ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #61
Earthling
Human User

Cool Let's face it...

If any message board, suddenly gets a large influx of humans, it opens questions by the usual posters.

And when this new 'group' is use to a different style of usage, it can seem out-of-step.

But so far I've seen great humour & wit here. Perhaps (cough, cough) some came on too strong... Nice here, and I like knowing that unfunny insults are kept to a minimum.
*it's just a social adjustment, tis my pleasure *
~and I can't wait till I figure out all the cool features~
Old 05-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #62
Robin
banned

Aubreyvgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audreyvgs View Post
I saw that on that other message board, man, what a load of crap. We've had problems here before, but nothing that didn't disappear in time, and nobody that was any good at the computer or hiding anything well. General spammers get taken care of by dedicated non-staff.

Read up, i edited about Duke, and this need not be a funeral.
Not quite sure if you're talking to me with no header. I'm kind of used to the ICQ pager system that informs of a reply. If you are talking to me, thanks for the helpful words. I can understand Zs and others concern about our abrupt arrival and talk of the war on our home board . The people who moved here are all good folks with many points of view from left to very right who I believe are prepared to treat people with respect.

Regards

Robin
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #63
Robin
banned

Hiya Bob ;-))))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious View Post
22 ounce estwing smacks the the spike dead on..Knew there was a reason I liked you Robin..Can i play now?
I think you're allowed to play in here ;-)))) Not sure. I'm pretty sure we can't play the way we're used to. ;-)))))))

However, I think I'm gonna visit the homeboard ;-)))))) For sure I can play there. ;-))))) Time to bug Mo.

R
Old 05-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #64
Tennessee Man
monkey

Do You Rember???????

Thanks for registering at ZEFRANK.COM - message board! We are glad you
have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your
stay.

All the best,
ZEFRANK.COM - message board

This is the message that all ZEFRANK.COM new users recieve shortly after regestering at their private email address provided. Lets break it down just a bit, why don't we. Other than the part about being part of this community & enjoy your stay. I see no mention of rules, written or implied. Now where was our mistake, believing what was emailed to us. If Duke is guilty, then all the ICQ/CE Newbies are. This welcome email was an excellent chance to establish board policy. Trying to do it after the fact, is lame. If I get barred for speaking my mind, at least I won't be alone.

Tennessee Man
Tennessee Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:01 AM   #65
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audreyvgs View Post
eta: the reason Aubrey wasn't given that much crap is because both her oars go way far into the water. She would be welcome at any message board she deigned grace with her presence, no doubt.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #66
bobnoxious
banned

Well put

Repeat..The good ones came here(except the bug) and have no intention other than that of talk,debate and humour..I know most veterans here have already taken a walk into the Darkside [i][that being a forum we shall not mention here/I] and are forever damaged..Sorry..These are good folk and should be treated as such..Me?..Just an asshole waiting for the C E Throne..Give them a chance..Hey Frank!..Nice board..Cool toys..
bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:15 AM   #67
kjh62
Custom User Title

Thoughts

Seems a little rash, to me, to just ban someone -- without a prior warning -- for voicing their opinion. I realize Duke can be a little much to take for the uninitiated. But if you're going to host a CE board, you can expect some extreme political views. If people don't like them, they can ignore them -- or post their own thoughts on why they were offended. If someone gets way out of line with abuse of other members, then I can see giving them the boot.

I understand the dynamics of message board communities all too well. And when newbies blow in like we did, it can rub the regulars the wrong way. We're all adults here, however. I think we can get the feel of the place and get along just fine.
kjh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:34 AM   #68
Medic54

Unhappy Bob, Robin, Kent, Red, TM

I thought this board was gonna be different but it appears that someone from here is posting what is said here on the CE board. Once again I see my name plastered on the CE board. Not that I'm worried about someone paying me a visit or calling my house. This board isn't safe to post on. I'm going back to the madhouse where I know what's said there stays there. I'm outta here. Cya when I see ya.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #69
bobnoxious
banned

Hey Franko

got your ban button handy?..**** you asshole..

:: while i am saddenned to lose such a clever and thoughtful poster...i will respect your wishes. you will be missed bobnoxious. dearly.
bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #70
nowhereman
monkey

Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic54 View Post
I thought this board was gonna be different but it appears that someone from here is posting what is said here on the CE board. Once again I see my name plastered on the CE board. Not that I'm worried about someone paying me a visit or calling my house. This board isn't safe to post on. I'm going back to the madhouse where I know what's said there stays there. I'm outta here. Cya when I see ya.
Are you referring to me? I only mendtioned you over there because you came in posted to say hi to people and to let eveyone know you were still reading the board. I asked a question of you that will stay there, won't be mentioned again. You can read it and take from it what you will. That is the end of it on my part.

