ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
Willow Sylph
monkey

Why you can never trust a bird...

Isn't this totally hilareous (if it's true)?

Taken from Snopes.com
Claim: Thieving birds stole hundreds of quarters from a car wash.

Example: [Collected on the Internet, 2002]

Bill owns a company that manufactures and installs car wash systems. Magic Wand Car Wash Systems just in case you want to buy one. Bill's company installed a car wash system in Frederick, Md. for a gentleman.

Now understand that these are a complete system including the money changer and money taking machines.

The problem started when the new owner complained to Bill that he was losing significant amounts of money form his coin machines each week. He went as far as to accuse Bill's employees of having a key to the boxes and ripping him off. Bill just couldn't believe that his people would do that. So they setup a trap for the thief.

Well they caught the thief in the act! Scroll down to see the thief.

The bird had to go down in the machine and back up to get to the money!

That's three quarters he has in his mouth!

Another amazing thing Bill told us is that it was not one bird there were several working together.

Once they identified the thief, they found over $4000 in quarters on the roof of the car wash and more under a nearby tree.
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:43 PM   #2
Coffee
Cheeses Save

I want a pet Magpie!!! What a cool way to make some cash!!!
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #3
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

I don't know if I was the only one who couldn't view the pics in Willow's post, but here's a link to pics of the bird thief:

http://www.jrgach.com/people/theft.html

"If there is a bedrock principle of the First Amendment, it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

-- Justice William J. Brennan
(1906-1997) U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Source: Texas vs. Johnson, 1989

Illegitimi non carborundum...

Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger. - Heath Ledger
LadyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:20 PM   #4
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Location: Oh, YOU PEOPLE go ahead and call it "Frisco." See if I care.
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyCrow
I don't know if I was the only one who couldn't view the pics in Willow's post, but here's a link to pics of the bird thief:

http://www.jrgach.com/people/theft.html

If you get those big green unhappy faces instead of the photos, just hit reload. For some reason I had the same problem here and on snopes.com, and reloading solved it.
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:00 PM   #5
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

I had a pet crow once, I caught him at a restaurant takin food right out of people's mouths!!! He'd wait til the fork came up, then would steal it as the fork went in by landing on their shoulders. So, while the restaurant was busy buyin everybody's lunch cept mine, I thought up a plan. I got it to land on the table, and handed it a cracker, and caught it by the tail with the other hand. I ran and got a box (lucky they knew me at this restaurant, runnin all over the back room) and I took it home, built it a cage and it was very comfy, handing its food out the cage to the chickens and dogs. I actually have a movie where he's getting cat food out of his bowl, he flies down and hands it thru the wire to the dogs. He was very very fun to have around, but after about 6 months, I felt it was time he deserved to be free, so we took the door off the cage. He stuck around for about 3 days worth of free eats, then saw a hawk and flew away. I think he visits sometimes...but he brings friends and I can't tell em apart. They stay up in the trees, say hi then scoot.
He sure was smart.
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:21 PM   #6
Willow Sylph
monkey

Audreyvgs,
That's so funny! I used to have a pet crow, too. His name was Jim Crow. My parents saved him after his wing was injured. He loved raw hamburger meat. He was quite a character. Kaw! Kaw!
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:46 PM   #7
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Quote:
Originally posted by Audreyvgs
I had a pet crow once, I caught him at a restaurant takin food right out of people's mouths!!! He'd wait til the fork came up, then would steal it as the fork went in by landing on their shoulders. So, while the restaurant was busy buyin everybody's lunch cept mine, I thought up a plan. I got it to land on the table, and handed it a cracker, and caught it by the tail with the other hand. I ran and got a box (lucky they knew me at this restaurant, runnin all over the back room) and I took it home, built it a cage and it was very comfy, handing its food out the cage to the chickens and dogs. I actually have a movie where he's getting cat food out of his bowl, he flies down and hands it thru the wire to the dogs. He was very very fun to have around, but after about 6 months, I felt it was time he deserved to be free, so we took the door off the cage. He stuck around for about 3 days worth of free eats, then saw a hawk and flew away. I think he visits sometimes...but he brings friends and I can't tell em apart. They stay up in the trees, say hi then scoot.
He sure was smart.
You better be writing lady.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:03 AM   #8
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally posted by Smartypants
big green unhappy faces
That is Mr Yuk!!!
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:21 AM   #9
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee
I want a pet Magpie!!! What a cool way to make some cash!!!

I beg your pardon?
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:48 PM   #10
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Location: Oh, YOU PEOPLE go ahead and call it "Frisco." See if I care.
Quote:
Originally posted by priceyfatprude
That is Mr Yuk!!!
Well excuse me. Mr. Yuk and I have never met before.
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: