ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mo's Posts (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=16705)

MoJoRiSin 11-19-2009 07:06 PM

hi ho the dairy o the (blank) stands alone

hint: five latters

MoJoRiSin 11-20-2009 11:16 AM

word of the day

Merriam-Webster’s
Word of the Day

November 20
galvanize
\GAL-vuh-nyze\ *

verb

Meaning

1 : to stimulate with an electric current
*2 : to excite or be excited as if by an electric shock
3 : to coat (iron or steel) with zinc; especially : to immerse in molten zinc to produce a coating of zinc-iron alloy
Example Sentence

“The Russians launched a satellite into space, and the sudden realization that we were falling behind galvanized Americans into action.”
— Bill Powell, Newsweek, October 9, 1989

Did you know?

Merriam-Webster, Inc.
47 Federal Street
P.O. Box 281
Springfield, MA 01102
Web site: Merriam-Webster.com

MoJoRiSin 11-20-2009 11:26 AM

here's what mo remembers about 1989.....

.......... "Similar dynamics were at work in 1989 (the previous Jupiter-Neptune opposition). That celestial alignment was accompanied by the dismantling of the Berlin Wall. The events of 1989 marked a time of great shifting, dissolving, and reshaping in the intentions and circumstances of human experience."

MoJoRiSin 11-20-2009 04:36 PM

January 28th is my birthday !!

imagine the odds! :)

http://www.artmarketmonitor.com/2009...m_campaign=rss

MoJoRiSin 11-21-2009 11:43 PM

even this is an unoriginal thought .......

I am sure you have heard of the Nataraja statue.
sometimes it is said that the Lord of the Dance is danceing on the back of a
daemon but i think of ignorance more like this::
instead of a demon he is dancing on the back of a
.baby looking through a magnifying glass at a leaf.

(just my 2c worth)

MoJoRiSin 11-22-2009 12:23 AM

charity
One entry found.
Ads by Google
Heifer Charity Gifts
A charitable gift to Heifer for the holidays helps families in need
www.Heifer.org

Main Entry: char·i·ty
Pronunciation: \ˈcher-ə-tē, ˈcha-rə-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural char·i·ties
Etymology: Middle English charite, from Anglo-French charité, from Late Latin caritat-, caritas Christian love, from Latin, dearness, from carus dear; akin to Old Irish carae friend, Sanskrit kāma love
Date: 13th century
1 : benevolent goodwill toward or love of humanity
2 a : generosity and helpfulness especially toward the needy or suffering; also : aid given to those in need b : an institution engaged in relief of the poor c : public provision for the relief of the needy
3 a : a gift for public benevolent purposes b : an institution (as a hospital) founded by such a gift
4 : lenient judgment of others
synonyms see mercy

MoJoRiSin 11-25-2009 02:58 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~

You know the value of every article of merchandise,
but if you don't know the value of your own soul,
it's all foolishness.
You've come to know the fortunate and the inauspicious stars,
but you don't know whether you yourself
are fortunate or lucky.
This, this is the essence of all sciences—
that you should know who you will be
when the Day of Reckoning arrives.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Qimat-e har kâleh mi dâni keh chist
qimat-e khvod-râ na-dâni ahmaqist
Sa`d-hâ va nahs-hâ dânesteh-'i
na-negari to sa`di yâ nâ-shosteh-'i
Jân-e jomleh-ye `elm-hâ inast in
keh be-dâni man kiam dar Yawm-e Din

-- Mathnawi III: 2653-2654
Version by Camille and Kabir Helminski
"Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance"
Threshold Books, 1996
(Persian transliteration courtesy of Yahyá Monastra)

MoJoRiSin 11-30-2009 02:34 AM

synchronicity is everywhere !!

if you think i saw this earlier today
you are mistaken....

November 29, 2009
And now, The Rolling Shakespeare!

There will be at least two good reasons to move to the French Comedie from December 5 to attend the new staging of The Merry Wives of Windsor (The Merry Wives of Windsor, 1602) by William Shakespeare by Andres Lima : music and the music. First the music of words as the translation was entrusted to Jean-Michel Déprats and Jean-Pierre Richard, one is president of the French Society Shakespeare, he translated for the stage about thirty pieces of the master and he runs the publication of his complete works in the Pleiades, the other has translated many contemporary playwrights from different backgrounds and English, and three pieces of the master or in the hostel of the Garter Wives of the Welsh, the 'Italian and French are scrambling to Irish, Spanish and German, with what is in Flemish, Turkish, Latin, without forgetting a lower class of English and an English pedant again, is almost always full of multilingual puns! What do we mean when we hear words (words) or Worts (warts), coats (coats) and cods (flies)? The translators have much merit to make it in French monolingual. A true "pataques" that emerges from the pen of Shakespeare malapropisms (the French "inappropriately" ...). Listen to what is said Déprats and Richard, how they see "their" room as they are appropriate to the application of the same director:

"The Merry Wives of Windsor is not an insular or provincial number. It explores the presence of languages and customs of European society in English, emphasizes the fluidity of national identities, social hierarchies and linguistic categories, establishes the importance of language skills in social mobility. She says the rise of English in its confrontation with other European languages including French. So she takes the issues raised in Henry V that precedes little Shakespeare in the chronology. If Henry V dramatizes the desire of conquest, The Merry Wives address on the reverse of the coin: the unstable indented English language vis-ŕ-vis the French underground always, always threatening.
copy and pasted from here:

http://translate.google.com/translat....lemonde.fr%2F

if you google pierre assouline and click on "translate this
page"

you will arrive at the same place

copyrighted lettering ;)
pierre assouline
all rites reserved

MoJoRiSin 11-30-2009 02:35 AM

^ i logged onto his site to find his fabulous image of a magic square

MoJoRiSin 11-30-2009 02:37 AM

hey ze,
if you met me when i was five and asked me what my favorite colour was
i had an answer all prepared
i don't have a favorite color
i have two
pink and green
this is the sort of thing one never forgets :)
ox L,Mo
^a square who is sometimes sort of magical
>>>if i do say so myself

MoJoRiSin 11-30-2009 12:19 PM

a tristful harpist ??

what do you suppose that means ?

Merriam-Webster’s
Word of the Day

November 30

tristful

\TRIST-ful\

adjective

Meaning

: sad, melancholy

Example Sentence

"And, come four o'clock, the Winter Garden is packed with tea parties gobbling cucumber sandwiches …, while a tristful harpist completes recollections of rainy afternoons trapped in British seaside palm courts…." (Simon Schama, The New Yorker, May 31, 2004)

Check out Merriam-Webster's NEW word games — Word Sudoku, Deep Sea Word Search and more!

Did you know?

The Middle English word "trist," from which "tristful" is derived, means "sad." Today, we spell this word "triste" (echoing the spelling of a French ancestor), whereas "tristful" has continued to be spelled without the "e." Is there a connection between "triste" ("sad") and "tryst" ("a secret rendezvous of lovers")? Not exactly. "Tryst" can be traced back to a Middle English "trist," but it is a different word, one that was a synonym of "trust." This word eventually fell into disuse, but before doing so, it may have given rise to a word for a station used by hunters, which is in turn believed to have led to "tryst."

*Indicates the sense illustrated in the example sentence.

Sponsored Links

Stephi_B 11-30-2009 01:18 PM

:) Hi MoLeBensLust :)

MoJoRiSin 11-30-2009 07:50 PM

^:) i will admit it took me a few minutes
to "get" that one Stephi...
I hope you realize, in my eyes you are bright beyond measre
just sayin'

MoJoRiSin 12-03-2009 03:04 PM

a call to arms keywords: red balloons : )

Hello Everyone,
If at all possible, (if you are in the US)
Please join my team!
signed:Yours truly and sincerely,
Mo

************************************************** ********admin has sent you a group e-mail from Team DeciNena.

"Welcome DeciNena seekers! If you're receiving this, you should have access to the Seeker Forums on the web site:

http://decinena.com/forum/2

We really really really need to sing up a critical mass of Seekers for this to be successful. Our organizers are getting on this now, but we need your help. We need you to spread the word everywhere you can. Spam your friends and relatives. Send something to any discussion forums or mailing lists you might be on that wouldn't be upset by it. Use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Blogs, e-mail, carrier pigeon or zeppelin!

Please post in this thread letting us know where you are recruiting:
http://decinena.com/content/recruitment-vital

Here's some sample text you might use:

I just joined a team that is competing to win the DARPA Network Challenge, this Saturday December 5th:
http://networkchallenge.darpa.mil/

At stake is $40,000 is prize money that one team will take home. Team DeciNena is offering to share part of the prize money with the actual successful balloon finders, but also part of it with the hard-working folks who go out and participate but aren't lucky enough to find a balloon themselves.

http://decinena.com/

With so few balloons spread across the US, skill and knowledge aren't what will win the game, just having people in the right place is key, so we need everyone, everywhere, to join up and keep their eyes open on Saturday.

Watch the skies!"
************************************************** *************ec
show details 9:51 AM (8 minutes ago)
admin has sent you a group e-mail from Team DeciNena.

In less than 48 hours the balloons will go up. As a team, we are prepared. But, at the size we are now, I don't believe we are competitive.

The goal of this contest is SOCIAL networking. Virtually everyone I see as a user on this site is someone I personally have recruited. Now, we need to push the second and third degrees of networking -- every user on this site needs to go out and push hard to recruit at least one, hopefully two new members. I'm serious about this. Only by pushing the recruitment hard will we be able to grow and win.

We will not be competitive unless we grow, and we may fail as a result.

Once we recruit a new member, we need to push that member themselves to go and recruit two more team members. That's the goal of this game.

We will have an official dry-run tomorrow, but today we'd like to give our submission mechanisms a test so we know everything works, and so Seekers know how to go about submitting.

While you are out today, look for a location where you think a balloon COULD BE tomorrow. Stop, and take a photo of it. Take photos looking in all three other directions too, so we can tell where you are. Check your GPS so you can tell us the exact coordinates of where the "balloon" is. Make some notes about the situation or circumstances ("in the middle of the park at 5th and main street").

Now, come to the web site and file a sighting. It's right there in the top menu.

File it as if it were for real, but in the name field, make sure to add DRYRUN12/3. But other than that, act like it's for real. Attach your image, coordinates and description.

Do it. We need you to do it now, across the US.

MoJoRiSin 12-06-2009 06:11 PM

Merriam-Webster’s
Word of the Day

December 6

lief

\LEEF\

adverb

Meaning

: soon, gladly

Example Sentence

"I thank you for your company; but, good faith,
I had as / lief have been myself alone."
(William Shakespeare, As You Like It)

Check out Merriam-Webster's NEW word games
— Word Sudoku, Deep Sea Word Search and more!

Did you know?

"Lief" began as "lēof"in Old English and has since appeared in many literary classics, first as an adjective and then as an adverb. It got its big break in the epic poem "Beowulf" as an adjective meaning "dear" or "beloved." The adverb first appeared in the 13th century, and in 1390, it was used in John Gower’s collection of love stories, "Confessio Amantis." Since that time, it has graced the pages of works by William Makepeace Thackeray, Alfred Lord Tennyson, and D.H. Lawrence, among others. Today, the adjective is considered to be archaic and the adverb is used much less frequently than in days of yore. It still pops up now and then, however, in the phrases "had as lief," "would as lief," "had liefer," and "would liefer."

*Indicates the sense illustrated in the example sentence.

copywright m-w dot com all rites reseved