ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > CURRENT EVENTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #121
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging
 
Hyakujo's Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 10,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
I see guys like Duke here and there, and being disliked or disdained is not likely to deter him. He doesn't want to preach to the choir, as he's already said, and he doesn't want to pet your kitty. Most people over the age of 12 don't really think that someone's mind will be changed about an important issue via engaging in message board dialogue. But he knows that for every one person who posts invective, there are another five reading along, saying nothing one way or the other, but reading what he's posting and thinking about it. That's the big payoff for Duke.
Well, I think he's mostly a provocateur, and the reactions he gathers confirm to him his negative views of those he regards as his political opponents. *shrug*









PS. You wouldn't believe how ironic it was that I ending up not posting my huge digression on your comments here.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 09:34 AM   #122
trisherina
meretricious dilettante
 
trisherina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,068
Well, you may see him as a provocateur, but he almost certainly sees himself as providing a service -- putting out an alternative view to those who go around with blinders on. And as long as he can and people keep reading, he will, regardless of what else the readers have to say.

So if people really want him gone they should stop opening threads he starts and put him on ignore. When he sees that there is no post count as the payoff (no people silently reading along) he may decide it's not worth the effort.

But for what it's worth there's stuff that is horribly offensive that goes on and on that is lovingly institutionalized here. The number of times that people have been brutally rude to Brynn, for instance, for no other reason than that she was open about her faith.
trisherina is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 AM   #123
Avalon
Moderator
 
Avalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A much better place
Posts: 5,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
the very title of this thread is offensive. you are calling a woman who has lost a child a name because you didnt like the way she grieved.i work with a single woman at work who had a child die two years ago at the age of seven. to see her at work crying because she misses her daughter is heartbreaking. one day a month or so ago she came into work with a new back pack. it was her daughters and as she is putting her stuff into it she finds a little notebook. in the notebook written upside down was the words " i love mommy" duke if you ever called this woman a moonbat mama i would beat you to within a half inch of your life. and any person on this board who defends a person who makes fun of mother who has lost a child should be ashamed of themselves. my two cents.

You make me proud to be your friend.
__________________
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #124
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues
 
Audreyvgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: on Yur Last Nerve, huh?
Posts: 5,412
^^^ holy crap, yes
Audreyvgs is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #125
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
life is so hard out there - why subject yourself to being abused by a bunch of people who don't get you? I come here because most people don't get me out there. Why would I want to spend my free time with more of the same?
There's a place out on the nets for you, Duke, where you will feel safe and loved and respected and listened to and challenged and inspired at the same time - isn't that what most people want, deep down? Don't give up looking for it. Everybody deserves that. Be nice to yourself. Coffee's right, and he's a nice guy. You should listen to him. It's really sound advice. And if people are saying they don't feel good or safe with your style of communication in the culture here, well, it's kind of like trying to make a cat sit in your lap when it doesn't want to. The kitty will get really mad, and scratch you and you'll get mad and hurt the cat....but in the end, you will have to let the kitty go. Just let the kitty go, duke.
It has nothing to do with your value as a person.
Brynn, I thank you most sincerely for your honest upright concern about my activity here.

After recently finding out that you were also heavily laid upon by some other members here for simply revealing your personal beliefs to them, I have come to the conclusion that I had indeed greatly misunderstood you at first ,for this and any dumb awkward conjecture I may have laid at your feet I trully appologize.

We both know that Real people are only as much as themselves and their solemn beliefs , and this is also what makes everyone of us unique to each other .

I understand your reason why you may think it would be better for me to look elsewhere , but just as you have done , so I will stand here upon my beliefs of what real good and evil are in this world today , and I will succeed .

And part of being a beliver in good and true things means to stand up in the face of sometimes overwhelming adversity and just keep on smiling as I have done here so far .

These people are angry with me for the most part because when I make a value judgement , I make sure to encompass the act , and not just the words of those who are in my spotlight.

And when the other members start to bellyache at me about it , I know it's only because it's something they have always refused to see what I see , and aknowledge , and yes it bothers them to come face to face with that which is already well known but to infamous and too politically incorrect to handle.
The Duke is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #126
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
Syria Loves Cindy

The Syrian press reacted to Cindy Sheehan’s melodramatic announcement that she was leaving the anti-war movement with gushing articles about Ms. Moonbat’s courage and honor.

Who would ever have guessed that the Baathist dictatorship would approve of Sheehan’s activities?

Presumably, the Syrian regime read her letter at Daily Kos.

Quote:
Syrian Minister of Expatriate Affairs Dr. Buthayna Sha’ban praised Sheehan’s activism and expressed sorrow at her retirement from public life. In an op-ed in Al-Sharq Al-Awsat - also posted on www.syria-news.com, which is affiliated with the Syrian regime - she called on “all the honorable people in the world” to join forces and continue Sheehan’s struggle:

“Cindy Sheehan has long been considered an example of how a (single) person [can] lead a campaign to change the outlook and position of a strong regime, like the American one, and she has long been a beacon for all those who defend liberty and justice in the world. The news of her retirement [from public life] caused [us] to lose hope, [but] when I read her clearly reasoned letter of resignation [from the anti-war movement], I understood the extent of her difficulty. ...

“Cindy Sheehan’s letter makes it clear that she received all the backup and support [she needed] when she was regarded as a Democrat fighting against the Republican Party’s outlook on the war. But when she left the Democratic Party, and defined the war in Iraq not as a matter of the political left vs. the political right, but as a matter of right vs. wrong - then her real problems began, for in a democratic regime, you are permitted to voice opposition [to the regime], but you are not allowed to expose the true nature of the regime and what it really stands for.

“The path blazed by Cindy Sheehan is a very important one, because it was meant to bring justice, respect for the human spirit, and awareness that what is happening in Iraq is a crime against humanity. [Sheehan’s activism] could have a real impact not only on American’s policy in Iraq, but on its policy in the Middle East [at large] and perhaps even in the [whole] world.”
Meanwhile, in Syrian government daily Al-Thawra, columnist Muhammad Khayr Al-Jamali says that another way to have a “real impact on American policy” is for the mujahideen in Iraq to kill as many US troops as possible:

Quote:
“For over three years, the [internal] debate [in the U.S.] has been going in circles, without bringing any change in the policy of the [American] regime or ending the American entanglement in Iraq. The conclusion is that the debate itself - [which was originally] aimed at correcting the mistakes of the current American administration and reshaping America’s relations with the Middle East and the rest of the world, far from the logic of power and from the policy of threats - has gradually degenerated into [empty] election polemics - a prelude to the presidential election that will take place in over two years [sic]. The transformation of this debate into part of the election [campaign] has eliminated any possibility [of resolving] the crisis... in Iraq.

“For the debate to open up positive horizons that will hasten the end of the American occupation in Iraq and extricate America from the crisis and its consequences, the Iraqis must continue their resistance and increase the losses to the occupation [forces]. The Americans [themselves] have no [choice] but to expose the deceitful policy of their government - which was the basis for its failing war in Iraq - and to work to depose President Bush before the end of his term. This [move should be carried out] based on the harm he has caused to America’s interests, economy, status, reputation and credibility.”

Last edited by The Duke : 06-20-2007 at 03:33 PM.
The Duke is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #127
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211

Last edited by The Duke : 06-20-2007 at 03:27 PM.
The Duke is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #128
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl
 
madasacutsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I realize it bothers them horrendously to come face to face with true situations most of which are already well known but are all too infamous for the liberal mind .
They don't want to have to face up to the barbaric incidences coming from those they deem as the downtrodden , and they deem it as politically incorrect to have to handle a daily diet of whats really going down in the global actions of these holy warriors , and they only want to know what they are being told in todays printed words of blind fantasy and bias.
And there's the rub.

I've talked about "liberal" already. I feel justified in accusing you of having a superficial understanding of arab affairs given that I have attempted to debate a couple of points with you and received nought but empty rhetoric in return. Empty rhetoric, technically not bad at all, but unfortunately empty.

I agree, it's pompous and arrogant to assume that people who hold different beliefs from yours are less well read.
__________________
He really shatters the myth of white supremacy once and for all.
madasacutsnake is offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 01:54 AM   #129
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
the very title of this thread is offensive. you are calling a woman who has lost a child a name because you didnt like the way she grieved.i work with a single woman at work who had a child die two years ago at the age of seven. to see her at work crying because she misses her daughter is heartbreaking. one day a month or so ago she came into work with a new back pack. it was her daughters and as she is putting her stuff into it she finds a little notebook. in the notebook written upside down was the words " i love mommy" duke if you ever called this woman a moonbat mama i would beat you to within a half inch of your life. and any person on this board who defends a person who makes fun of mother who has lost a child should be ashamed of themselves. my two cents.
Sorry but I do not know the lady you are talking about , but I have seen your violent mannerisms before good sir ,
You see , Again this is just how most people of liberal and leftist persuasion accomplish things , by aggresion , beatings,and murder.

The Islamofacists do it the exaxct same way , make a cartoon of Muhammed and they want to beat you dead .

Thus , The convergeance is picture complete .... Thank you for allowing us all to see the true intent and non integrity of any typical liberal ... !

Last edited by The Duke : 06-19-2007 at 01:57 AM.
The Duke is offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:05 AM   #130
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasacutsnake View Post
Duke, I hardly went bananas. I just pointed out what I believed to be the most glaringly obvious of the basic errors in your argument in the hope of having some sort of reasonable debate.

I always find being labelled (unsure if you meant me personally?) "liberal" as if it were some sort of insult, a particularly lazy and american habit to fall back on in an argument. I am in fact first and foremost, an Australian, and a swinging voter at that.

What I do have and which is unfortunately clear that you don't, is more than a superficial understanding of Middle Eastern affairs. I don't intend this as an insult, I am just pointing out that this makes it hard to have the sort of interesting debate which I like.
Okay excuse me , but This was your last post , I wasn't about to debate you on your knowledge of middle eastern affairs , but since you insist ...let's start with some basic Quranic knowledge , and leave the empty rhetoric behind ...Let's talk about Bukhari , the Suras 2 through 9 ...are you familiar with them ?

The Source of Wahabbism !

wanna talk about that ?
The Duke is offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 03:23 AM   #131
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl
 
madasacutsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,054
No.
__________________
He really shatters the myth of white supremacy once and for all.
madasacutsnake is offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #132
Avalon
Moderator
 
Avalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A much better place
Posts: 5,931
T...
You are, and always will be, the better man.
__________________
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #133
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasacutsnake View Post
No.

Well I must have missed it , what was your points on middle Eastern affairs again ?

I looked back through the thread but for some reason didn't find the post in question you are referring to ....my appologies

I noticed also that there is an echo in here on some of my last posts , I dunno how that happened
The Duke is offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 07:29 PM   #134
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl
 
madasacutsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by madasacutsnake View Post
Duke, this is interesting. Do you consider that perhaps politics and economics play a part in eastern dissatisfaction with the West? And that possibly jihadism is a tool to manipulate that dissatisfaction for political and economic gain?

I have always found it hard to swallow that a group of prosperous and enfranchised people suddenly decide that it would be a great idea to pop out and kill some people from another religion. After all, there's plenty of stuff about smoting and stoning in the Bible and generally western people dont feel the need to smote and stone.
^^

There.

Or to recap...............

Duke: Islam is really bad!

Snake: Maybe we could discuss some of your other views

Duke: Islam is really really bad!

Snake: Ok. If you don't have anything else to discuss, forget it

Duke: Islam is really really bad and you are ignorant.

Snake: I'm not ignorant and I wanted to hear your other views

Duke: Well then, would you like to talk about how Islam is bad?

Snake: No.
__________________
He really shatters the myth of white supremacy once and for all.
madasacutsnake is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #135
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues
 
Audreyvgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: on Yur Last Nerve, huh?
Posts: 5,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
but I have seen your violent mannerisms before good sir ,
... Thank you for allowing us all to see the true intent and non integrity of any typical liberal ... !

sad. sad. sad.
Audreyvgs is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.