View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #9
Random Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

I have always been suspicious of the MSM anyway , they are not into informing the general public , but instead want to sell sensationalism and fiction in it's place ....thats called entertainment .
As you should be, however it is not only the MSM of which you should be leary. Each media outlet has reasons for reporting the news as they do and "the public's right to know (the truth)" is at the very bottom of the list.

Quote:
I think Fox is a small part of a much larger problem that we all face concerning the unscrupulous purveyors of misinformation in the MSM.
Agreed. Fox is no worse than it's competition, whether they are better or not is up to one's personal view.

Quote:
Abe Lincoln said it best: "You can fool some of the People all of the time , all of the people some of the time , but you can't fool all of the people all of the time "
Wise words, however it is generally accepted that P. T. Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute."
The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. ~ Dave Berry