ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > CURRENT EVENTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2004, 06:13 AM   #1
Large Marge
monkey

Movie: What the Bleep do we know?

Has anyone seen the movie? Aside from the annoying animation, I thought the entry level exploration of quantum physics was enlightening.

Thoughts?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:12 PM   #2
Saxifrage
monkey

Word of advice, always post a link.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/

I haven't seen it but it looks interesting, will have to check it out.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:32 AM   #3
Large Marge
monkey

It was a very interesting movie. I can't believe no one's seen it.

It was a little over-animated, though.

But I spent as much time thinking about it afterward as I did when I saw Memento for the first time.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:01 PM   #4
beep

you might have to use the "day pass" to view this, but it's worth it.

http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/200...eep/index.html
Old 12-08-2004, 04:16 AM   #5
Large Marge
monkey

Very interesting story; thanks for the link.

The movie has very little to do with "Ramtha" but was more about the idea that there is something bigger out there: and it's SCIENCE, not God, necessarily.

I think a lot of people can come away from that movie with a lot of different viewpoints.

Personally, the movie made me think of Buddhism.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:40 PM   #6
beep

i haven't seen the film yet, but i will check it out. i do believe that science rules over any notion of a "god", but i have a general distrust of religions that take the provable facts of science and then attribute their own interpretations and characteristics to them.

for example, i enjoy a lot of aspects of wicca especially those involving energy, herbal healing, meditation, etc., but i'm not ready to go as far as believing in gods and goddesses. energy, yes, but not a conscious willful being.

(rambling...warning, i do that a lot)
Old 12-10-2004, 04:12 AM   #7
Large Marge
monkey

Quote:
Beep said: i haven't seen the film yet, but i will check it out. i do believe that science rules over any notion of a "god", but i have a general distrust of religions that take the provable facts of science and then attribute their own interpretations and characteristics to them.

for example, i enjoy a lot of aspects of wicca especially those involving energy, herbal healing, meditation, etc., but i'm not ready to go as far as believing in gods and goddesses. energy, yes, but not a conscious willful being.

(rambling...warning, i do that a lot)
You are NOT rambling.

I distrust religion as well. I grew up Episcopalian (dad was a reverend - and an a**hole), then I was an athiest for nine years trusting completely in science and nature, and then I had a personal experience that forced me to question that. That's when the search for an honest religion began.

It's been a long search.

My two favorite are: Buddhism and the Baha'i Faith. I'm leaning toward Buddhism. It's all about not trusting and finding the way yourself. It's about the search for truth. At least, that's what I got out of it.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:50 PM   #8
Saxifrage
monkey

Quote:
I distrust religion as well. I grew up Episcopalian (dad was a reverend - and an a**hole), then I was an athiest for nine years trusting completely in science and nature, and then I had a personal experience that forced me to question that. That's when the search for an honest religion began.

It's been a long search.

My two favorite are: Buddhism and the Baha'i Faith. I'm leaning toward Buddhism. It's all about not trusting and finding the way yourself. It's about the search for truth. At least, that's what I got out of it. [/b]
My father was a Baha'i for a short period of time back in the seventies, we continued to recieve their literature for years afterward. They seem harmless enough. I have my own complicated mode of spiritual thinking that has little or nothing to do with judeo-christianity. I distrust any religion or religious individual who seeks to force their beliefs upon me.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #9
Large Marge
monkey

Ditto. Or WORSE, when one religion believes it should rule by majority.

My mother sits on a "spiritality committee" and people from about 20 different religions sit on it with her. There was great debate this year about how to celebrate the Christmas holidays at work. The Christian became very upset because the group voted that representations of Christ shouldn't be allowed, because then, to be fair, they'd need to include every other religious icon. He felt that, because Christianity is the major religion in America, that they should be allowed the icons.

Religion is not a democracy.

It just kills me that he was that insensitive to other people's beliefs. He truly thought that what he believed was more important than everyone else's beliefs. The arrogance!

Why did your dad leave the Baha'i's?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: