ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

trisherina 10-31-2005 01:47 AM

Jeez, you people are sick.

glasshouse 10-31-2005 06:59 AM

globulicide n. An anti-coagulant that can be taken internally or used to unclog your drain.

Hyakujo's Fox 10-31-2005 07:19 AM

globulicide (n) Any one of a number of chemicals designed to disolve the spattering that accumulates on the walls of microwave ovens.

daverbee 10-31-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales
Globulicider.

Now way can I top this so I'm sitting this one out altogether.
:D :D :D

dinzdale 10-31-2005 04:58 PM

globulicide n.

Death caused by having a lava lamp inserted into a body cavity. First coined after the inventor of the lava lamp's untimely demise at the hands of his sleep-deprived spouse.

Brynn 10-31-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina

Marcus Bales 10-31-2005 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverbee
Now way can I top this so I'm sitting this one out altogether.
:D :D :D

Riiiiiiiiight -- like if you topped it you wouldn't still just ignore pleas to post a new word anyway, causing a brough ha-ha about who was in second place, after the previous winner left it ambiguous, causing chaos and confusion all around the Ze Board, like the last time -- though I think a wiser magistrate would have been satisfied with a fine, given the incident in the Dictionary Game Hoosegow involving -- but enough of that. I think we all recognize that it's better to let that slide unremarked into the past, in spite of the size of the explosion and the amount of money it cost ot smooth over the investigation. I think you're in no position to sit anything out, pally boy -- enter your definition and take the chance that it will be plucked from obscurity however unjustly and put you in the judgment seat.

Play on!

trisherina 11-01-2005 02:20 AM

Happy Hallowe'en, Dictionary Gamers!

globulicide, n. (substance) destroying blood corpuscles.

Hyakujo's Fox wins the Couldn't I just use a damp cloth regularly? award with:
Any one of a number of chemicals designed to disolve the spattering that accumulates on the walls of microwave ovens.

Brynn wins the Girl I want most on my side for the Rapture award with:
the act of inflating one's head to the point of bursting in any way possible to avoid having it malleted and impaled on a dancing stick by an angry mob.

Globulicide can be a fascinating process to watch if one is ever in the position to witness it - but protective clothing is highly recommended.

glasshouse wins the Gee, maybe that word really did have an obvious definition award with:
An anti-coagulant that can be taken internally or used to unclog your drain.

dddrum wins the Triggering Painful Memories* award with:
killing oneself by playing with mercury, rolling it around in the palm of the hand, prodding it with curious fingers. At one time a legal pastime, permitted (even encouraged) in science classes everywhere, nowadays it's a good way to make the evening news and meet one's local hazmat response team in the bargain. Painful toxic reaction and subsequent death comprise the cloud beneath the irresistably shiny silver lining. (Ahh, but it's just so much FUN!!! )

*As a youth, my dad worked in a Munich factory handling great shining gobbets of mercury, quite globulicidally.

dinzdale wins the Damn, you know, I like it, but it makes me squirm award (eponymously) with:

Death caused by having a lava lamp inserted into a body cavity. First coined after the inventor of the lava lamp's untimely demise at the hands of his sleep-deprived spouse.

glasshouse, perhaps sensing the closeness to the mark, came back for another sortie and wins the glasshouse is not a Libertarian award with:
When the localized effects of globalization completely kill off a native people's independence and connection to the land; a type of economic/cultural/socio-spiritual genocide.
"The building of a Wal-Mart in the little town of Danzasi (ficticious example name) resulted in complete globulicide for the native people of the area."

Second and first place were tough. I had to give second place, according to the rules, to xfox for the best definition of the lot:

the orangish, yellowish, brownish phosphorescent that is witches' venom and that runs cold from the graves of every malcontent buried in unvisited yards on Halloween Night. If you step in this stuff, you suffer a fate worse than death.

Marcus Bales deserves and earns the apalling dishonour of hosting the next round with:

the concentrate made by Haemo Maid with which, by merely adding warm water and stirring, Vampire-American consumers who are trying to quit may create that tasty and nutritious concoction, Globulicider.

See you in Hell, Marcus!

Marcus Bales 11-01-2005 07:33 AM

About the way you let Daverbee off the hook like that, Trish, I'll say nothing.

The new word is paralipsis

12"razormix 11-01-2005 07:52 AM

paralipsis, n.

greek method of childbirth.

a childbirth method that prepares mothers for the birth of twins; the pregnant woman practices relaxation exercises derived from the lipsi (a popular dance from the 50s), a technique that gained popularity during a surge of twin births in greece in the early 60s and was rediscovered by new age obstetricians around the world in the 80s.

dinzdale 11-01-2005 11:46 AM

paralipsis, n.

The shic-ingular inabability to convey no lishen, lishen one's really,hic really Ah fugginell, really important urpthought's into indo no, lishen, in-to-oo words due to the the hic theeee the massive conshic-shumption of alchol. al-co-ho^ul. Fugov

*THUMP*

dddrum 11-01-2005 05:49 PM

paralipsis n. - what Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, and Angelina Jolie all have an enormous.

daverbee 11-02-2005 12:56 AM

paralipsis

A hang gliding term describing a certain, graceful arc resulting in the flyer slamming head on into a building.

trisherina 11-02-2005 02:37 AM

paralipsis: a female who at time of presentation despises the three-dot convention, whether or not she has ever used it.

madasacutsnake 11-02-2005 05:42 AM

paralipsis: use of an oxymoron by way of an example during a round of the Dictionary Game; see "new age obstetricians"