ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

Marcus Bales 03-31-2009 08:29 AM

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

lukkucairi 03-31-2009 10:15 AM

we are over the hump :)

Brynn 04-03-2009 01:16 PM

I tried on some old jeans. Not only do they fit again with room to spare, but I've also found three bucks stuffed into the front pocket. Flush with a heady sense of accomplishment, I've done 120 extra sit ups to reward myself.

Now the sun is shining faintly.

Soon I'll run to the coffee shop to tell Rico all about this. He'll be faintly but politely bemused, and scratch his gray stubble. Then I'll spend the three bucks. This will be great because Village Coffee only takes cash, and I never have cash. I'll be wearing my favorite black t-shirt that says
"Ni Franca, Ni Espana
P A I S O S
C A T A L A N
LLiures I Solidaris"

Rico will know a little something about Basque politics.
I'll spend the morning in a sunny window, randomly casting kindergarteners in a play I wrote for them about Cesar Chavez. Today after lunch, I'll teach them to chant "The People, United, Will Never Be Defeated." They're going to really enjoy that.

I will be twittering this shortly in tiny increments, but you heard it here first.
It's all a part of the big publicity push now that I fit into the jeans.

Stephi_B 04-03-2009 02:14 PM

^kudos!! :):):):)

(However, may I add that, although both of them are ni-franca-ni-espana,
Catalans ain't Basques, sorry, please excuse me my wisecrackeredness :o ,
but I gotta have to, for I share office with a half-Catalan and one of my two best friends
used to live in Basque and since then talked off my ears with the Basque thing ;)
but anyway, you sure look hot in that t-shirt!!! :D)

Brynn 04-03-2009 02:38 PM

oops. Thanks Stephi. Good thing I posted safely here first!
My instincts are impeccable today.

The problem is, Rico will want to talk about the Basques anyway. I do not want to set that man straight. He's volatile. He throws pottery.

Stephi_B 04-03-2009 05:08 PM

.... and actually your Catalan t will be the perfect intro to reach via discussing (how my friend calls it) 'the centrifugal forces in Spain' the Basque :) (and if your Rico is like my Annika you might end up with the world revolution ;):D)

Odbe 04-04-2009 03:29 AM

I survived two exams yesterday :D

I'm pretty stoked about the first one; I think I boobed up the second one but it won't affect my final mark so it's a set of coordinates on a learning curve now.

Marcus Bales 04-04-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odbe (Post 409018)
I survived two exams yesterday :D

I'm pretty stoked about the first one; I think I boobed up the second one but it won't affect my final mark so it's a set of coordinates on a learning curve now.

Didja boob it up cuz you were blootered?

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-04-2009 02:15 PM

I cleaned the windows and the gerbil tanks, potted some plants, made an onion-bacon-cheese cake and a sauerkraut-onion-bacon-cheese one, went to vote in the second round of presidential elections and at 8 I'm going to watch Miss Marple on TV. I feel satisfied (but tired).
Also, I'd like to announce that spring lasted cca 3 days here and today it was like summer.

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-05-2009 04:05 AM

We'll have the same fvcker of a president for the next four years. :mad:

lukkucairi 04-05-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw (Post 409025)
Also, I'd like to announce that spring lasted cca 3 days here and today it was like summer.

the snow we had for the past three days hasn't caught up to your side of the globe yet

Marcus Bales 04-05-2009 06:53 PM

I actually have a real announcement:

Judi, Heidi, and I have published VanZeno Press's 8th book, and the 2nd book in the Lyric Series, Don Dixon's Songs 101.

You can see it at www.vanzenopress.com

M

Stephi_B 04-06-2009 06:58 PM

While searching (and finding) a splendid gift, they did catch my eye, and I wanted to have them, and they were only 4 Euro, and now they are dangling on my ears: 6 lil red dice! :) A bit creepy though (cf. my post earlier today in Knigi)

Stephi_B 04-06-2009 07:00 PM

& major congrats to MB and Odbe!!! :):):):)

MoJoRiSin 04-06-2009 08:40 PM

Don Dixon is an amazing poet !
Thank you for turning me on to him Marcus :)
((They play one of his songs on the radio quite often :: "you found me"))
wow

Congratulations !!

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-09-2009 01:41 PM

I did something stupid: downloaded a game from gamefools and with it an unwanted toolbar, too and now I cannot get rid of it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Frieda 04-10-2009 04:28 PM

my coffee machine is broken

zero 04-10-2009 04:33 PM

give it a rub

Frieda 04-10-2009 04:58 PM

i am sorry to inform you that percussive maintenance did not work in this situation
thank you for your kind assistance in this matter

zero 04-10-2009 05:08 PM

suggestion: have TEATIMES instead

zero 04-10-2009 05:30 PM

my LAPSANG SOUCHONG sense tells me she's away in her kitchen having a TEATIME to herself right now

Frieda 04-12-2009 06:01 AM

boo, my mom`s got a tumor, please stand clear while i manipulate the universe into it being benign!

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-12-2009 09:47 AM

^ Ow. I'm sorry.

Here's some magic potion.

madasacutsnake 04-13-2009 03:06 AM

6525 words down

2475 to go

madasacutsnake 04-18-2009 06:02 AM

7312 words

Stephi_B 04-19-2009 06:22 AM

Am finally breathing freely again!! :):)

Stephi_B 04-21-2009 08:19 AM

I've really done it now.
I filled out and submitted the online application form to become teacher in Berlin.
So, dear science circus, you can kma :p, starting Feb 2010, or if they are in need there, and they are in those subjects I can teach (chemistry, physics, mayhap also mathematics) starting this Sep

Marcus Bales 04-21-2009 08:59 AM

I was going to post in the procrastination thread, but I put it off until later.

lukkucairi 04-21-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw (Post 409330)

Here's some magic potion.

^this picture scares me^

I have figured out a hack to rewire the RGB color changing body lights so they will run off AA batteries instead of AG3 button cells

this expands effective run-time from 4 hours into days-long :)

LUKKU HAPPY. MAKE BLINKY. GERRRRRRAAAHHHH!!!

ally 04-22-2009 09:26 AM

I'm still here.

Brynn 04-22-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 409326)
boo, my mom`s got a tumor, please stand clear while i manipulate the universe into it being benign!

Crap, Frieda.
I'm sorry.
Any news?
(thinking good thoughts for her)

Frieda 04-22-2009 04:51 PM

^yeah, my manipulation didn't work :( docs say it's fixable but there's going to be surgery and/or radiation and, well, i'll just say it sucks big blue monkey balls cause i can't find any other words to describe it. she's going through a rough time and it's hard for me to see her in so much pain. thanks for asking, please keep sending good thoughts, i really appreciate it :):)

and ^^ally welcome back, how the hell have you been?? good to see you! :)

lukkucairi 04-22-2009 05:45 PM

^ damn Frieds, sorry - good vibes her way from me too

Frieda 04-22-2009 05:51 PM

^thanks lukku :):)

xfox 04-23-2009 12:17 AM

Frieda, I hope you two can pull through. Good vibes coming your way from here.

MoJoRiSin 04-23-2009 12:36 AM

and here.... always
((when my mother died i was holding her head in my hands thanks be unto whoever positioned her hospital bed in the middle of the room to allow more peole to fit into the room (and perhaps to me taking a 3 day course in craniosacral therapy thus giving me the confidence and natural urge to do it)
(this took place at her house not the hospital)
to this day it feels like god orchestrated the whole thing
the truth is we were never really very close
as mothers and daughters go

"the truth is we were never really very close" >>>>UNTIL THEN AND NOW :)

Odbe 04-23-2009 05:52 AM

Aw Frieds :( :(
Best wishes for you both

Stephi_B 04-23-2009 11:24 AM

Oh my, sorry to hear :(

Sending her & you all good vibes!!

Give her all confidence, positivity and love you have. This helped my grandpa (he had also an operation and radiation therapy and it worked out 100%, every test since then shows zero cancer cells, actually he looks and feels better than for a long time before that all!), the worries my grandma and me had we kept between us, for the sick person is scared enough.

Frieda 04-23-2009 07:15 PM

thanks everybody for the support :):)

it's still kind of weird.. i really don't know what to expect.. i have plenty of TLC but she doesn't want it, she won't accept it yet. hopefully that'll come soon.

thanks again :)

Hyakujo's Fox 04-23-2009 07:27 PM

sorry to hear Frieda, best wishes to you both!

*sending good thoughts* :)