ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #181
trisherina
meretricious dilettante
 
trisherina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,068
I have heard people say that, Maximilian. Mostly I've heard it from people who struggled a lot with feeling their kids impoverished them to some degree, or prevented them from getting or doing the things they wanted. I really hate it when people pressure others to have children. That's gross intrusion.
__________________
Because how we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. -- Annie Dillard
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #182
Max Headroom
monkey
 
Max Headroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 20 minutes in the future
Posts: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapietra
However - this is the unpopular *opinion* thread - carry on, Maximus.
I feel that mariage is an outdated and useless institution.
__________________
Art takes something ugly and over time makes it beautiful,

Fashion takes something beautiful and over time makes it ugly.
Max Headroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 02:52 PM   #183
lapietra
half baked
 
lapietra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: just ducky
Posts: 12,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom
I feel that mariage is an outdated and useless institution.
How come?
__________________
As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes. ~ Mel Brooks
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #184
lapietra
half baked
 
lapietra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: just ducky
Posts: 12,078
Oh, okay - I'll play -

Most men, before the age of 35 (and some for years after) are inconsiderate, narcissistic slobs who have never learned how to treat others, especially women. They think the world revolves around them; they think that women owe it to them to be "hot" and if they aren't, they take it personally and will treat any woman who doesn't meet their standards abusively, either directly or behind their back. They only take responsibility for the things that they're absolutely forced to take responsibility for, and secretly resent it. They are focused on money and sex, and will do whatever they have to to get either of them, regardless of how it makes others feel. They want instant gratification, hence the state of our popular entertainment (reality shows, "extreme" sports, and shows that pretty much qualify as soft porn). They dislike the institution of marriage because it represents commitment, which is something they'd rather avoid, because what they really want is an endless string of different women in their bed, and to be able to kick them out as soon as they become bored. They don't like children because that also represents commitment, many, many years of commitment. They have *absolutely no clue* that the flip side of commitment, responsibility, and consideration for others brings more enjoyment and pleasure than a string of meaningless orgasms with a bunch of women they've never gotten to know and now all hate them because they never learned how to actually give someone besides themselves pleasure.

Hey! that was fun.
__________________
As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes. ~ Mel Brooks
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #185
Coffee
Cheeses Save
 
Coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Floating
Posts: 9,204
Ok, I'll play too.

And scores of women fall for just the hedonistic guy type described above because they seem confident, aggressive, alpha male types, who are typically laden with the boy toys that our brainwashed society aquaints with "success". Then these same women set out on a fruitless task of trying to change the hedonistic, self centered, unfaithful, guys into something domesticated, sensitive, and commited...all qualities that these guys lack, and frustrate themselves (and their freinds by whining about the "insensitive boyfriend who they nevertheless LOVE") untill they themselves become jaded, cynical, and impossible to please with their fantastic list of demands, based on their experiences of all the things they have Not gotten out of past relationships, of how their ideal man should be...all the while still falling for the surface qualities that keep landing them in shallow one-sided relationships.

yes...stereotyping IS fun.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #186
lapietra
half baked
 
lapietra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: just ducky
Posts: 12,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee
Ok, I'll play too.

And scores of women fall for just the hedonistic guy type described above because they seem confident, aggressive, alpha male types, who are typically laden with the boy toys that our brainwashed society aquaints with "success". Then these same women set out on a fruitless task of trying to change the hedonistic, self centered, unfaithful, guys into something domesticated, sensitive, and commited...all qualities that these guys lack, and frustrate themselves (and their freinds by whining about the "insensitive boyfriend who they nevertheless LOVE") untill they themselves become jaded, cynical, and impossible to please with their fantastic list of demands, based on their experiences of all the things they have Not gotten out of past relationships, of how their ideal man should be...all the while still falling for the surface qualities that keep landing them in shallow one-sided relationships.

yes...stereotyping IS fun.
It is! (luckily I seem to know many who don't fit )
__________________
As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes. ~ Mel Brooks
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:43 AM   #187
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist
 
sparticle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: cleveland, oh
Posts: 4,702
I don't like the "Lord of The Rings" movies because I think they're boring as hell.

I hate American football.

I like black licorice.

If bullshit were music, Yoko would have been bigger than the Beatles.

I would rather walk than ride.
__________________
There are few situations in life which wind up with you saying to yourself: "Gee, I wish I'd had worse manners there."

-- trisherina
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:24 AM   #188
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles
 
priceyfatprude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: under your desk
Posts: 9,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparticle
If bullshit were music, Yoko would have been bigger than the Beatles.
OHHHHHHH MY GUDDDDDD YOU CREZZY BEETCH! Sometimes I love you so much I can't see straight. That made me LOL w/a mouthful of popcorn.

And lala, that is not an unpopular opinion, that is some ****ing TRUTH! I could add to it, but the last issue of Cosmo actually did it for me. They had a nice article on how guys just arent as ambitious as they were 10 years ago, and it doesn't bother them at all. I find this to be very very true.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:29 AM   #189
craig johnston
dalai clique
 
craig johnston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
Posts: 5,609
Quote:
what they really want is an endless string of different women in their bed, and to be able to kick them out as soon as they become bored.
yeah, and.....?
__________________
the tea leaf family
craig johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:40 AM   #190
12"razormix
 
12"razormix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: sk
Posts: 6,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapietra
They dislike the institution of marriage because it represents commitment, which is something they'd rather avoid, because what they really want is an endless string of different women in their bed
i prefer the men who are honest about this to the men who get married and then proceed to try and get an endless string of different women into their beds.
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:18 AM   #191
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging
 
Hyakujo's Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 10,071
I think there's a real chance of coming to some kind of conensus here.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #192
xfox
slightly effective
 
xfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: >>>
Posts: 2,404
I think everybody is different. Women rule and must choose their mates wisely.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #193
dinzdale
King of the patns
 
dinzdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: was that dog
Posts: 9,411
All women are insane.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #194
Gatsby
I used to be a girl
 
Gatsby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,152
Most men are bad in bed.
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 PM   #195
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun
 
Jack Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: up river and down river
Posts: 4,815
But insanity sometimes can be cured.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.