View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
The Duke
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
The story did its intended work. We've all stopped thinking about Alberto Gonzales. It also conveniently appeared around the same time as the Democratic debates that boosted Hilary Clinton's poll numbers. If you take a look at the long-range patterns, one might be startled to notice (if one hasn't already) that these things always have a way of conveniently bursting upon the American consciousness just as something is going on that either reflects negatively against the Bush adminstration or positively on something going on across the aisle. Inevitably, the bomb scare in the New York subway, or the "chicken feed scare" or the botched attack on Fort Dix turns out to be based on intelligence that has been sitting around for days, weeks, or sometimes even years. I'm continually astonished at how the public continues to fall for it, as unsubtle as it is.
This time around, I knew as soon as I heard government-controlled Fox News anchors all parroting the same exact talking points that "these latest charges are incredibly specific and hard to dispute!" that once again, something smelled a lot like yet another government-invented crisis.

Don't take my word for it. Just last night, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann did a brilliant report about this very thing, and very meticulously tied eleven separate domestic terrorist "threats" and various alert elevations since 2003 to within days or sometimes even hours of negative press about the White House, or positive Democratic news events. I could see one or two events as coincidental, but not eleven.

This latest may or may not be the same thing. It's really hard to get excited, and I admit, I've hardly listened this time. Reading things here hasn't really filled me in much either, unfortunately. What worries me more is when Republican senators longingly say things like "What we really need is a big event like 9/11 to make people realize how dangerous these people are!"

Well I beg to differ about the Gonazales deal , Why is everyone making such a fuss about some fired US Attorney's anyway ?

When Clinton took Office he cleaned His US Attorney house as well by firing all of them , and no one made a single peep about that .

Maybe the Dems should consider themselves lucky that if this Foiled Terror plot takes Americas attention away from anything , it will be the bad business of their crooked Louisiana Congressman William Jefferson who got caught red handed for Graft and corruption .
But I don't think so ...the JFK terrorists are awaiting indictment and trial now , and so is Jefferson as anyone could guess .

What doesn't suprise me is the fact that Nancy Pelosi is not busy drumming this guy out of office , and the MSM likes of CBS , MSNBC and other majors are quietly sweeping the whole thing under the rug as far as publications go.

No one is beating drums about this guys 16 counts of bribery , maybe he should change his name to Tom Delay , or Scooter Libby ....

Scooter Libby is an interesting model of political jusrisprudence , they sentenced him to 2 years for Lying , How long are they gonna jail Jefferson for stealing then ?

Fox News is government Controlled ? Did someone inform Rupert Murdock about this yet ?

Last edited by The Duke : 06-06-2007 at 01:08 PM.