ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
TruthSeeker
monkey

How would your life change?

How would your life change if you found out you only have a month left to live?. Yes, this is a question we don't like to think about. It is far easier to just wake up every day and ignore what we know will eventually happen. We have no assurance to life, even though some may actually believe that the government guarantees us "the right to life". Any number of things can snuff out our life. Some try to latch onto the idea that science will eventually allow us to live forever. I won't debate the idea that it won't happen some day, but we at least need assume that it won't happen anytime this century. So I repeat my question; How WOULD YOUR LIFE change if you found out you only have a month left to live? For me the answer boils down to family and friends. If I could trade a life of luxury, riches, and fame for a simple life focused on those who are important to me, I'd pick the latter. In a way I'm lucky because this question has already been forced upon me while I still have time. This leads me to my point. Please stop putting off for tomorrow what you should be doing today. Think about those that are important in your life. Many of you may not be given even a month or a day, or an hour to reflect on this important question.

Last edited by TruthSeeker : 09-13-2006 at 12:19 PM.
TruthSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
zenbabe
Lollypop!

lots and lots of sex and I would eat anything that wasn't nailed down.

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
ambo
feline, naturally

sounds good to me - the last part, I mean
Old 09-13-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
TruthSeeker
monkey

Ya, iguess there would be lot's of that going on.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I'd plan my memorial, print a hard copy of the rat diary, and spend the remainder of my time with two people, a dog, and a ready supply of bacon. Oh, and I'd smoke a lot.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
TruthSeeker
monkey

I used to smoke, but quit years ago even though I would love to start back up today. The only reason I don't is my risk of pnemonia. But yes, smoking does offer a lot of comfort aside from the ill effects of smoking.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Mushrooms

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbabe
lots and lots of sex and I would eat anything that wasn't nailed down.
So it wouldnt change your life at all then?
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
Brynn
constantly amazed

I think the first thing I'd do is probably get on the phone and do a lot of apologizing. Then I'd get busy disbursing everything I own - I don't want there to be even a scrap left behind that isn't in someone else's hands or in a dumpster.

It would be hard not to feel lonesome. Some say it puts you into a completely different country and you start to feel kind of alien, like a visitor.

How are things going for you, TS? I'd be angry, scared, grateful, emotional, angry, fearless, panicky, angry - just guessing though. I'd slow way down. Certain things that seem important right now would suddenly fall into perspective, I'd expect. i'd quit my fvckin job. I'd pray a lot - for peace/grace/a miracle.

Everyone has a death sentence on their heads, but I'm glad I don't know when my number's up - I worry because I can picture myself twisting and contorting and wasting the time with regrets and tears instead of soaking in what's left to soak up, and using what's left of the time to love extravagantly.

Just a month, huh? How much time are they telling you?
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #10
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

I'd kill every-one who had ever pissed me off.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #11
TruthSeeker
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn
I think the first thing I'd do is probably get on the phone and do a lot of apologizing. Then I'd get busy disbursing everything I own - I don't want there to be even a scrap left behind that isn't in someone else's hands or in a dumpster.

It would be hard not to feel lonesome. Some say it puts you into a completely different country and you start to feel kind of alien, like a visitor.

How are things going for you, TS? I'd be angry, scared, grateful, emotional, angry, fearless, panicky, angry - just guessing though. I'd slow way down. Certain things that seem important right now would suddenly fall into perspective, I'd expect. i'd quit my fvckin job. I'd pray a lot - for peace/grace/a miracle.

Everyone has a death sentence on their heads, but I'm glad I don't know when my number's up - I worry because I can picture myself twisting and contorting and wasting the time with regrets and tears instead of soaking in what's left to soak up, and using what's left of the time to love extravagantly.

Just a month, huh? How much time are they telling you?
Well I'm OK for now, but I get hints( but won't know until next Friday) that it may be growing back. If it is they are likely tell me around 6 months. I don't listen to heir stats though. I'm still hopeful that miracle. Yes you are right bought everyone having a death sentence. That's why I started this thread. It seems like a obvious question, but I imagine that it is one that gets ignored quite a bit. I know I used to. I don't dwell on it too much, but it has changed how I use my time.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:34 AM   #12
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasacutsnake

HAHAHAHA. It will probably take more than a month to get through your list
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:38 AM   #13
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Keep flying the airplane til the mountainside fills up the windscreen.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:55 AM   #14
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasacutsnake
I have a place to bury and eventually burn them.

1. Anything that has ever caused me stress/ emotional incongruities would be addressed.

(list to continue. I would probably need a couple of weeks or so to perfect it. Being a mean and bitter person, I estimate I will likely live until my 80's, unless a bus comes around that I don't see.)
l'azizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:32 AM   #15
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne
HAHAHAHA. It will probably take more than a month to get through your list
That thought did occur to me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: