|08-13-2008, 09:05 AM||#3633|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Well, I used up at least one when I almost got canned by that truck on New Year's Day this year...no other really close calls that I know of.
|08-13-2008, 10:22 AM||#3634|
Join Date: Jan 2003
I'm going to say four, Bob.
- youthful indiscretion
- the time I was on my way to a funeral and a gravel truck went ERRRR! and the driver jumped out waving his arms and jumping up and down because I had made a right turn directly into his path
- the period between the preliminary hearing and the trial date
- adult indiscretion
Because how we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. -- Annie Dillard
|08-13-2008, 02:44 PM||#3638|
Join Date: Mar 2007
well let's see
bitten by 20 wasps as a wee kid
cliff climbing with flip flops
losing a wheel on the autobahn
going face to face with a semi-trailer truck in Spain
there are undoubtedly other ones
i'd say i've used up at least 5 or 6
|08-13-2008, 03:28 PM||#3639|
Join Date: Oct 2003
Until the day I wake up looking at fluorescent hospital lighting fixtures...i'm gonna say 0...and knock on wood.
|08-13-2008, 03:34 PM||#3641|
° ★ °
Join Date: May 2004
|08-13-2008, 03:53 PM||#3643|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Netherlands
i think i'm using my 7th life right now
got hit by a baseball on my throat
had a nasty stalker with a knife after me
dodged 4 wheelie bins falling from the truck that was driving in front of me at 120km/h
and i swear i'm not going to fwk this one up
edited to add: i only thought i was going to die twice of all these events-- the wheelie bin incident on the highway and the anafylactic shit. the other times i wasn't really worried. the doctors were, though.
zoek waar je wil, maar het zit in jezelf
Last edited by Frieda : 08-13-2008 at 03:56 PM.
|08-13-2008, 10:26 PM||#3644|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: in the labyrinth of shared happiness
okay, let's see
- in seventh grade, every day when I walked the neighbor's dog, being stalked by Timmy (the 21-year-old neighbor guy who burned down his parents' house and threatened to kill them) because I was "the only one who was ever nice to him." My brother told me he was "crazier than a three-dollar bill", then told my parents and then I lost my dog-walking job. Not sure if that really counts.
-teenage suicide attempt. What a lucky idiot.
-a couple of drug-related incidents
-talked my way out of a kidnapping situation. Again, I was a lucky idiot.
-got a bad feeling about a creep once, turned him down and then saw his composite drawing on the news the next day, wanted for murder.
-cancer survivor - that was kind of a biggie.
I'm pretty sure I'm immortal and cat rules do not apply, but if they did, I'd have at least one more coming.
1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.
3. Your foot will change direction.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|