Everyone else, I have no problems debating in a friendly spirited form but I have to defend Duke on this. If they don't Unban him and let him return then I am outta here to look for greener pastures. I'm tired of all the drama.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:49 AM   #71
Robin
banned

NWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Are you referring to me? I only mendtioned you over there because you came in posted to say hi to people and to let eveyone know you were still reading the board. I asked a question of you that will stay there, won't be mentioned again. You can read it and take from it what you will. That is the end of it on my part.

Everyone else, I have no problems debating in a friendly spirited form but I have to defend Duke on this. If they don't Unban him and let him return then I am outta here to look for greener pastures. I'm tired of all the drama.

Medic wasn't talking about you. One of the anons posted his home address, thats what he's talking about.

R
Old 05-05-2007, 12:50 AM   #72
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

My only advice to the few, the proud, the ICQ is to take a little time and effort to learn something about context before you go off half-cocked. Context includes having some awareness about where others might be coming from -- others aside from the people you all know from Old Home Week. Since Ze has seen fit to archive posts going back to the beginning, a little effort might save you from looking clumsy. Of course, you are free not to care about looking clumsy. Me, I don't much like to yell fudgepacker at a gay bar (unless I see someone about to put chocolate fondant in a tight-fitting envelope). But it may be the height of thrill-seeking to you.

As a Canadian, I was amused to see the latest responses in the CE thread I started ages ago. Judging by his avatar, I'm pretty sure Hyakujo's Fox is pretty amused to learn he's an Aussie.

I'm okay with amusement, if that's what you're putting up. But Ze's the one who pays the rent.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #73
nowhereman
monkey

trisherina

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
My only advice to the few, the proud, the ICQ is to take a little time and effort to learn something about context before you go off half-cocked. Context includes having some awareness about where others might be coming from -- others aside from the people you all know from Old Home Week. Since Ze has seen fit to archive posts going back to the beginning, a little effort might save you from looking clumsy. Of course, you are free not to care about looking clumsy. Me, I don't much like to yell fudgepacker at a gay bar (unless I see someone about to put chocolate fondant in a tight-fitting envelope). But it may be the height of thrill-seeking to you.

As a Canadian, I was amused to see the latest responses in the CE thread I started ages ago. Judging by his avatar, I'm pretty sure Hyakujo's Fox is pretty amused to learn he's an Aussie.

I'm okay with amusement, if that's what you're putting up. But Ze's the one who pays the rent.
Ze is not the god of vBulletin boards. Yes, there are plenty of them on the net and if we need to find another one we will. I know I haven't said this before but I'm going to say it now. This group of people is a fun interesting group of diverse people I have enjoyed sparring and debating with over time. I will go where they go. The ze board is not going to make or break this great group of people. We have all survived more than you can all possibly imagine. We are all thick skinned and tough.

:: i like you nowhereman. at least you get to the point. you came here because it was a vbulletin platform...for the functionality, not because of the people. and you are right, there are plenty of other vbulletin boards out there...hell you could even buy a copy and set one up yourself. thick skinned and tough are two attributes that are better suited for a gang than a friendly community - that much is becoming clear.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:02 AM   #74
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Man, it was time. How long's it been since we had a good ol' fashioned message board drama?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefrank View Post
subjective? of course it is. what do you think a group of people writing text to each other is? you think a rulebook will somehow alleviate your responsibility to learn to get along with people here?

ok.

the rulebook is bright green and gilded in gold. inside there is a single page. it reads : "don't be an asshole"

edited to add:

i forgot - on the back of that page it says (in italics): "unless you are funny"
*slow golf clap*

also
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowheredude
I'm tired of all the drama.
Then stop perpetuating it. Pretty simple, no? Ever see the movie Grease, the part where they race for "pinks"? Remember the first thing Craterface says? No? Let me refresh your memory, because the same applies to the ZeFrank.com boards: "The rules are, there ain't no rules!" There are merely guidelines, because Ze doesn't want his posters to feel stilted.

But when you asked for rules, Ze was quick to point out guidelines. You asked about Duke, and were told the ban is temporary. That means Ze might need a few days to figure things out. You asked why the CE forum was closed. Ze explained why, and that it won't be opened up for a bit. When things die down, he might reopen it. He's cool like that.

In the meantime, have a donut & some coffee. Look around, we're pretty great if I do say so myself.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #75
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Ze is not the god of vBulletin boards. Yes, there are plenty of them on the net and if we need to find another one we will. I know I haven't said this before but I'm going to say it now. This group of people is a fun interesting group of diverse people I have enjoyed sparring and debating with over time. I will go where they go. The ze board is not going to make or break this great group of people. We have all survived more than you can all possibly imagine. We are all thick skinned and tough.
http://www.forumforfree.com/
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: