ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
2008 Election

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

answer a few questions and get the candidates ranked in order of your preference.

Me: Dennis Kucinich at the top, Mitt Romney at the bottom.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
I favor stiff fines for employers who hire illegal immigrants, a security fence along the border, and a denial of citizenship to children born here of parents who are in the U.S. illegally. I oppose any form of amnesty.
holy crap, what candidate is saying that???
Old 11-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Angry Kid Hoyt
How long was I asleep?

ME:
Top = Barack Obama
Bottom = Mike Huckabee
Angry Kid Hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
auntie aubrey
excursions

also, every quiz i've ever seen places EVERY left leaning participant under dennis kucinich first. why? it's easy. he rides the easiest issues so if you lean left to any degree at all you come right out underneath him.

kucinich is a nutball and i refuse to recognize him as a candidate. so i've omitted him from my results:

Joe Biden - Score: 35
Chris Dodd - Score: 35
Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama - Score: 34

i'm not surprised, i was just saying the other day my ideal ticket would be biden/dodd. not a snowball's chance in hell, though.

worst match: Mitt Romney - Score: 5
Old 11-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

Top = Clinton/Obama
Bottom = Huckabee/Thompson

I always worry that these quizzes are rigged. But so far, it seems like we're yielding different answers. Gooood!
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Huckabee/Thompson on bottom
Obama on top

Oooooooooooooohbama. I'd like to line-item his veto.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Kucinich is an intelligent, articulate, and up-front guy. If he looked like Mitt Romney he'd be elected.

As for the fence thing, none of the questions were reflective of my view, which is that we ought to be the brain repository of the world. If you're smart enough to want to come here, we want you.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #8
Klynne
monkey

Biden was my top Paul my bottom
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #9
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
Kucinich is an intelligent, articulate, and up-front guy. If he looked like Mitt Romney he'd be elected.
you'll just have to take my word for it: i don't dislike him because of his appearance. i value more important things in my candidates. things like not claiming to have seen a UFO. you know, sanity.

oh yeah, and not claiming that NAFTA is the biggest threat to the US when it's embroiled in an unjustified war that's threatening to topple our economy.

Quote:
As for the fence thing, none of the questions were reflective of my view, which is that we ought to be the brain repository of the world. If you're smart enough to want to come here, we want you.
i don't think wanting to come here is necessarily a "smart" decision. or any smarter than living anywhere else.

ooooh man, now would be a great time for a politics forum to show up!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #10
Klynne
monkey

Quote:

Me too on the fence thing. The whole concept of a fence is stupid. Why not plant land mines? Just kidding of course (about land mines). I do have a co-worker that think land mines would be a good deterrent. WTF?

I do believe that one should go through the proper way of immigrating into our country. I have two sister-in-laws from Thailand that immigrated through the proper channels and it was a bunch of work for my brothers to accomplish this. So, just granting citizen status for the illegal immigrants that are here, does not work for me either, in fairness to the people that went through the legal means.

I am not opposed to a guest worker program. So I guess I am all over the place with this.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:18 AM   #11
topcat
monkey

i have never wanted to leave this country more than i do right now. the damge bush and cheney have done will never be corrected. i had so much hope when the dems took control of the house and senate but they did nothing. it really doent matter who you vote for. america is a one party country.

This is an internet bulletin board.

Nothing more. Nothing less
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:06 AM   #12
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

After preferences, mine came out as Rudd.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #13
Marcus Bales

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie aubrey View Post
... i value more important things in my candidates. things like not claiming to have seen a UFO. you know, sanity.
SEEING a UFO is your definition of insanity? Do you know what the acronym stands for? It's "unidentified flying object". Unidentified. Now you may instantly leap to the unwarranted conclusion that anyone who has seen something unidentified is insane, but that seems pretty extreme to me.

Quote:
oh yeah, and not claiming that NAFTA is the biggest threat to the US when it's embroiled in an unjustified war that's threatening to topple our economy.
Hard to parse this sentence, since you seem to have left out a word, and I'm not sure what you mean by "and not claiming" given that you seem to think that it has embroiled us, which is something like what he does claim. It seems as if you are using your agreement with his position to say that's why you disagree with him.

Quote:
i don't think wanting to come here is necessarily a "smart" decision. or any smarter than living anywhere else.
In the history of the world there have been no luckier people than those who have freely come to, or been born in, the US. It is undeniable that there are significant problems here, but the 300 million people in the US live like kings and queens compared to how almost everyone else in history has ever lived, and compared to how people in the 2nd and 3rd worlds live. The vast majority of the 6 billion people alive today live lives of such squalid poverty that homelessness in the US looks like an example of wealth and happiness.

As I said, there are lots of things I'd like to see changed about US policies at home and abroad, and there are many inequities that need to be reduced, but for the same reason that the smart kids from the farm want to go to the city, the smart folks from around the world want to come here. Not all of them want to, and not all that want to try to get here, but in general, as a broad policy, I think it's in the best interests of the US to encourage rather than discourage immigration.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #14
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
i have never wanted to leave this country more than i do right now. the damge bush and cheney have done will never be corrected. i had so much hope when the dems took control of the house and senate but they did nothing. it really doent matter who you vote for. america is a one party country.
you're a mind reader.

edit: to marcus: i guess i'm uncomfortable with arrogantly proclaiming the US to be the smartest final destination for residents of other countries. i'm sure our members here from, oh let's just pick a few countries at random, germany, australia, the UK would probably disagree that they would be "smarter" if they chose to move to the US. or someone choosing to move to the US would be smarter than if they moved to, say, australia.

i think we're debating semantics, though. i'm pro-immigration and i believe in letting people in. i have a problem with the ramifications of illegal immigration, though, so i would like to see a change that helps put illegals on the records and finds a way to protect both their and our rights.

Last edited by auntie aubrey : 11-17-2007 at 04:29 PM.
auntie aubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #15
Anna
n

Last edited by Anna : 11-17-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: