ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
Coffee
Cheeses Save

The Yranoitcid Game

Yes, it is "Reversed Dictionary" game.

In this thread the judge provides a "definition" and the contestants provide an imaginary word that, in their opinion, best fits the "definition"...and use that word in a sentence to illustrate the concept.

The first Def. is:

That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Avalon

All I can say is that at my house, I get called OCD..erm..I mean IT gets called OCD.

ETA Not actually playing the game..just making a confession of sorts.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx

Last edited by Avalon : 04-15-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

oubliorumpia n. That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day

"Confound it!", said Lecherous Old Fogey Dinzdale at lunchtime, "Those bloody dentures have got to be somewhere." When he sat down to think and heard the snap in his back pocket, he felt a double dose of oubliorumpia.

Last edited by funkytuba : 04-15-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added sentence usage per Judge's request
funkytuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:33 AM   #4
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Dorkabilly - That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Please also use your words in a sentence. Or frankly this game won't be as fun to read or judge.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
lostsadie
Pigmy person...

Deja rue~That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day

Father Williams, as he left his house early Sunday morning couldn't shake the deja rue feeling hovering about him. He checked his coat pocket for the third time finding yet again his keys just where they should be, he firmly adjusted his leather bound bible beneath his arm, checked his hair to be sure it was combed in the glass on his door, adjusted his wire rimmed glasses, and shrugged. Everything seemed to be in order. he walked the short block to the church and opened the door with his key.

Behind him Eugene stared at him through her kitchen window, mouth hanging open...the old priest had left his house without his pants on and he was wearing black satin under shorts with kiss marks on them...
Old 04-15-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

HAHAHA!!
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

hippolepsy That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day.

The sun was shining and Candace hummed along to U2 as she downshifted for the exit, nearly T-boning a Lego-blue Versa when sudden hippolepsy made her recall that she'd stabbed the probe for the slow cooker into the vegetables rather than the meat.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #9
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Senilophobia

That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day.

Having reached work and noting to himself that he had, indeed, turned off the iron, the stove, and the blow dryer, Claude was suddenly stricken with senilophobia when he realized he couldn't remember whether he had let the cat, suffering from a severe case of diarrhea, out of the house.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
Brynn
constantly amazed

disastronomy

As she was leaving, Blanche got a call from an inside source telling her that the private grant to fund her disastronomy experiments might very well come through, but she became her own first test subject as she backed her car out of the driveway.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #11
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Judging of the first round of the The Yranoitcid Game will be on Saturday...only cuz i'm working 12 hour days and can't find the time during the week to do a "proper" judging.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #12
Coffee
Cheeses Save

And it is time for the first judging of the The Yranoitcid Game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcus Bales is disqualified for not including a sentance (...and frankly, without pulling any punches...the word sucked too ) with his entry:
Dorkabilly - That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day.

Brynn gets an hororable mention for the slight "astronomy" reference ( a hobby of the judge's) with:
disastronomy

As she was leaving, Blanche got a call from an inside source telling her that the private grant to fund her disastronomy experiments might very well come through, but she became her own first test subject as she backed her car out of the driveway.

Daverbee also recieves hororable mention for his "almost there and not looking forward to" entry:
Senilophobia

Having reached work and noting to himself that he had, indeed, turned off the iron, the stove, and the blow dryer, Claude was suddenly stricken with senilophobia when he realized he couldn't remember whether he had let the cat, suffering from a severe case of diarrhea, out of the house.

Trisherina also recieves an honorable mention for the lovely dyslexicesque situation described in her entry:
hippolepsy

The sun was shining and Candace hummed along to U2 as she downshifted for the exit, nearly T-boning a Lego-blue Versa when sudden hippolepsy made her recall that she'd stabbed the probe for the slow cooker into the vegetables rather than the meat.

Lostsadie is our runner up with a very funny scenario offered with a terrific word:
Deja rue~
That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day

Father Williams, as he left his house early Sunday morning couldn't shake the deja rue feeling hovering about him. He checked his coat pocket for the third time finding yet again his keys just where they should be, he firmly adjusted his leather bound bible beneath his arm, checked his hair to be sure it was combed in the glass on his door, adjusted his wire rimmed glasses, and shrugged. Everything seemed to be in order. he walked the short block to the church and opened the door with his key.

Behind him Eugene stared at him through her kitchen window, mouth hanging open...the old priest had left his house without his pants on and he was wearing black satin under shorts with kiss marks on them...

Funytuba takes the blue ribbon of Word Crafting and gets bonus points for biting our favorite arse in the arse and becomes the first winner of the Yranoitcid Game with:

oubliorumpia n. That sense of uncertain dread that you may have left the house and forgotten some important detail or item...something that you are certain will end up biting you in the arse later in the day

"Confound it!", said Lecherous Old Fogey Dinzdale at lunchtime, "Those bloody dentures have got to be somewhere." When he sat down to think and heard the snap in his back pocket, he felt a double dose of oubliorumpia.

Take it away Funkster!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #13
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Woot! Ok, Here it comes:

n. Any object which, upon finding it while moving, evokes an emotion from an earlier period in one's life
(or) V. To invest an object with such a sentiment

As Coffee required in the last game, please use your word in a sentence
Old 04-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #14
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Nostalgiowhatsit

n. Any object which, upon finding it while moving, evokes an emotion from an earlier period in one's life

While packing for the move from home to my first year of college, I was humbled by the Nostalgiowhatsit I found between the mattress and box springs of my bed.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:08 PM   #15
T.I.P.
balancing actor

Funkyprouster

As he was clearing his shelves, a picture of Anna, his first kiss, fluttered to the ground. Remembering the mixture of lust and vivid pain he had felt while cutting his mouth on her braces made him realize that he had just stumbled upon something special - a genuine funkyprouster.
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: