :D and there's plenty of room to attach a small solar panel on the toes of your boots to make the leds run all night long :)

zero 01-08-2009 06:23 AM

20090108qotd

¿

?